Hotchkis uCA

Posted By: sogtx

Hotchkis uCA - 04/21/22 02:50 PM

Pretty damn slick

Anyone try yet ?

Attached picture C2DE73F5-AC79-4DF7-9316-25E1C521EB37.png
Posted By: 68rrunner

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 04/21/22 04:11 PM

Best on the market, Made in the USA. Fastest cars in the country are all running them.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 04/22/22 01:07 AM

I have the old style which absolutely SUCK to adjust, these look 1000x better in that regard.

That said, they're working out great otherwise.
Posted By: 73cuda340

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 05/12/22 07:58 PM

I bought a set for my cuda, I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Very nice quality.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 06/22/22 09:03 PM

There is a problem with the newer design UPPER Control Arms... with some rims, if the backspacing is a little deep (and for some cars having wide rims... a deep backspacing is necessary), the newly designed adjusting bolts may hit the inside of the top of the rim or tire upon turning near-to-full lock. This could be avoided IF the new adjusting bolts would be relocated further in towards the engine.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 06/22/22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
There is a problem with the newer design UPPER Control Arms... with some rims, if the backspacing is a little deep (and for some cars having wide rims... a deep backspacing is necessary), the newly designed adjusting bolts may hit the inside of the top of the rim or tire upon turning near-to-full lock. This could be avoided IF the new adjusting bolts would be relocated further in towards the engine.

Thanks for info.

Along those same lines with wide rim with high backspacing, watch out of tire clearance at full lock if you are running the US Car Tool inner fender shock tower supports. I know of an A-body that has that problem and they had to notch the support.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 06/22/22 10:33 PM

When I was mocking things up for my 51 Plymouth wider rims and tires were on the menu. Seeing how no one did this, other than nut cases like me, I had no advice on what fits, or doesn't for that matter. So I thought about it.

Minimum rim size was going to be 17's, not much in the way of tall, HP tires in anything smaller. Didn't want to spend a fortune on rims so I went with an OEM rim, in this case a set of steelies from the Challenger/Charger/300 cars. Right bolt pattern, right center hole diameter for hub centricity. But what size tire?

Not wanting to spend a fortune on tires for fitment purposes I came up with an idea. Here's what I did

http://www.yourolddad.com/tires

I could have gone much wider in the back, but I wanted a square setup. Tire height was picked to match the stick height to minimize speedometer inaccuracies and to allow my to use my new stock tire as a spare as I know it will clear everywhere. Because this is a driver.
Posted By: 70RT Charger

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 07/24/22 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by sogtx
Pretty damn slick

Anyone try yet ?

Those have to be the ugliest UCA I’ve ever seen and I just can’t do ugly that’s why I went with an adjustable Black SPC.
Posted By: Murfman1967

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 09/08/22 12:46 AM

I have them on my 66 Charger with Hotchkis strut rods, torsion bars, sway bars, leaf springs, and shocks. I went with a FF stage 3 steering box, HD tie rods, needle bearing idler arm, and Dr Diff disc brakes with Cobra calipers front and rear. They clear my 17” wheels with zero issues.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Hotchkis uCA - 09/08/22 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by 70RT Charger

Those have to be the ugliest UCA I’ve ever seen and I just can’t do ugly that’s why I went with an adjustable Black SPC. [/quote]

J

Attached picture 1 laugh 1.jpg
Attached picture 1 laugh 6.jpg
Attached picture 1 laugh 4.jpg
Attached picture 1 laugh.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums