Moparts

Charger Front suspension

Posted By: TA Wanted

Charger Front suspension - 03/10/16 03:04 AM

I picked up some parts the other day. The Guy says it was out of a low mile 69 charger R/T. I got an extra sway bar and Im not sure of its application. Any one recognize this part the diameter is 1 1/8. Is it a Hellwig part maybe? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Attached picture IMG_5296.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5297.JPG
Attached picture received_10207371978990083.jpeg
Posted By: 68rrunner

Re: Charger Front suspension - 03/10/16 03:49 AM

I've never seen stand off brackets like that before on any of the 72 and earlier cars. And the bends are pretty extreme.
Hope someone can identify it. I'd like to know what it is for as well.
Posted By: Jon @ Hotchkis

Re: Charger Front suspension - 03/10/16 08:56 PM

The stamped bushings brackets remind me of something newer, but they don't look like a Durango or Dakota...

Re: Charger Front suspension - 03/11/16 06:19 AM

Thanks for all the comments. Another mystery part for my collection. The sway bar width looks similar to my EBody.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Charger Front suspension - 03/11/16 04:56 PM

The bends and layout make it look like a rear bar. The brackets look like something off a front bar. Weird combo that is not a copy of any original mopar part.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Charger Front suspension - 03/12/16 03:47 AM

Look at the bushings up close on their sides and see if there are any casting numbers or Ford, Mopar, GM etc insignias.

The casting numbers are sometimes close to the part numbers. So posting them in the General section here might be someone familiar with part numbers, like Moparts people that work in dealership service are parts (or even on Google).

The casting number often can determine a rough idea of the date of the part application.

It looks like a factory sway bar setup to a truck or something. The blue bushing look OE as do the brackets.

Re: Charger Front suspension - 03/15/16 04:16 AM

Thanks for all the ideas. Ill check it out in the morning...
© 2024 Moparts Forums