Moparts

Glad To Be Here!

Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Glad To Be Here! - 05/23/12 09:51 PM

Hello Folks.
Just putting the word out that I'll be here on the forums regularly to help in anyway possible. I will probably spend the first few days getting the lay of the land and catching up on everyone's projects.
I'm already seeing a few familiar cars, and some will be able to guess in short order who I am and where they have seen me before. However, for the majority of you who don't, my name is Dan, and I drive the 1968 Road Runner and 1970 E-Max for Hotchkis at various events, from Hill Climbs to autocross, you'll find me pushing the Mopars to the limits and quite often beyond. We have quite a few events coming up in the near future, and the boss has me busy on a few Mopar projects right now to expand and advance the product line. The short list for this is:
-July 6-8 We will be in Carlisle, PA for the all Mopar event
-Retrofitting TVS's for 62 and up B-Bodies, as well as 63 and up A bodies. Once we have all the bugs worked out, We will pass it along when parts are available. As usual, we don't just box something up and ship it out the door because it "should work", we want to make sure it does work.

I look forward to talking and more importantly Hot Rodding with all of you at shows and more importantly, at the track!
Dan@Hotchkis
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/23/12 09:54 PM

Welcome to Moparts.

Maybe someday I'll make it out of this state and maybe even get to Mopars at the Strip.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/23/12 10:25 PM

Heck yeah! Glad to see another repected Mopar guy join the site. Your work with the Mopar suspension is getting noticed. Hope you hang around, since we may tap your noggin from time to time!
Posted By: feets

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/23/12 10:57 PM

It's nice to know that you'll be making stuff for the early Bs.
Sadly, I'm selling the hot rod so that won't be of much help.

Now, where's the hot rod parts for my 1972 Imperial?

Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/23/12 11:37 PM

Feets, here you go, now leave the nice man alone!

http://www.tankerpartsstore.com/mm5/merc...y_Code=MISCTANK

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 12:13 AM

Quote:

From what I've been reading, It looks like you'll be on the Power Tour. I look forward to seeing your car.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 02:40 AM

Glad you're here Dan! How about a little less lowering on the A-body rear leaves? I need to call you guys seems on the longer wheelbase Darts they are overwhelmed a bit.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 03:21 AM

Quote:

Glad you're here Dan! How about a little less lowering on the A-body rear leaves? I need to call you guys seems on the longer wheelbase Darts they are overwhelmed a bit.

Did you feel yours is too low with the Hotchkis springs and Hotchkis front hangers on your car? Do you have any measurements? What diameter rear tires were you running?

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 03:32 AM

I have them mounted in the stock front hole and also have 1" longer rear shackles and its still an inch lower than i'd like and doesnt even have fuel in it yet. Peter, Gmachinedart, sent his back for the same reason and warned me about them being to low but I figured i'd out smart them lol! I dont have the car on the road yet and still have my S ing oval tracker to go back to if needed.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 07:00 AM

Quote:

I have them mounted in the stock front hole and also have 1" longer rear shackles and its still an inch lower than i'd like and doesnt even have fuel in it yet. Peter, Gmachinedart, sent his back for the same reason and warned me about them being to low but I figured i'd out smart them lol! I dont have the car on the road yet and still have my S ing oval tracker to go back to if needed.

Are you looking for a look with some rake with the rear higher than the front?

Whats the distance from the bottom of your K-member to the ground.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 07:07 AM

Ill give ya from the top of the axle to the factory rear bumpstop distance. 3.25", I want to wait until its on the ground before I make my final decision just seems like they are gonna be WAY low with the car loaded with fuel. If it sits level with my front about where yours is ill be good.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/24/12 07:57 AM

Quote:

Ill give ya from the top of the axle to the factory rear bumpstop distance. 3.25", I want to wait until its on the ground before I make my final decision just seems like they are gonna be WAY low with the car loaded with fuel. If it sits level with my front about where yours is ill be good.

What's the distance between the bottom of the front K-member to ground? IIRC, mine it about 5.25" right now. I had to raise it for the TTI headers.

