Moparts

The rubber hose trick on the distributor

Posted By: ProSport

The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 07:58 PM

I did the rubber hose trick 2 months ago on the distributor to make it easier to set timing per BigCube and a couple others here. I'm starting to worry about the piece of rubber hose deteriorating in the motor. How long will it last before needing replaced?
I was gonna check it tonite but it requires removing plug wires, 4 port regulator hoses, fan wires etc. I'm lazy.
Posted By: 70Dustmite440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 08:13 PM

just think how much it would suck, if the dist. was at the other end of the motor LOL>>>>>>.runs for cover
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 08:22 PM

I changed my hose for a 1/2" ID clamp collar. The hose felt a little spongy, but not falling apart. I would say check it and see how yours looks.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 08:32 PM

where could one find a 1/2 id clamp collar at?
Posted By: supercomp

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 08:40 PM

I used one of these. Works great.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INSRAR2&PMAKA=990-3536&PMPXNO=3019485
[IMG]
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 08:52 PM

not really seeing how the clamp is supposed to work... The hose works because it applies pressure and friction against the intermediate shaft to take up the slop. How is one supposed to do that with a collar?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/26/06 09:14 PM

Posted By: 440newport

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/26/06 09:17 PM

Quote:

I thought you were a Mechanical Engineering student...
The clamp is positioned so there is near zero clearance between the bottom of the clamp and the top of the intermediate shaft gear. When the gear tries to ride up, it is stopped by the clamp.

Ah, that makes sense... I figured the slop was in the distributor shaft and not the oil pump drive, I could see the drive shaft trying to climb the gears like you say though..
Posted By: PHJ426

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 01:13 AM

Very cool.

I learn something new everyday.
Posted By: goldmember

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 01:20 AM

I wouldn't feel real good about a rubber hose myself. Have you checked out the kit offered by Dvorak? I think it was also sold by several vendors in the 70's. The collar that some are using just loads the shaft and bushings,I'm not sure the long term effects.
Posted By: SKR8PN

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 02:15 AM

WEll.......I have the rubber hose trick on my 470. I also do NOT have a dipstick or any breathers in the valve covers,so I have NO way to add oil,except to pull the distributor.
My rubber hose gets checked quite frequently,like,every oil change
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 03:24 AM

You can also get the 1/2" clamp at Graingers for $2.64 part # 1L660

To install it, put the clamp on the dist shaft, way down by the bottom. Tighten the clamp enuff that it won't fall off, but will still slide on the shaft. Install the dist and tighten it down. The installation will position the clamp for zero endplay on the dist shaft and intermediate shaft. Then remove the dist, tighten the clamp on the shaft so it won't slide, re-install the dist, and you are good to go.

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/27/06 03:25 AM

Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 03:27 AM

you should try taking the dist to a weld shop and put a weld down the end of the shaft and grind it to fit the gap.a weld shop would do it for free i bet being a small job he could tie in with another.
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 04:02 AM

Quote:

you should try taking the dist to a weld shop and put a weld down the end of the shaft and grind it to fit the gap.a weld shop would do it for free i bet being a small job he could tie in with another.

Why waste the time doing this ?...IF you do it this way and then at some point need to change the distributor or intermediate shaft you have to do it all over again.....with the collars....simply loosen the screws and place it on the new unit...simple..and easy.
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 04:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks for posting the Grainger part # Joel
Posted By: Leigh

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 09:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

To install it, put the clamp on the dist shaft, way down by the bottom. Tighten the clamp enuff that it won't fall off, but will still slide on the shaft. Install the dist and tighten it down. The installation will position the clamp for zero endplay on the dist shaft and intermediate shaft. Then remove the dist, tighten the clamp on the shaft so it won't slide, re-install the dist, and you are good to go.

That's exactly how I did it! Great HEMI minds think alike.

ps: I used a drop of Loctite on the screws.

Dave, your hemi eyes must of missed that "trick" componet listed in the Hamburger 340/360 Catalog circa 1979, eh?

