Moparts

QA1 Lower Control Arms

Posted By: cudaracer42

QA1 Lower Control Arms - 03/30/22 09:31 PM

Anyone have experience with QA1 lower control arm in a road course situation? They don't have bump stops so what do you do for those especially if the car is lowered? Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: QA1 Lower Control Arms - 04/01/22 10:09 PM

The factory T/A AAR race cars didn't use LCA bump stops... but they did slightly section the frame rails at that area.

You could just remove them or else... cut the rubber bump stops in half by 50% ~75% or more just to have something there.... I run 1.24" TBs up front... and I love them (largest that'll fit through the factory 1.25" socket).

The factory T/A AAR race cars used larger TBS... ~1.45".. with C-body hexes.

Also, if you increase the TB stiffness, that will assist in reduced compression of the front suspension... less worry or concern of needing LCA bump stops.

Posted By: moparx

Re: QA1 Lower Control Arms - 04/02/22 06:11 PM

one of the manufacturers of polyurethane components makes a couple of thin bump stops. [prothane maybe ? i can't remember. shruggy]
i bought a couple of different pairs for my "eternal" project.
i think they were around 5/8" tall.
you might want to check what they offer for universal applications.
beer
Posted By: 375inStroke

Re: QA1 Lower Control Arms - 04/19/22 07:24 PM

That's weird. I got a set for B-Body, and they have bump stops, but they are hard. I searched for pics of them, and it looks like the A-Bodies don't have bump stops, but the E and B-Bodies do. Wonder why.
© 2024 Moparts Forums