Moparts

74 'cuda disc brake conversions?????????

Posted By: scoutsr2

74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/07/14 04:12 AM

Tried ssbc kit but does not work with factory rear sway bar. Wilwood can't tell me if theirs will work or not. Anybody know of a kit that will????
Posted By: dangina

Re: 74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/07/14 04:29 AM

is this for the rear? If so you can go with the dr. diff 11.7" kit with cobra calipers
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: 74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/07/14 07:05 AM

I have Dr. Diff's 13" fronts with 4 piston calipers and his 11.7" Cobra caliper rears on my 73 Cuda. Along with Hydroboost my car stops so much better. Too much stopping power actually, I can't even heel toe anymore the brakes are so sensitive. I think I may need to adjust the Hydroboost.
Posted By: shawge

Re: 74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/07/14 09:33 AM

Rylis, what wheels are you using that fit the 13" fronts? I know the YO wheels won't fit so I'm curious as to what does.
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: 74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/07/14 09:59 AM

I am currently using a pair of Enkei PF01's which are my rear rain wheels and a 1 inch adapter for the fronts.
I used these to measure for a set of custom backspace forged 1 piece wheels
Posted By: scoutsr2

Re: 74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/08/14 04:29 AM

Yes this is for the rear for now but might be willing to use complete kit. Just figured someone would have a nice kit that would be known to fit an original rear with sway bar. Do these Cobra calipers have writing on them? Sure would not want a caliber that said cobra showing thru my wheel.
Posted By: dangina

Re: 74 'cuda disc brake conversions????????? - 03/09/14 04:39 AM

Quote:

Yes this is for the rear for now but might be willing to use complete kit. Just figured someone would have a nice kit that would be known to fit an original rear with sway bar. Do these Cobra calipers have writing on them? Sure would not want a caliber that said cobra showing thru my wheel.

they are just a black caliper which I like, I can't see it being even close to hitting the rear sway bar, I'm not sure how any kit would, bu then again I never owned a cuda
© 2024 Moparts Forums