Moparts

Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db

Posted By: RylisPro

Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 07:27 AM

Speed Ventures is hosting unlimited sound db track days at Laguna Seca on June 27-28th if anyone is interested.
The price per day is $459 very steep I know, so that's why I am only going on Saturday.

There is a ton of people signing up due to unlimited decibels so spots will disappear very fast!
Here is the link:
http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=526

Hopefully I can get the `Cuda ready way before then
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 07:29 AM

Quote:

Hopefully I can get the `Cuda ready way before then

With a Gen III or the 340?

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 07:31 AM

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 07:52 AM

Geeze... You go all out.
Posted By: Consulier

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 04:59 PM

I'm going to take the gamble and signed up for the weekend. Cancellation isn't too horrible if it doesn't pan out.

Not sure what I will bring, or if I will just fly out and get something out there.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 07:13 PM

Quote:

Looks like a spec TA engine.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 10:22 PM

Quote:

Looks like a spec TA engine.

Just an ordinary run of the mill 426 aluminum block Gen 3

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/26/15 11:43 PM

Yep
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/upTrans-Am-08.jpg

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 01:47 AM

Where did it come from? Need more details...

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 01:50 AM

Quote:

Where did it come from? Need more details...

Looks like Mopar Performance P5155513. Supposedly 100lbs lighter due to the aluminum block.

http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/performance/catalog/Hemi_Gen_III.pdf

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 02:16 AM

Quote:

Looks like Mopar Performance P5155513. Supposedly 100lbs lighter due to the aluminum block.

http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/performance/catalog/Hemi_Gen_III.pdf

Very similar but not exactly. It is a special order crate engine from Arrow Racing Engines.
It has Callies Ultra H-beam rods instead of Eagle H-beams and an ATI damper. It also has a 5.7 Eagle plastic intake to simplify things, but that is the only major options I opted for.
I emphasized light weight and reliability for the build

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 02:21 AM

Should completely transform your car. Wish I had the cabbage for an aluminum block. Wonder what the plastic intake weighs, my 6.1 intake is 34 lbs.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 02:37 AM

Believe me cabbage is the only thing I can afford to eat after paying for an aluminum block haha!
I figured I am only young, stupid, and single once in a lifetime...
Why not?!
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 03:03 AM

Quote:

I figured I am only young, stupid, and single once in a lifetime...

Nope! You're only young once. You're likely gonna be stupid and single multiple times! DAMHIK...

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 04:24 AM

Hey Samy! Here is the info you wanted to see

I had to sell my 572 aluminum Indy block and also saved up for years for this engine.
That's the reason why I have never painted my car haha!

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 04:58 AM

So, $16.5k gets you a drop in crate engine with pan, pick-ups, and efi that weighs roughly 450lbs and makes 500+ hp. You're still going to need starter, accessories, headers, and fuel system though, correct?

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 05:16 AM

Quote:

So, $16.5k gets you a drop in crate engine with pan, pick-ups, and efi that weighs roughly 450lbs and makes 500+ hp. You're still going to need starter, accessories, headers, and fuel system though, correct?

Yes correct. All those items roughly adds up to about another $2k. I still have to get the K-frame welded, exhaust re-fitted, chassis tuned etc. at a local shop.

Whoops! actually No because I had half of the XFI system from my previous build already. But a MS3 would be a more cost effective solution...

This is why I can't possibly make the April 9th Spring Fling event. I am shooting to be done by May as there is another track day at Sonoma/Infineon Raceway on May 23rd
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/speed-sf-sonoma-raceway-speedsf-com-107137#.VO_g0snTnqB
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 06:15 AM

The price on the motor actually seems reasonable (am I really saying that?). And, I've never even spent that much for a whole car...

Depending on what is going on and who is going to be there I may just have to show up to spectate.
Posted By: Uhcoog1

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 06:34 AM

Alex is trying to convince me to make it out for this Laguna seca date. I probably can't make it though.

When are you coming to COTA? We need to get on track together. And when is this shootout happening with everyone?

Wade

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 06:50 AM

Quote:

When are you coming to COTA? We need to get on track together. And when is this shootout happening with everyone?