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/27/06 10:25 AM

Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 12:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why waste the time doing this ?...IF you do it this way and then at some point need to change the distributor or intermediate shaft you have to do it all over again.....with the collars....simply loosen the screws and place it on the new unit...simple..and easy.

i would not think the parts would very that much to need adjusted every time you put a shaft or dist in.i dont ware my stuff out often enough to think about that i guess.the hose deal pushes my buttons for things not to do.sorry!
i see the cost of the granger part is cheep enough to get that why bother.you would spend that much in gas getting it there.

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 01:45 PM

Thanks for the awesome info as usual guys, time for a trip to Grainger this week!
Posted By: mxbeep

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 01:53 PM

Can this clamp trick be applied to street engines that will show a few thousand miles/years before removal of distributor.

Or is it just a race engine application

thanks
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 02:29 PM

Quote:

Can this clamp trick be applied to street engines that will show a few thousand miles/years before removal of distributor.

Or is it just a race engine application

thanks

Yep.....you can and really should do it to them all, tollerance stacks can vary so much that some may never notice, while some will walk all over the place.
I`ve been doing this in various ways since back in the early 80`s....Just not the rubber hose tho..i`m not too keen on that for something that will not see teardowns occaisionally.

My
Rick
Posted By: mark_gates

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 02:33 PM

I've been watching this hose trick since it appeared last spring. I didn't like the idea either, but I will go with the Grainger collar. My pump gear has enough wear on it now that the timing wanders a couple of degrees at certain rpm's. Thanx all for the update.!
Posted By: deaks

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 02:40 PM

I did the hose trick and i also tapped the end of the dist tang over to take any play out of the slot, i suppose the clamp would give you peace of mind, great tip though Bigcube.

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 02:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Where is Graingers, do they have a online store?
i tried ordering from Enco they charge $40.00 shipping on a $2.00 item.

I am in Canada not in australia

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 03:59 PM

Prosport not to high jack your post but do small blocks have the same problem, my timing seems to bounce a little ? can this trick be done on the small blocks ? i have play in my shaft up and down, so wouldnt that cause the timing to jump all over being the drive gear could move up and down on the cam gear. i have a rollmaster timing chain and a tensonior on the 416 so it cant be jumping from there. thanks Bondobob
Posted By: BradH

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 04:09 PM

Quote:

...Have you checked out the kit offered by Dvorak?...

Oh, you mean the one that I had Dan install on my distributor just prior to my second dyno session w/ Dwayne P, only to have it cause the entire distributor to wobble when the engine was running... and then started slipping off the shaft... after about 5 minutes of run time?

It's still sitting on my parts shelf in a zip-loc baggie... and Mr. Dvorak never bothered to reply to my e-mail asking about the issues we encountered w/ it, either.

Since I don't have a Grainger's account (they deal w/ businesses only, right?) I'll be happy to reimburse anyone who is placing an order for one of those collars shown above if they'd order a second one for me, too.
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 05:01 PM

Quote:

Prosport not to high jack your post but do small blocks have the same problem, my timing seems to bounce a little ? can this trick be done on the small blocks ?

Yes it will do the same thing.

Somewhere I have one of the collars that Ed Hamburger used to sell for Mopar distubutors back in the 70's
Posted By: bcrproducts

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 05:07 PM

Beepraz I am Canadian as well and in Canada Graingers is called Acklands Grainger. Try them---Greg

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 06:08 PM

thanks SB412DUSTER i will install them on my small block dist. Bondobob

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 07:37 PM

Quote:

Beepraz I am Canadian as well and in Canada Graingers is called Acklands Grainger. Try them---Greg

We have one in town , i will look them up

thanks
Posted By: DAHEMIKOTA

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/27/06 11:31 PM

www.grainger.com I could give you a phone number but there are 350 locations. Akron, Ohio is :330-733-6311
The address is 420 Kennedy Rd 44305-6311. Dan
Posted By: cudadon

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 02:34 PM

Thanks for the ingenuity!! My Barracuda is deadly consistant, but when checking timing it does move a little. That would make it easier to see. I will check local hardware first, if not thanks for the part #!! Don
Posted By: PHJ426

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 07:23 PM

to graingers now LOL
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's exactly how I did it! Great HEMI minds think alike.

ps: I used a drop of Loctite on the screws.

Dave, your hemi eyes must of missed that "trick" componet listed in the Hamburger 340/360 Catalog circa 1979, eh?

