Moparts

OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!!

Posted By: dangina

OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 02:33 AM

I have to admit I went a little overboard this year and bought a bunch of goodies for the car, I was wondering what have you guys bought to improve your cars? I'll go first:

bought a Fitech goefi, hoping to solve some issues I've been having this year,

bought the holly hydramat that mounts to the bottom of my intank fuel pump for some piece of mind

bought a american powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing, I'm going to see if this works better than my hydraulic slave setup,

bought a all aluminum roadrace a833 transmission from passonperformance, still running my stock and its the last thing that needed work, I wanted the new 5 speed but its double the cost and wait time, and I don't want to cut up my floor pans for a different transmission...
Posted By: Bob J

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 02:36 AM

This for the shop a Millermatic 215 and my son bought me a new cart for it.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 02:41 AM

4 new tires for the Ramcharger. And new pads for the front disc brakes. And today ordered a new lower radiator hose.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 02:46 AM

For the Cuda I have had some Black Friday purchases arriving. Big one being my gauges.

We picked up a new car for my Wife the Friday before Christmas. 2016 BMW X1

Posted By: RylisPro

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 04:04 AM

I bought... nothing...
haha!

My car is done, dosen't need anything else and just maintainence items or track day expenses from now on.

It was nice to be able to stop buying stupid car parts for myself for once and buy friends and family decent X-mas gifts!
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 04:58 AM

I got my car back before Christmas.

Things I need to fix is the exhaust and drone, some cosmetic work, and getting some time behind the wheel in.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 07:33 AM

New Tires, Carpet, Sound Deadener, rear seat, street brake pads, and a lightweight/ compact heater for the Valiant.
Posted By: 67autocross

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/30/16 10:24 PM

Bought a take out magnum 360 for my 69 Valiant to replace the 340 that died last summer. I'm going to start building the 360 in the new year.
I brought what was left of that 340 to a friend who builds engines and he put it back together, we just Dynoed it yesterday.

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 01:38 AM

sounds awesome guys! we should post some pics later when we finish smile I have to finish building our house before I can work on the old girl...

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 01:51 AM

Well, the radiator hose doesn't fit, different shape and number than the old one. They say they have the proper one in stock. Back to the store tomorrow, watching 'Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone now.
Posted By: 67autocross

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 02:04 AM

Tell more about the Passon 4 speed....is it the overdrive model?

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 03:10 AM

it is not, I wish I could have gotten the best of both worlds, but you gotta pick one or the other so I decided to do the 23 spline with the 2:47 road race setup, the main case and tailhousing is aluminum, I already have a 11" big block aluminum bellhousing from american powertrain, I mostly do autox, would like to do some roadracing in her someday, I'm not drag racing so I didn't need the 18 spline setup (that and the price tag starts over $3000) whereas this setup was around the $2000 mark which is a easier pill to swallow, especially with our terrible dollar exchange rate
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:12 AM

Bought myself a 440 Source rotating kit, Eddie heads and an intake for my low deck 512 build. Dad talked me into doing the motor this year instead ordering a front and rear kit from Dr. Diff to overhaul the brakes.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WmhhLc...mxPSQZIZg=w1024[/img]

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:15 AM

Now you can go fast

but can't stop

work

devil

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By amxautox
Now you can go fast

but can't stop

work

devil

Who needs to stop?

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
Now you can go fast

but can't stop

work

devil

Who needs to stop?
That's what trees are for. Right? laugh2
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 06:33 AM

Well, I can stop as quickly as a stock 10" disc upfront and a 10" drum outback will allow me to. grin

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 06:41 AM

If it was good for the '70s and '80, then you can't ask for any more than that. boogie
Posted By: myduster360

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 07:19 AM

I picked up an Evap kit from Classic Auto Air for the Dart

and this sweet 2-post LIFT!!

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=58EBFEC3

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
Now you can go fast

but can't stop

work

devil

Who needs to stop?
That's what trees are for. Right? laugh2

Light poles, guard rails, other cars, cows...
Posted By: Uhcoog1

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:23 PM

18x13 Forglines. Square. up
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By Uhcoog1

Nice Wade!
Competition Monoblocks? Which ones?!
I am guessing 6-lug? haha!

Happy New Years!

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By dangina

bought the holly hydramat that mounts to the bottom of my intank fuel pump for some piece of mind

Which one? The 3"x15" - pn 16-111 - with the 11mm walbro attachment? I am about to buy this one. Any feedback? Do you have in hand yet? Thanks

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 12/31/16 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By RylisPro

Nice Wade!
Competition Monoblocks? Which ones?!
I am guessing 6-lug? haha!

Happy New Years!

Happy New Year Ariel!

Yes, 6 lug. GW3R (competition 3 piece). I should probably start a build thread (more like refurbish thread- not much fab work required, just bringing a 10 year old racecar up to date).

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/02/17 02:50 AM

Which one? The 3"x15" - pn 16-111 - with the 11mm walbro attachment? I am about to buy this one. Any feedback? Do you have in hand yet? Thanks

Yep! Emailed Holley and they said that one is a direct fit for the pumps, it's sitting at the border, won't be able to get it for another week, won't be able to put it in at least for two months
Posted By: CKessel

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/02/17 03:47 AM

If they wrapped it in a burkha, it would get there with no issues.

