Moparts

PST Poly UCA Bushings

Posted By: 70charger512

PST Poly UCA Bushings - 04/16/19 01:08 PM

I assume plenty of people have dealt with poly upper control arm bushings, but I have a question involving the install. I used the bushing press to get two of them in, and they're snug, but the other two slid in by hand, and I can push them out by hand. The guys at PST assured me it was ok, but I wanted to know what you guys thought?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 04/16/19 01:33 PM

At one time Mopar made some retainer rings for those bushings. But I'll be darned if I can remember why or where I saw them for sale.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 04/16/19 07:34 PM

No, not OK. Precisely why I deal with Firm Feel for suspension parts.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 05/10/19 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Stevanovski
I assume plenty of people have dealt with poly upper control arm bushings, but I have a question involving the install. I used the bushing press to get two of them in, and they're snug, but the other two slid in by hand, and I can push them out by hand. The guys at PST assured me it was ok, but I wanted to know what you guys thought?

I'd get another upper set of arms, repros and aftermarket are available assuming your using original/used arms currently?

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 05/10/19 12:08 PM

I received new free control arms from Doctor Diff (with free next day shipping, it only took 18 hrs to get to my house). The poly bushings fit perfectly, the weird thing I discovered was in the bad control arms the poly bushings would slide in by hand, but the rubber ones that came with then didn't.
Posted By: yella71

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 05/15/19 11:56 AM

just like your last post....you have junk bushings

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 05/15/19 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by yella71
just like your last post....you have junk bushings

I used the same poly bushings in the new control arms and they fit perfectly. It's weird in the bad UCA's, the rubber ones fit fine, but the poly ones didn't, but those same poly ones fit in the new control arms.
Posted By: krautrock

Re: PST Poly UCA Bushings - 05/15/19 01:44 PM

does one pair of control arms have the outer shell still pressed in while the other paid doesn't?

also, from your other thread, and a similar thing happened to me...the strut rod locates the whole lower control arm well enough that if the strut rod is too long for some reason, you can use the LCA pivot bolt to actually pull the pivot pin out of the LCA. think about how much locating fore and aft the LCA bushing is actually doing.
© 2024 Moparts Forums