Leigh, don't be a HATER. I never said the trick was my idea, did I? If you want to give Ed Hamburger credit for it, go right ahead. Happy now? You must be a lot older than me, because I was in my junior year of high school in '79. In the future, I suggest you NOT skank up threads with your garbage posts. Be helpful, not hateful.

am i missing something here ???
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 07:49 PM

the only problem with graingers , at least a couple of local to me graingers , is they don't sell tob the general public ...
Posted By: B_Body_Bob

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 08:01 PM

Fastenal is another place that's a lot like Grainger's and they do sell to the public. They may have the same collar.

Edit: yeah they do - first one I found was 88 cents
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=33374

Search for clamp collar - this should get you there
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products.ex?now=1&N=999603515&Nty=0

Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 08:03 PM

I tried getting one from my local graingers and they wouldn't sell to me either. So I ordered one from MSC. mscdirect.com, PN-87856779 for $1.36
Posted By: 340727dart

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 09:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Prosport not to high jack your post but do small blocks have the same problem, my timing seems to bounce a little ? can this trick be done on the small blocks ?

Yes it will do the same thing.

Somewhere I have one of the collars that Ed Hamburger used to sell for Mopar distubutors back in the 70's

Is the SB distributor shaft the same diameter as the BB distributor shaft?
There's a Grainger store nearby and, since the company I work for does a large amount of business with Grainger, I get things from there at a discount.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 11:42 PM

Yes, the intermediate shaft bushing used is the same part#.

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/28/06 11:43 PM

Quote:

Yes, the intermediate shaft bushing used is the same part#.

Thanks. I'll be going to Grainger tomorrow.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/29/06 04:39 AM

LOL,I wonder if Grainger notices there is a run on these all of a sudden. Every time I play with the timing on the Challenger I have noticed how it bounces around and now I know why.
I stopped by are local Graingers today and picked up 4 of them. I plan on putting on two of them for the extra support. The piece actually looks like a nice little piece with a allen screw to tighten it up and all.
If any one can't get a hold of them PM me and I will hook you up!

Keith

Attached picture 2880985-1654477-P1120424.jpg

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/29/06 02:34 PM

I just called the local Grainger store. They have 16 in stock. I'm picking up four at lunch time.
Posted By: murfman

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/29/06 05:47 PM

Great post! My timing is not too steady and I'm sure this is the reason why! Does anyone know if this is unique to Mopars, or should I pick up spome extra collars for my Ford and Chevy friends?
Posted By: RumbleVid

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/29/06 06:11 PM

Quote:

Prosport not to high jack your post but do small blocks have the same problem, my timing seems to bounce a little ? can this trick be done on the small blocks ? i have play in my shaft up and down, so wouldnt that cause the timing to jump all over being the drive gear could move up and down on the cam gear. i have a rollmaster timing chain and a tensonior on the 416 so it cant be jumping from there. thanks Bondobob

The SB drive is on the other side of the cam, the rotation of the cam is pushing it down already.

If the tang on the bottom of your dist. does not fit tightly in the drive slot that slop could cause your timing to move back and forth a bit. If it's quite a bit you can weld a small bead on the end of the shaft and the grind it back down untill it fits perfect or if the slop is not much I have just peened the corners of the tang with a few raps with a hammer (carefully) and it has gotten the job done.
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/29/06 06:19 PM

Drill and tap a nut and place a Allen head set screw in it and set the screw using a old distributer drive shaft etc. For initial run in use a dab of wheel grease on the nut and lock tite the allen set screw,works like a charm and cost virtually nothing. Mine has been on my cars for years and never had a problem

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/29/06 07:01 PM

Quote:

Great post! My timing is not too steady and I'm sure this is the reason why! Does anyone know if this is unique to Mopars, or should I pick up spome extra collars for my Ford and Chevy friends?

I wouldn't think Ford and Chevy would have that problem being they have the gear attached to the end of the distributor.
Posted By: murfman

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 12:20 PM

So small blocks do not need the collar? I get some movement on my timing and I was kindda hoping this was the reason, and it is an easy fix!
Posted By: urdustd

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 12:51 PM

Murfman-
Many times unstable timing in a small block is due to timing chain stretch or rotor phasing. AndyF (AR Engineering) use to sell a CNC'd rotor to help with phasing issue. Not sure if he still does or not..... The timing chain can be solved with the MP timing chain tensioner.

