Moparts

Mercedes Brembo calipers on E body?

Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Mercedes Brembo calipers on E body? - 03/07/20 03:33 AM

Good evening everyone
The other day I was out at my local U pull it yard. I noticed I'm the truck are was a Mercedes ML155 AMG. Looking at this SUV, I noticed the front calipers were 4 piston Brembo and the rear were 2 piston Brembos
I grabbed them thinking they might work good to modernize the my Cuda (and they were $13.00 a piece). So has anyone used these or Brembos on old mopars? If so what rotor have you used?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated

Attached picture IMG_20200229_141921976.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20200226-122357.png
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Mercedes Brembo calipers on E body? - 03/07/20 04:24 AM

Ear mount makes it difficult to do. If they were radial mount then it would be a lot easier. I've built a bunch of custom brake kits over the years but I don't use ear mount calipers anymore since it is too much work.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Mercedes Brembo calipers on E body? - 04/02/20 05:03 PM

maybe put them on ebay and buy some viper ones.

ebay mb brembo brake calipers
Posted By: feets

Re: Mercedes Brembo calipers on E body? - 05/16/20 07:01 PM

You can use them if you like. Nothing wrong with that.

The fronts are designed to fit 13-1/2" rotors that are 1-1/4" thick. The rears are designed for 13" solid rotors 1/2" thick.

I would strongly suggest looking for rotors before going any farther. It might be difficult to find something that fits your car. Should you find luck there, it's all about building the brackets. That can be the tricky bit.

If you have the fabrication skills it is entirely possible. It's the time and trouble you need to consider. If it turns out to be a bit more work than you're comfortable doing then flipping them on Ebay might work but you shouldn't expect a big dollar. There are far more attractive calipers available.

Those calipers are essentially the same as the non-AMG models used through those years but the mounting ears are different. Early SRT-8 cars wore similar parts.
Do not split the caliper. The o-rings are not available. Turn those torx head bolts and you've got a paperweight.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Mercedes Brembo calipers on E body? - 08/27/20 02:35 PM

Mustang rotors seem to be common, there is a guy on Dodgecharger.com that was selling a bracket to mount them. Tim
© 2024 Moparts Forums