Moparts

Help me select shocks

Posted By: rvw

Help me select shocks - 11/01/13 02:51 AM

I am building a 62 Dodge Dart for street use only. What would be a good shock for the car. Front end is totally rebuilt and as the Hemi torsion bars. I have the stock sway bar and new stock height rear springs.
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/01/13 03:54 AM

I have Bilstein RCD's on my stock suspensioned '68 Dart and it drived very comfortably. I took it on a 90 mile roadtrip across the freeways of LA county and I have no complaints.
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/01/13 04:48 AM

Quote:

I am building a 62 Dodge Dart for street use only. What would be a good shock for the car. Front end is totally rebuilt and as the Hemi torsion bars. I have the stock sway bar and new stock height rear springs.

My wife uses our Fox non-adjustable on her 62 Dart 440. She autocrosses occasionally and it's her daily.
Posted By: relax383

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/04/13 01:57 AM

Bilstein would be my first choice for a non-adjustable
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/14/13 09:59 PM

get the best shock you can affort
Posted By: jcc

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/14/13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My wife uses our Fox non-adjustable on her 62 Dart 440. She autocrosses occasionally and it's her daily.

Interesting
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 12:18 AM

No regrets with my Koni Reds on the Roadrunner.
Posted By: cudazappa

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 01:13 AM

I very pleased with the bilsteins on my Challenger. 1" torsion bars and stock rear leafs. Rides even nicer than the stock t-bars and parts store generic shocks.

When I get more aggressive with spring rates I will most likely have to go to the fox adjustables
Posted By: brads70

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 01:31 AM

I had Bilstein RCD on but when I installed the composite rear leaf spring they didn't work so well. I bought double adjustable QA1's and am very happy with them so far! Love the adjustability!
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 02:34 AM

Quote:

Posted By: Tomswheels

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 03:08 AM

Quote:

Every one, and I mean everyone I've talked to, that have switched from Bilstien or Koni or KYB to the new Fox-Hotchkis shocks, absolutely swear by them. I'm buying two sets, one for my cruiser Barracuda, one set (probably adjustable) for my racer Valiant...
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 08:43 PM

Maybe I've missed something about the new Fox-Hothckis shocks mentioned here. I believe I oiginally saw that they were only non-adjustable. Is that what you're referencing?

I also thought I saw a mention in one of the threads, somewhere here on Moparts, that Hotchkis was introducing some kind of adjustable shocks -- single or double adjustable?... is that true?... and if yes, is that what is you are referencing? Non-adjustable or adjustable?
Posted By: cudazappa

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 09:12 PM

Mitch,

Hotchkis has been working with Fox on single adjustable shocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3q5RCsWwYw

They debuted them at SEMA
Posted By: Tomswheels

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/15/13 11:17 PM

Quote:

Maybe I've missed something about the new Fox-Hothckis shocks mentioned here. I believe I oiginally saw that they were only non-adjustable. Is that what you're referencing?

I also thought I saw a mention in one of the threads, somewhere here on Moparts, that Hotchkis was introducing some kind of adjustable shocks -- single or double adjustable?... is that true?... and if yes, is that what is you are referencing? Non-adjustable or adjustable?

Mitch, I am looking at getting one set of each. The non-adjustable for my cruiser Cuda which are available now, and the adjustable for my racer Valiant, which should be available in the next couple months...
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Help me select shocks - 11/16/13 03:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You have a personal experience with these that you would like to share?
© 2024 Moparts Forums