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 12:56 PM

I think it would be worth a try on any mopar. Small or big block.
Posted By: cl440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 01:15 PM

Quote:

I changed my hose for a 1/2" ID clamp collar. The hose felt a little spongy, but not falling apart. I would say check it and see how yours looks.

Same here. We got ours at our local TSC store (Tractor Supply Store).
Posted By: cudadon

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 03:25 PM

Been thinking about this. Wonder how much load or pressure this will transfer to the bearings in the distributor? MSD has ball bearings, they aren't really designed for side loads are they?
It may not be enough load to worry about. I am just wondering, I too think it is a good idea! Don
Posted By: Flite_727

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 08:32 PM

if anyone is interested. i have a box of the clamps at work. they were mis-ordered. for the cost of a self addreded stamped envelope, i will gladly mail one(& only one!) to you. they are 1/2" I.D. & they are similar to the one pictured in duster daves earlier post, except they are aluminum, & have a single 8-32 allen head screw. they are 3/8" thick, & 1-1/8"O.D. pm me, & i will reply w/ my mailing address, so you can get the s.a.s.e. to me. only people that NEED one, please(assembled, running motor with retarding timing). it is a box of 25, so first come, first serve.
thanks-jeff
p.s. please put 2 $.39 stamps on the envelope, i'm guessing one clamp weighs between 1 & 2 oz.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 08:43 PM

O.K.....I give up ...What is the Rubber Hose trick and how will it help me beat SUNROOFGTX at Norwalk .
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 09:21 PM

When I had my motor apart this winter I discovered I chewed up a bronze gear in 32 runs. I figured out that with the distributor fully seated, if the oil pump is off the motor you can push the intermediate shaft up. The slot in the top of the intermediat shaft is deeper than the flat of the distributor engauges... in my case the gear could "ride up" over 1/8". When this happens it will mess with dist phasing in the case of the crank trigger or case the timing to jump around. It also caused the wear on the bronze gear. here's some pics...

Dist seated

Oil pump off and I'm pushing the intermediate shaft up with from the bottom

Rubber hose trick told to me by Joe Weber (Dave Weber's brother)

Rubber hose and dist installed

If you have a problem with your timing jumping around, the hose or a clamp collar will fix it... the jury is still out on how long the hose will last

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/30/06 10:35 PM

Quote:

O.K.....I give up ...What is the Rubber Hose trick and how will it help me beat SUNROOFGTX at Norwalk .

You kill me Fran! You don't have a chance at Norwalk, I was at Ricks the other day doing a little 'wrenching and tuning'.

I put the 1/2" collar on my dist. last night, the piece of rubber hose was ballooned out so big it probably wasn't doing anything, very spongy too.We'll see how the collar goes Saturday, think it'll be worth a tenth?

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/31/06 10:04 PM

I just gotta say one more thing about this, I fired the car up tonite to set the timing with the new collar on there and the timing is rock steady like a crank trigger setup. I've been guessing my timing for 4 years as it bounced all over the place, now I can set it quickly and accurately. Thanks for the idea guys!
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 08/31/06 10:32 PM

Good stuff, this is tech archive worthy....

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/01/06 12:55 AM

Quote:

I think it would be worth a try on any mopar. Small or big block.

I put the collar on my 340's distributor this evening and just got back from driving it.
The engine idles smoother now, which kind of surprised me. I didn't know what to expect by putting it on. But, it seems like the $2.69 I spent for the collar was money well spent.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/01/06 05:04 AM

Quote:

I just gotta say one more thing about this, I fired the car up tonite to set the timing with the new collar on there and the timing is rock steady like a crank trigger setup. I've been guessing my timing for 4 years as it bounced all over the place, now I can set it quickly and accurately. Thanks for the idea guys!

Can't wait to set mine finally on Saturday 9 Tired of all the jumpin" around also)and then go race on Monday are last Summit points race of the year.
Posted By: CrAlt

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/04/06 06:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Same here. We got ours at our local TSC store (Tractor Supply Store).

You wouldnt happen to still have the TSC P/N or SKU would ya? The nearest TSC is about an hour away and would just like to call them first to see if they have it.

