Moparts

Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday

Posted By: dynotune440

Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 11:20 AM

I just saw that Sandy Colter from complications from a stroke.
This is the post I saw on FB...copied and pasted.

Hello this is Nicole posting of behalf of my sister Lynne Colter to let you all know that Sandy Colter has passed away this evening due to complications from his massive stroke... we would like to thank you all for your well wishes over the past week... funeral arrangements will be announced when made... thanks again
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 12:00 PM

A wonderful person that has gone too soon. He will be missed by many. Our prayer for him and the family and hope the fond memories of him will get you all through the tuff times your experiencing.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
A wonderful person that has gone too soon. He will be missed by many. Our prayer for him and the family and hope the fond memories of him will get you all through the tuff times your experiencing.

Saw the news yesterday. Truely saddened. Always looked forward to seeing him at Springfling. Spent many hours with him and his crew in the Airtel lounge. There’s one picture I have been trying to dig up showing him and his fellow Canadians driving around San Francisco in Herbs Dart Convertable. I dubbed it Canadian Bacon. He was very fond of Herb and Stu and every year would make the trip out west to meet up with them a week before Springfling. Sandy was a gentel soul, always good for a laugh and conversation. The Mopar community today is sorely empty however we can take solis that he’s Joined Stu and Herb in a far better place.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 03:36 PM

Sandy was a great guy. Always made me laugh when I would meet up with him. Rest in Peace. My condolences to his family. angel
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by migsBIG

Saw the news yesterday. Truely saddened. Always looked forward to seeing him at Springfling. Spent many hours with him and his crew in the Airtel lounge. There’s one picture I have been trying to dig up showing him and his fellow Canadians driving around San Francisco in Herbs Dart Convertable. I dubbed it Canadian Bacon. He was very fond of Herb and Stu and every year would make the trip out west to meet up with them a week before Springfling. Sandy was a gentel soul, always good for a laugh and conversation. The Mopar community today is sorely empty however we can take solis that he’s Joined Stu and Herb in a far better place.

Geez this sucks.

We’ll truly miss him at Spring Fling.

He’s got a crew of extremely close friends out here.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 04:44 PM

Sandy was one guy that I used to expect to see every Spring. His big bear shaped physique, his full head of hair and big smile filled the room. He almost always had a beer in hand, telling stories and laughing with the guys. He always seemed to be on the hunt for cars and parts. I recall him buying a Ramcharger, a green 74 Duster and one other car that he drove to the Spring Fling show....cars that he bought and had shipped back home.
The many Spring Fling events that were spent at the Air-Tel hotel and Woodley Park were great memories of mine. It is sad to hear of such a nice guy passing away. I feel sorrow for his family. RIP, Brother.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 09:56 PM

I `m pretty sure I bought some stuff from him some years ago. I never had the opportunity to meet him in person. RIP
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/05/22 11:50 PM

Very sad. I didn't know him well, but always enjoyed seeing him.
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 02:25 AM

There’s one picture I have been trying to dig up showing him and his fellow Canadians driving around San Francisco in Herbs Dart Convertable. I dubbed it Canadian Bacon. He was very fond of Herb and Stu and every year would make the trip out west to meet up with them a week before Springfling. Sandy was a gentel soul, always good for a laugh and conversation. The Mopar community today is sorely empty however we can take solis that he’s Joined Stu and Herb in a far better place.

I almost never check in anymore, but something made me check out the General section today.
This thread is clearly why.
I am profoudly saddened by the news.

Godspeed, Sandy.

Attached picture herb_dart.jpg

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 02:38 AM

Some shots from 2011 Spring Fling.

#1 has Herb leaning against his stunning '68, with Sandy talking to John.
(Note that Sandy is most likely drinking a Mountain Dew, as alcohol is verboten in Woodley Park.)

#2 is a later and slightly different angle of the same group, getting Herb's face this time.

Sandy and I would always exchange good-natured ribbing.
I considered posting a photo of him watering a tree in Woodley Park, but decided against it. Squint your eyes and imagine, instead.

We shared many common denominators, not the least of which were Challenger Hellcats and RHD Aussie Cars.
I even brokered a deal with Jeff (OzHemi) to buy a 265 hemi for Sandy, and strap it into that year's (I think it was 2016) Spring Fling purchase...
... a POS van that I temporarily warehoused and later shipped back to him.

Attached picture mopar 226.jpg
Attached picture mopar 231.jpg

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda

Geez this sucks.

We’ll truly miss him at Spring Fling.

He’s got a crew of extremely close friends out here.

Sandy was like that - always seemed to surround himself with an entourage of good pals - both Canoodlians and locals.
Here is my last photo for now - taken in Fall of 2012, when the gang made the trek down to my club's [Mopar Club of San Diego's] show that was held that year at The Embarcadero, in San Diego harbor.

Attached picture aapw 028.jpg
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 04:13 AM

Thank you, Steve.

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 68HemiB
There’s one picture I have been trying to dig up showing him and his fellow Canadians driving around San Francisco in Herbs Dart Convertable. I dubbed it Canadian Bacon. He was very fond of Herb and Stu and every year would make the trip out west to meet up with them a week before Springfling. Sandy was a gentel soul, always good for a laugh and conversation. The Mopar community today is sorely empty however we can take solis that he’s Joined Stu and Herb in a far better place.

I almost never check in anymore, but something made me check out the General section today.

Godspeed, Sandy.

The Canadian Bacon pic. On that tree watering pic, if it’s the pic Of Sandy
Leaning against the tree he wasn’t feeling well in that I think he got too much sun. Dan, his buddy was really ribbing him that evening at the Airtel lounge.

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Thank you, Steve.

Yes Steve, thanks
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 02:10 PM

Sorry to hear this. RIP Sandy.

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 10:10 PM

While speaking with another friend on the phone yesterday, I learned that his given name was Alexander.

Online obituary

(His previous screen name here was DrDodge340.)
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 10:24 PM

60 is WAY too young. Thanks for posting the obit Steve.

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/06/22 11:17 PM

While speaking with another friend on the phone yesterday, I learned that his given name was Alexander.

Online obituary

(His previous screen name here was DrDodge340.)

Thanks Steve for posting
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/07/22 12:40 AM

The Mopar world lost another good guy! RIP Sandy!
Posted By: Mopar J

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/07/22 07:00 AM

Truly sad news. He was a fixture in the Mopar community and a regular face at the CPW Spring and Fall Fling shows. Had some great conversations with him and he was always a pleasure to have as a participant on the Fling Friday cruises.

The Mopar community and car world in general lost a good one.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 01:22 AM

Sorry to hear that, first found out about on FB. I first met Sandy also at Spring Fling and always had a great time hanging with him and his crew! RIP Mr. Colter... angel
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 03:48 AM

Godspeed, Sandy.

RIP Sandy. I’m saddened by this news. The trunk of that dart was full of ice and beer. Great times at baconfest 2008.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 02:23 PM

Wow . . . met Sandy at Spring fling, when I met up with Seattle group and drove down . . . met at Stu's for a wonderful time @ his place.

RIP Sandy
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 05:18 PM

RIP Sandy angel
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 08:37 PM

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known." My thoughts and heartfelt condolences to Mr. Colter's family. May you rest in heavenly peace Sandy. angel
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by nutso suave

Godspeed, Sandy.

RIP Sandy. I’m saddened by this news. The trunk of that dart was full of ice and beer. Great times at baconfest 2008.

I couldn't find the Baconfest group pic, but I found this in my stash of Stu pics. We've lost at least three of these guys...

Attached picture Stu Harmon200 cropped.jpg

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Originally Posted by nutso suave

Godspeed, Sandy.

I couldn't find the Baconfest group pic, but I found this in my stash of Stu pics. We've lost at least three of these guys...

Ole Stu peeking around the corner. Sure miss those guys.
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/08/22 11:43 PM

Been feeling somewhat numb and pretty bummed out since I found out. Sandy was a great guy and someone I considered a friend for life. Sadly, it had to end all too early. He will be missed by many!
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/11/22 11:59 PM

In memory of Sandy, maybe we can do something in remembrance of him. I’m thinking that maybe he tour of the Mopar shows in spirit and everyone can show their appreciation. If someone has a good picture of Sandy, we could blow it up real large and mount it and take it to various shows he would attend and have the friends he made over the years sign the back of it and assign a custodian that traveled the shows to take it along. I would donate money to have the picture made and maybe someone could take it around to those events. When it’s all said and done, we can send it to his wife to let her know that he was a well loved and respected member of our automotive community. It’s probably a lot to ask, but I thought it would be nice to send off a great guy.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/12/22 05:16 AM

I've got more. But this is the first one I found.

Attached picture IMG_1673.JPG
Posted By: outcast

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/12/22 09:15 PM

Sandy was a truck guy may be change the truck column to Sandy,s truck stop . Sorry just saying He well be missed here in town..

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/12/22 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by outcast
Sandy was a truck guy may be change the truck column to Sandy,s truck stop . Sorry just saying He well be missed here in town..

Good idea
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/15/22 11:24 AM

Sandy was a well liked member here. He now has his own forum. Sandy's Truck Stop! Thanks guys for the suggestion and thanks to Tom Moparts for making it happen! wave

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/15/22 07:04 PM

Way cool, thanks Tom
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/15/22 09:30 PM

Sandy was a well liked member here. He now has his own forum. Sandy's Truck Stop! Thanks guys for the suggestion and thanks to Tom Moparts for making it happen! wave
very nice up
Posted By: outcast

Re: Sandy Colter aka SANDYinNS Canada passed away Sunday - 09/15/22 11:24 PM

thanks i can see Sandy Herb Stu haven a great laugh about this Thanks very much
© 2024 Moparts Forums