Moparts

1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing

Posted By: 410mopar

1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 01:33 AM

I need a drawing (blueprint) of the front suspension. I need to know the mounting positions of all the parts, upper and lower arms, shock upper and lower mount positions. Any help appreciated.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 02:59 AM

Quote:

I need a drawing (blueprint) of the front suspension. I need to know the mounting positions of all the parts, upper and lower arms, shock upper and lower mount positions. Any help appreciated.

Good luck, closest I've ever seen is the drawings in the FSM not sure that'll have everything you need.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 03:40 AM

Fat chance of finding a drawing like that unless you're willing to pay for it.
Posted By: PHJ426

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 04:16 AM

how much of that info might have been supplied with a frame alignment machine for the purpose of unibody alignment?

That probably shows something but not all the measurements your looking for.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 04:33 AM

Quote:

how much of that info might have been supplied with a frame alignment machine for the purpose of unibody alignment?

That probably shows something but not all the measurements your looking for.

Not much info. Those charts don't define the suspension pick up points.

I assume the O.P. wants to plot the suspension geometries on paper or proabably a computer program.
Break out your rulers, calipers, plumb bobs, height indicators, etc, etc..! Actually you should check the circle track parts industry. They may sell some tools to do this type of measuring. I helped a guy do it to chassis years ago, but don't remember the brands or names of the equiptment.

It's much harder to do to a stock bare chassis compared to a race car bare chassis.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 06:07 AM

You are looking to this?

http://www.circletrack.com/chassistech/ctrp_0809_moment_center_location/viewall.html

http://www.circletrack.com/howto/1816_front_roll_center_location/
Posted By: feets

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/03/13 05:23 PM

Stuff a 69 k frame under the car if you're concerned about handling. It will move the engine back and down but the suspension geometry stays the same.
As a bonus you will get the improved idler arm mount with top and bottom brackets. The 65 uses a cantilevered bottom bracket without any support on top. It just kinda flaps around under stress.
Posted By: Rick_Ehrenberg

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/05/13 04:33 PM

Quote:

Stuff a 69 k frame under the car if you're concerned about handling. It will move the engine back and down but the suspension geometry stays the same.
As a bonus you will get the improved idler arm mount with top and bottom brackets. The 65 uses a cantilevered bottom bracket without any support on top. It just kinda flaps around under stress.

The Firm Feel ball bearing idler kit mitigates this to a considerable extent.

Rick
Posted By: feets

Re: 1965 B-Body Front Suspension Drawing - 01/05/13 05:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The Firm Feel ball bearing idler kit mitigates this to a considerable extent.

Rick

True but that won't move 700+ lbs of weight in a favorable direction.

© 2024 Moparts Forums