Moparts

Unisteer rack and pinion steering conversion?

Posted By: MoJoe

Unisteer rack and pinion steering conversion? - 10/28/17 02:28 PM

Has anyone used the Unisteer rack and pinion conversion kit for Mopars...it
is supposed to be a bolt on mod. I'm rebuilding the front end of a 69 Satellite with a 318 and manual steering. I'm planning to add disc brakes and power steering as part of a big block swap but lack the $$$ for the big name front end conversion parts and kits. I'll be using mostly stock front end replacement parts, perhaps a Doctor Diff disc brake kit, new 16" wheels and tires that came on the car and some bigger torsion bars of course. I'm looking to assemble a reliable fun cruiser and this seems like a viable economical alternative and any input or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you
Posted By: CSK

Re: Unisteer rack and pinion steering conversion? - 10/28/17 07:10 PM

I have one on my 68 Charger, I had to re engineer the complete set up, it works great now but, if I was to do it again , get the borgeson power box.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Unisteer rack and pinion steering conversion? - 10/29/17 05:06 AM

If you don't mind losing turning radius, if you enjoy 3 point turns even in a Wal Mart parking lot....go for it!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Unisteer rack and pinion steering conversion? - 10/29/17 05:35 PM

Don't bother. For what you are doing just rebuild the front end with stock parts and make some simple upgrades such as torsion bars and high quality shocks.
Posted By: MoJoe

Re: Unisteer rack and pinion steering conversion? - 11/01/17 01:58 AM

A stock rebuild was my first thought...just checking out other options.
Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums