Moparts

Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon

Posted By: AlexP

Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 09/25/19 06:44 PM

Is anyone running this combo? I’m looking to make this my final upgrade to the suspension and I seem to remember that they was an issue with the ball joint or some other clearance issue with the kit.

I’ve got the Dr. Diff 14.25” kit with a viper caliper.
Posted By: 68rrunner

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 09/25/19 08:49 PM

Not sure about teh Andy F stuff, but Willwood, Baer and Stoptech in the 13"+ range work fine.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/08/19 01:46 AM

so buy different UCA's, that would give you the super big brakes and I am not impressed with hotchkiss stuff. I think that Heims are [censored] joints for steering. Tim
Posted By: dangina

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/13/19 08:41 PM

I have this combo hotchkis arms 13" viper calipers - the only problem I had was I couldn't run the 17" rims I wanted - upgraded to 18"
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/25/19 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by dangina
I have this combo hotchkis arms 13" viper calipers - the only problem I had was I couldn't run the 17" rims I wanted - upgraded to 18"

Are you calipers mount in the front or in the back?

The Hotchkis A-body arm have a wide turn in the rear and can interfere with some rear mounted calipers. I think E-body's don't do that.
Posted By: tahoechallenge

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/26/19 06:12 PM

I run this 15" setup. The calipers are rear mounted with Hotchkis arms.

Attached picture 20170418_175127.jpg
Attached picture 20170418_175043.jpg
Posted By: jcc

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/27/19 12:55 AM

A 15" brake with a wheel adapter eek?

Got to be more behind that story.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/27/19 02:17 PM

i was looking mainly at the rotor surface.
i hope that's just a reflection from the camera ?
beer
Posted By: tahoechallenge

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/27/19 03:48 PM

I need the spacers to run the Mustang bullitt wheels. I used them with the original disk setup as well. The brakes are from a 2015 Mustang. They were new take-offs that I bought on eBay for $300. I use the 15/16" power master cylinder. I have been running this setup for three years and it works great! At some point I would like to get new 18" wheels with the correct offset. But not today....
The grove in the rotor is just a scratch that occurred when I mocked everything up.
Posted By: dangina

Re: Hotchkis B/E UCA’s with a 13” and larger brakes anyon - 10/30/19 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by dangina

Are you calipers mount in the front or in the back?

The Hotchkis A-body arm have a wide turn in the rear and can interfere with some rear mounted calipers. I think E-body's don't do that.

Mounted on the back! the rims were the year one rallye rims - The problem was the inside of the rim was rubbing against the top of the caliper...
© 2024 Moparts Forums