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/02/17 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By CKessel
If they wrapped it in a burkha, it would get there with no issues.
YaBetChya. AND it'd have an extra thousand dollars in the pocket from the U.S. government.
Posted By: goldduster318

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/02/17 05:01 AM

DoctorDiff 13" Cobra front brakes. I'll order the rear 11.75's next month to match.
Posted By: JH23

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/02/17 02:15 PM

I've been working on my winter project and finally got all my Xmas presents. Year One Rally wheels, Nitto 505's, Hotchkis TVS kit, Hotchkis/Fox adjustable shocks, US Car Tool Level II package, March serpentine pullys, Borgenson box and pump, Hydratech, Milodon road race pan, pump, windage tray, Firm Feel sector shaft and roller bearing, Magnaflow stainless, Dr. Diff stage 3 brakes, Autometer tach, speedo, engine gauges, and ALOT of other small stuff.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/05/17 10:34 AM

Wilwood 13' 6 piston brakes, 11in Wilwood rear brakes, BE&A 1970 Cuda grill, enough paint and supplies to restore two cars, another e-body project and a custom front suspension for one of my cars. Now just have to see if I can get a third job and work the dept away.

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/05/17 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By migsBIG
Wilwood 13' 6 piston brakes, 11in Wilwood rear brakes, BE&A 1970 Cuda grill, enough paint and supplies to restore two cars, another e-body project and a custom front suspension for one of my cars. Now just have to see if I can get a third job and work the dept away.

Nice, I just installed those front brakes and the 12.2" rear kit. thumbs
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/05/17 11:28 PM

Cool, that's what was recommended for my type of driving environment. I was thinking of updating the pads they came with, which ones are you using?

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/06/17 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By migsBIG
Cool, that's what was recommended for my type of driving environment. I was thinking of updating the pads they came with, which ones are you using?

I'll use the pads they came with until they aren't enough. The car needs to drive under it's own power first.
Posted By: ntstlgl1970

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/08/17 10:33 PM

I decided to do more metalwork on the trans tunnel for Christmas

Attached picture IMG_0270.JPG
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/09/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By ntstlgl1970
I decided to do more metalwork on the trans tunnel for Christmas

Same here...

Well, got these before Xmas with clutch/plate, hyd throw out/master. Need to get a bellhousing for it and driveshaft.

Attached picture IMG_4478.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4480.JPG
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/09/17 06:21 AM

You evidently had one he*l of a big tree.

Watch carefully that Road Race oil pan if you attempt to torque bolts to recommended 15 pounds. You will severely dimple it,,depending on gasket you use.

I ended up building a girdle that encircles the pan of 1/8th thick stock steel that goes between pan and bolt heads. Highly recommended. I believe that someone is now selling a kit.

Do this right, you should not need any of the silicone sealers that inhibits the removal next time.

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/14/17 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By Sxrxrnr

Watch carefully that Road Race oil pan if you attempt to torque bolts to recommended 15 pounds. You will severely dimple it,,depending on gasket you use.

I ended up building a girdle that encircles the pan of 1/8th thick stock steel that goes between pan and bolt heads. Highly recommended. I believe that someone is now selling a kit.

Do this right, you should not need any of the silicone sealers that inhibits the removal next time.

do you know where these kits are sold? I'd love to get one, I've already had to remove my pan 3 times since I got it and the silicone is a PITA to remove, also why hasn't milodon made a reuseable gasket for the big block yet? they have them for the small block...
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/14/17 10:32 PM

Not sure why you are using RTV on a BB oil pan gasket.

The stock paper gaskets have always worked for me.

But here you go:

http://www.manciniracing.com/marareoilpan1.html

Unless you absolutely have to have a Milodon oil pan gasket.
Posted By: Bob J

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/15/17 12:50 AM

Where do you buy the bolt spreader kit for the oil pan.

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/15/17 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By Sxrxrnr

do you know where these kits are sold? I'd love to get one, I've already had to remove my pan 3 times since I got it and the silicone is a PITA to remove, also why hasn't milodon made a reuseable gasket for the big block yet? they have them for the small block...

Rumor has it that Hughes has em. Forum member jbc426 told me last evening he just bought one. Says looks real fine. Oh yes, he also told me that his Milodon oil pan was dimpled badly when he recently tore his 496 stroker down for a bit of a refresh. That's why he bought the kit.

Here's what I built for mine a couple years ago. My Road Race had dimpled, straightened it out, used my little fix, torqued bolts to recommended 15 pounds,,studs at rear main retainer,,,long story here,,,,used no silicone and pan does not leak.

Attached picture IMG_0243.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0241.JPG

Re: OK Christmas is over, what upgrades have you bought??!!! - 01/16/17 09:07 AM

I stopped by jbc426 home today to check out the Porter workover of his Indy heads going back on his bb stroker. Beautiful job on the valve train.

Got a chance to take a look at the Hughes supplied oil pan 'girdle' that I'd mentioned further up this thread.

Appeared first class work and for less than 50 bucks for the kit, can't imagine that if I were to do another engine, that I would do so without one.

Likely eliminate the need ever again to slather the oil pan with silicone to ensure no leaks
© 2024 Moparts Forums