Moparts

see ya ss springs

Posted By: mcmopars

see ya ss springs - 02/18/13 05:13 PM

ordered some espo 2" over for the duster.should be a lot more street friendly than the ss springs.they were quite stiff.now for some bilsteins
Posted By: cogen80

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/18/13 09:19 PM

2" over? at that point ya may as well kept the ss springs. lol
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/19/13 01:57 AM

Then handling won't be much better with the 2" over, should have gotten the regular one's. One of my cars are 1" over and I don't like them. My other car with reg springs handles better and rides better.

I started this post hours ago, before seeing the above post just now got back to it.

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/20/13 12:37 AM

Quote:

Then handling won't be much better with the 2" over, should have gotten the regular one's. One of my cars are 1" over and I don't like them. My other car with reg springs handles better and rides better.

I started this post hours ago, before seeing the above post just now got back to it.

say it aint so.i didnt just waist $300.00.they wont ride any softer than the ss springs????
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/20/13 02:39 AM

I do believe that they will ride better than your old SS springs because they have a longer front segment than do the SS and that should help the ride. Having the azz end up in the air destroys the handling is all.

My gold 71 is sitting on EPSO 1" over springs and my black 74 is on stock height springs.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/20/13 05:11 PM

Agreed. I think the stock style XHD spring are around 130-140# rate. I seem to recall SS springs are 160ish, so the ride will soften up some. But the 2" over ride height creates greater side laoding of the spring pack, so they are not as stable for cornering as a flatter spring. However, at 2," they may be flatter than SS springs, so you'll just have to wait and see. Last set of SS springs I isntalled were more like a +3 and there is some on on here who installed an SS set that resulted in a radical +6, but that isn't the norm.

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/20/13 10:41 PM

i need the 2" to clear the 275/60/15 tires,didnt want to go the air shock route.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/21/13 08:41 PM

On just about ANY rwd Mopar I believe a 275-60-15 mounted on a 7 or 8 rim having proper bs (4" for 7, 4.5" for 8) should fit a-ok w/o ANY rear fender or fender lip clearance problems... the key factor is the back-space.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/21/13 10:58 PM

Put on a smaller tire and stock or less springs. My car has -1's on it.
Posted By: MonGoo$e

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/21/13 11:50 PM

2"ers will settle down after a couple months. It'll be okay, had them on a Challenger and a Duster and with rear sway bars did great.

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/22/13 12:02 AM

Quote:

2"ers will settle down after a couple months. It'll be okay, had them on a Challenger and a Duster and with rear sway bars did great.

yea i got what i got,cant send em back.they wont be as high as the ss and should be less harsh.which is ok by me
Posted By: Mr340

Re: see ya ss springs - 02/25/13 03:37 AM

If they are too high you could try flipping the front hanger and you'll loose about 3/4".
© 2024 Moparts Forums