I'll get my measurement from snubber to body. I'm not with my car now. I've got much smaller diameter rear tires.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/25/12 04:44 PM

Dan

Will you be bringing the Emax challenger to Carlisle? If so can you take me for a spin?

I have the TVS kit on my Challenger and it would be interesting to compare the ride.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/25/12 04:58 PM

We will, and absolutely.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/25/12 05:22 PM

Dan, do you know of anyone running bigger aftermarket calipers on an A-body with Hotchkis upper control arms?

Any of them rear mounted?

I want to run rear mounted for brake ducts.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/25/12 07:01 PM

None that I can think of off the top of my head. It wouldn't be too difficult to make a bracket that would rotate the caliper to where you wanted. The one with the Wilwood kit is super simple and cut from a flat piece.
Posted By: Devil

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 05/25/12 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

From what I've been reading, It looks like you'll be on the Power Tour. I look forward to seeing your car.

You should join the MoPowered Tour with the Challenger and Road Runner! MoPoweredTour@yahoo.com

See you out there, I'll be leading the pack.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/01/12 07:43 PM

Dan,

Regarding the A-body leaf springs - any reason the 67-76 leafs won't work on a 66 Barracuda?

Thanks,
Lee
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/02/12 02:52 AM

Quote:

Dan,

Regarding the A-body leaf springs - any reason the 67-76 leafs won't work on a 66 Barracuda?

Thanks,
Lee

Dimensionally, no.

All the springs in all A bodies are swappable.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/02/12 02:54 AM

In the R&D we've done so far, we have not seen any issues.
Posted By: dusted72

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/02/12 03:56 AM

Hey Dan any plans of making stuff for the 94-01 Rams? Would love to have options for suspension like the Chevy guys have to include sway bars.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/03/12 02:59 AM

Quote:

Hey Dan any plans of making stuff for the 94-01 Rams? Would love to have options for suspension like the Chevy guys have to include sway bars.

None that I know of.
Posted By: dusted72

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/03/12 03:06 AM

Sad face. Ok
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/03/12 03:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

None that I know of.

What about redoing a run on the Dakota springs? They're regarded as "the best" drop springs available for the 97-04 trucks. You guys are still making the sways, but discontinued the springs.
Posted By: jrlegacy23

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/03/12 06:28 PM

Dan, if your not already, you should stop over to forabodiesonly.com a lot of us over there are running Hotchkis also.
Great product, and hope to see you at Carlisle.
Posted By: Moparmatty

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/11/12 11:13 PM

Dan. Is there going to be a full TVS for '70 B-bodies available?

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 12:41 AM

Quote:

Dan, if your not already, you should stop over to forabodiesonly.com a lot of us over there are running Hotchkis also.
Great product, and hope to see you at Carlisle.

They won't let me post there without becoming an official sponsor of the site.

Quote:

As for the 70' B-Bodies, I see no reason why all of the TVS components wouldn't bolt up.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 12:48 AM

Quote:

As for the 70' B-Bodies, I see no reason why all of the TVS components wouldn't bolt up.

70 foot B body? They sure need SOMETHING.

Now the '70, as in 1970, B body is a tad bit shorter, say 17 foot.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 01:01 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in 1970 the sway bar and mounting was changed from previous years.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 02:30 AM

You are correct, but we sell mounting tabs that can be welded on to "correct" the position. They are intended for control arms that didn't come with mounting points.

http://www.hotchkis.net/early_mopar_control_arm_bracket.html

http://www.hotchkis.net/late_mopar_control_arm_bracket.html

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 03:36 AM

Quote:

You are correct, but we sell mounting tabs that can be welded on to "correct" the position. They are intended for control arms that didn't come with mounting points.

The sway bar mounts to the k-frame differently too.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 06:45 AM

This looks like the other bracket.... http://www.hotchkis.net/late_mopar_control_arm_bracket.html

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 01:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The sway bar mounts to the k-frame differently too.

The mounts come with the kit.

Re: Glad To Be Here! - 06/12/12 03:15 PM

You have a PM Dan.
© 2024 Moparts Forums