Wade

COTA is a long shot for me. I just don't have the budget for it this year. The travel distance is what kills if for me as I would have to take days off of work. I am not familiar with the local track day groups over there either? Got any links for future reference?

For a shootout I think we would need a central location that will be best for everyone maybe Las Vegas Motor Speedway?

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 06:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wade

COTA is a long shot for me. I just don't have the budget for it this year. The travel distance is what kills if for me as I would have to take days off of work. I am not familiar with the local track day groups over there either? Got any links for future reference?

For a shootout I think we would need a central location that will be best for everyone maybe Las Vegas Motor Speedway?

CENTRAL would be at my local course or pikes peak raceway, or the CAM nationals in Lincoln,NE IMO. Im willing to go a great distance if the track is on the bucket list.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 07:04 AM

Quote:

CENTRAL would be at my local course or pikes peak raceway, or the CAM nationals in Lincoln,NE IMO. Im willing to go a great distance if the track is on the bucket list.

I never knew about Pikes Peak Raceway. Yeah that's a good location!
The bucket list Central location would have to be COTA though

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 03:25 PM

www.edgeaddicts.com
Edge addicts is the official DE group for the track I believe. They do a lot of private groups, etc. They put on the Lambo bull run last weekend, and a buddy is going this weekend to COTA (though I don't know who with- maybe a private COTA seat holder event).

www.thedriversedge.net
The Drivers Edge is the biggest DE group in Texas. They do a date or two a year at COTA.

And BMWCCA does a track day every year in March at COTA. March 20-22 this year.
http://texastrifecta.com

Those are the local organizations I'm aware of. And speed hunters had that one date, which you found in the past.

Also- they are very proud of the track surface and facility. There are rumors of large bills for damages. Just FYI for those considering it.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 02/27/15 04:15 PM

Thanks Wade some good info to know!

In my hurry to sign up, I didn't realize that you had to sign up for BOTH Saturday & Sunday!
I am bringing my S2000 as well.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/02/15 08:02 PM

Quote:

I never knew about Pikes Peak Raceway. Yeah that's a good location! The bucket list Central location would have to be COTA though.

If we want the shoot out deal to be at Pikes Peak, we should just try to for the Optima event in August.

USCA - Pikes Peak

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/02/15 09:52 PM

Anyone have any pull at USCA? Let's petition for an event at COTA.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/02/15 10:06 PM

Quote:

Anyone have any pull at USCA? Let's petition for an event at COTA.

Only if you have money...

Most of their events are tied in with ChumpCar now to get a break on track time. I don't think they aren't getting the car counts now to have an event at COTA for their current price.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/02/15 10:49 PM

That track is expensive to rent. Very.

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/03/15 04:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I never knew about Pikes Peak Raceway. Yeah that's a good location! The bucket list Central location would have to be COTA though.

If we want the shoot out deal to be at Pikes Peak, we should just try to for the Optima event in August.

USCA - Pikes Peak

I'm codawg in the stupid SORC that same weekend or else I would already be entered in that one. Sucks for me, that would've been ideal. If central location and affordable track rental are 2 requirements MPH in Hastings,NE would fit both those criteria. It's a flat 2.4 miler that isn't overly technical but is a great measuring stick for the car and you can hit 120+ if the car is good enough.
Posted By: Tomswheels

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/03/15 05:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

USCA - Pikes Peak

I could actually make this one....

Attached picture 8447028-image.jpg
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/04/15 03:00 AM

Tomswheels I see your on the list for this weekend at the Cam challenge. Been trying to see if there would be more interest from the Mopar crowd but there isn't. Will be nice to see more than 1 Mopar there.
Posted By: Tomswheels

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/04/15 05:21 AM

Quote:

Tomswheels I see your on the list for this weekend at the Cam challenge. Been trying to see if there would be more interest from the Mopar crowd but there isn't. Will be nice to see more than 1 Mopar there.

Is that you going in the Dart?
Posted By: joes68340s

Re: Laguna Seca Saturday June 27th 2015! unlimited sound db - 03/04/15 06:21 AM

Not my Dart going with the Dart. Looking forward to another Mopar.
© 2024 Moparts Forums