Thanks.
Posted By: cudabin

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 12:17 AM

Wow !! I just put a 1/2 collar clamp on and the timing is now Rock steady !!!

I tightned the 2 allen screws up pretty good, so do i need to re-do it and use loctite ???

Thanks for the tip!

Arnie

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/05/06 01:37 AM

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 06:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You kill me Fran! You don't have a chance at Norwalk, I was at Ricks the other day doing a little 'wrenching and tuning'.

Bob, it worked like a charm. Unreal.. Now, about that bodyflex !!! I really going to have to feather it off the line unless I want that twist...
Posted By: MikeP

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 07:31 PM

Quote:

The SB drive is on the other side of the cam, the rotation of the cam is pushing it down already.

If the tang on the bottom of your dist. does not fit tightly in the drive slot that slop could cause your timing to move back and forth a bit. If it's quite a bit you can weld a small bead on the end of the shaft and the grind it back down untill it fits perfect or if the slop is not much I have just peened the corners of the tang with a few raps with a hammer (carefully) and it has gotten the job done.

Quote:

I put the collar on my 340's distributor this evening and just got back from driving it.
The engine idles smoother now, which kind of surprised me. I didn't know what to expect by putting it on. But, it seems like the $2.69 I spent for the collar was money well spent.

If this is true on LA's, then is it the weight of the collar(I have three different ones weighing 31-42gms) giving additional inertia to the shaft and giving the tang positive placement in the slot?

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 07:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If this is true on LA's, then is it the weight of the collar(I have three different ones weighing 31-42gms) giving additional inertia to the shaft and giving the tang positive placement in the slot?

Don't start me to lying. I was not expecting any noticeable results like I felt with my engine.
The drive tang already fit pretty tight in the slot on the top of the intermediate shaft.
Even though my distributor is still fairly new, there was a little bit (approx 0.015") up and down movement on the distributor shaft. I have to figure the collar took up that slack.
Posted By: MikeP

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 07:52 PM

Quote:

Don't start me to lying. I was not expecting any noticeable results like I felt with my engine.

No, not at all......Just curious as to why and if there are more positive results on small blocks...

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 08:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, not at all......Just curious as to why and if there are more positive results on small blocks...

Just to clarify, I wasn't being defensive. Honestly, I had no idea the collar-on-the-shaft trick would work for me, especially after I read that the SB shaft actually is forced down during normal engine rotation.
I have to think the collar helps eliminate the slack in the distributor.

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/05/06 08:45 PM

I'm glad everyone's having positive results, my gear must have been moving up and down pretty good cuz setting timing is a breeze now. I did loctite mine before tightening the screws real good, just some added insurance.

No problem Sunroof, I'll bring my wheelie bars over for you. Sure hope Fran's not reading all this.

I don't think the weight of the collar will matter, although I'd run the lightest one for rotating mass.

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/06/06 01:47 AM

i talked to a friend this past weekend that told me he has run one on all his small blocks for years now, he got his from hambuger years ago. im installing mine this week to test on friday at norwalk Great post ProSport thanks for all the info from everyone. Bondobob
Posted By: Ari440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/06/06 01:49 AM

are you guys instaling one or two clamp collars ?

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/06/06 01:56 AM

I got one like Duster Dave got. Mc Master (562) 463-4277 #9947K16 extra wide 1pc. clamp on collar 1/2 bore-1 1/8 OD. - 7/8 wide double set screw lock cost $8.31 i picked it up at my local tool dealer that handles Mcmaster-Carr products. Bondobob
Posted By: Sport440

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/06/06 06:20 PM

I just picked up two clamps from Granger , they were like 2.60 apiece. After seeing All of the positive results I felt I needed them. As my Timing is all over the place above 3500 RPM. Thanks for the post Prosport., mike
Posted By: 66coronet

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/06/06 06:46 PM

has anyone noticed an ET or MPH gain from this? i realize the timing will steady up but I am interseted to see if there are any other gains.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/06/06 07:43 PM

Re: The rubber hose trick on the distributor - 09/06/06 07:52 PM

I doubt I'll run any quicker with this trick, it's just a whole lot easier to set timing. We'll find out Saturday if it doesn't rain.
© 2024 Moparts Forums