Moparts

Corners are best at Carlisle.

Posted By: boydsdodge

Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/07/16 01:13 AM

What or who corner carvers are going to be attending Carlisle with your cars?
I'd like to meet up with your cars.
I am taking the 67 Coronet wagon

Attached picture 02-2015-carlisle-chrysler-nationals-1967-dodge-coronet.jpg

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/09/16 12:50 AM

I guess a shouldn't get my hopes up meeting up with other corner are best fans.
Posted By: topside

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/09/16 01:25 AM

Nice wagon!!
Posted By: 67autocross

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/09/16 06:15 AM

Will the wagon be taking on the autocross?

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/09/16 10:04 PM

No Auto cross for wagon, but likes to watch.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/16/16 02:50 PM

I won't be at Carlisle, I simply have too much going on this summer, but I will be at Mopar Nationals in Columbus in August. Look for me at the Gerko Enterprises vendor tent. last year we were next to the trailer full of girls selling mopar shirts/hats, just inside the staging lanes

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/18/16 01:18 AM

There was no Autocross this year.
The Dodge boys were giving wild rides in there Hell Cats this year.
Missing vendors from the event that I needed to get stuff from were Hotchkiss and Mancini. Had a shopping list from all my Canuck friends and the wagon went home with oil from Rob's Rod shop, thats it.
Always do my cross border shopping on this weekend but not this year, disappointed is polite.
Frigg'n' hotel cost me $1000.00 CDN.
Trip to the LA/Van Nuys Spring fling for 5 days cost me less.
At least they have road racing.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/18/16 03:08 AM

Who is Mopar? Sorry for your disappointment man.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/18/16 08:11 PM

Not sure why Mancini no longer attends, they usually had a large display, seemed to have lots of stuff going out the door. Would think the customer base would like seeing stuff first hand, even if to be ordered later online. They were not there in 2015. They had their Semi tractor listed for sale last year, I did not expect them back.
Posted By: brads70

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/20/16 12:52 AM

I agree it was disappointing for me too. First time for me going down and coming back with a pile of US cash? I bought a few things but nothing like I had planned? Still managed to go thru $1000.00 between motel rooms, fuel, food and a few parts. The autocross was a bummer too. Is it just me or does it seem every year it gets a little smaller? Really missed the commercial vendors.
Posted By: dangina

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/20/16 06:13 AM

no autox? was planning on going down next year, but its a long haul (34 hrs) was hoping there would be some competition to make the trip worth while!
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/20/16 08:22 PM

The autocross site at Carlisle is very very small -- I've seen it and proposed to the Carlisle mngt many years ago (2005) to host autocrossing for the Chrysler/Mopar wknd... they said they do it for other clubs (imports, Corvettes, etc)... then Hotchkis stepped in... that was great, but NOT, IMO, to allow only Hothckiss cars... then a year later they opened it up to all cars... that was a good step forward. I'd be much more willing to go the distance to a show, in particular Mopar shows, IF they have AX/HSAX/HPDE events going on.

Then west coast Spring Fling is on my bucket list... a great day to be experienced at the Willow Springs road race track, and the Mopar shows that follow.

My "Show" with my car is on a race track (AX/HSAX/HPDE)... not sitting doing nothing. I'm very reluctant to attend boring, sitting car shows... cars are meant to be driven... not dusted... muscle cars need to "show" what they can do on a track.. being driven... and the skill of the driver to be displayed, as well.

I've even offered to run and organize AX/HSAX/HPDE events for car shows that can offer those events... space/location permitting.

Remember the Monster Mopar Wknd at the Lucas Speedway a few years ago (~2009)? That AX/HSAX was the best one ever... we had ~80 entries, unlimited timed runs... safe and a blast of fun for all! It had the car show, the AX/HSAX and drag racing.. and of course the swap/vendors... One of the best shows yet!... all inclusive!!!
Posted By: cudazappa

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/21/16 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By boydsdodge
There was no Autocross this year.

Yes there was. Friday night only because Hotchkis couldn't attend. Dave Howell won the Real Street Shootout 3rd year in a row.

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/23/16 09:42 PM

Don't do the drive, go to the LA mopar Spring Fling.
We have a much better time.
The Track day at Willow makes it for us, along with all the night sights around LA.
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: Corners are best at Carlisle. - 07/28/16 05:46 PM

Had a blast at Carlisle, saw your wagon, didn't see you, but wasn't too far away from where you were with my Intrepid and the Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club.

I too was disappointed Hotchkis was not there and that there was no AutoX this year - every year I say I'm going to take my Intrepid through it and I never have.

Carlisle was bigger this year than ever before as it has been the last few years. Not sure other than Mancini and Hotchkis not being there and the lack of an AutoX what more anyone could have wanted.

I definitely did miss the AutoX though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums