Moparts

ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY?

Posted By: moparpete22

ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 12:53 AM

LOOKING TO MAKE MY CAR RIDE BETTER. SHOULD I TRY THE BILSTEINS OR THE STANDARD KYB'S?. ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE MY 70 CUDA RIDE NICE? SPRINGS ETC? THANK YOU
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 12:56 AM

Quote:

LOOKING TO MAKE MY CAR RIDE BETTER. SHOULD I TRY THE BILSTEINS OR THE STANDARD KYB'S?. ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE MY 70 CUDA RIDE NICE? SPRINGS ETC? THANK YOU

They are if it fixes your caps lock
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 01:19 AM

That's funny

I have KYB's on mine and felt that it was a great improvement. Never had the Bilstien's so I cannot say either way on those.

Damon
Posted By: astjp2

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 01:35 AM

Yes
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 02:06 AM

Buy the Bilstiens & don't look back.... I've got Bilstiens on three of my four driving cars & the fourth will have them to when the OE shocks get replaced... One of the best upgrades I've done to my Challenger..
Posted By: 70chall440

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 04:53 AM

I have KYB's on my 70 Challenger, had bilstiens on a vette and will have bilstiens on my cuda. Firm Feel high recommends Bilstiens and I cannot argue. The KYB's are an improvement over stock but the Bilstiens are in thier own league.
Posted By: DennisH

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 02:10 PM

Hotchkis/Bilsteins.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 04:19 PM

Shocks interaction with the suspension is not unlike a cams interaction with an engine. Sure, cheap ones will work okay, some of the time with some combinations, but to really make things work well together, you need to spend the money to put a quality unit in to the equation.
Posted By: dangina

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/01/12 07:22 PM

although if your car is a trailer queen with oem suspension, and the only time you drive it is to car shows, I see no need to spend the extra cash...if you plan on driving the car - bilsteins.
Posted By: Fury Fan

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/02/12 03:05 PM

There was a thread on this within the last month, search for 'bilstein' and you'll surely find it.

'Why so much hatred for the kybs' IIRC.

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/03/12 12:30 AM

THANKS PETE

Re: ARE BILSTIEN SHOCKS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? - 02/03/12 12:31 AM

thanks will order today
© 2024 Moparts Forums