Moparts

Just signed up for the Power Tour !

Posted By: The_Mean_Machine

Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 05:39 AM

Juhuuu
just signed up and booked rooms for the Power Tour.

This is going to be the last big thing before I relocate. After the tour the Mean Machine will have about 36.000mi driven in 28 month across the entire nation under her belt

Can you say Road Trip

Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 05:52 AM

I wish i could do that. that'd be really cool....i have a feeling gas prices might keep a few people home this year...

-Goody
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 05:52 AM

Way to go - sounds like a blast!!

Look for me as you drive by --->

Est das LeistungTour nächste?

Attached picture 1667118-towel.gif
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 05:56 AM

I have been following your adventures with the machine for a while now and all I can say is you travel in style. Good luck on the power tour and with your relocation to Germany.
Posted By: Just Cameron

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 05:56 AM

Way to go, Frank! The Mean Machine sure is gonna turn even more heads where she's going, too!
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 12:37 PM

I have not seen the route, can you give a brief decription of the roads you will be traveling?
Thanks and good luck!! I have always wanted to do the Power tour as well.
Stu

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 12:57 PM

Thanks for the good wishes!

The tour runs from Milwauee Wi to Springfield Il, from there to Indianapolis In, Nashville Tn, Birmingham Al (I can sleep in my own bed that night), from there to Tallahassee Fl and ends in Kissimmee Fl.
The biggest stint will be from Tuscaloosa AL to Milwaukee Wi on Friday 3rd.
Can't hardly wait...
Frank

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 01:06 PM

Wow, you will be all the place. Hope you can take a few photos to share.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 02:08 PM

Good luck Frank!
Posted By: Clair

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 02:17 PM

Your defiantly are the long haler on this board.
Have Fun !!!

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 03:34 PM

sounds like a great time, i wish i could see you there but i have to postpone until next year becuase the other car i was going with and planned to split hotel costs is my best friend who just got a DUI so that sort of threw a stick in the spokes, the other thing is i'd have to drive a ford if i went this year.... So next year i'll be there with a mopar, enjoy it and post lots of pictures for those of us that just couldn't make it out.
Posted By: longram60

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 03:40 PM

I plan on doing the Indy to Nashville segment, and possibly to Birmingham.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 04:11 PM

Quote:

I plan on doing the Indy to Nashville segment, and possibly to Birmingham.

Cool.... make sure to say hi!
Frank
Posted By: feets

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 04:15 PM

You'll have a blast.
As you drive through the small towns, the residents will fill the streets and treat it like a parade.
Last year was a blast! We had nearly 4000 cars haul from Arlington, TX to Green Bay.
Be prepared for long traffic delays. When you hit the small towns, many of 'em will direct traffic through the towns quickly. Mid size towns will experience heavy delays and 2 or 3 mile backups at traffic lights. Larger cities will be able to handle the traffic.
Remember that it's not about the destination. It's about the drive. Don't take short cuts. Don't try to beat everybody to the destination. Just sit back and cruise with a few thousand of your hot rodding bretheren.

Helluva deal.
Posted By: Slingshot

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 04:29 PM

If anyone else is coming up to Milwaukee, gimme a holler. I'm not going on the tour, but I'd like to meet up with some of y'all. You can listen to my radio show if you're there on Saturday

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 09:34 PM

Sounds good, I'll make sure to dial the radio in once I am in Milwaukee

Are any other members participating?

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/26/05 09:46 PM

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 10:01 PM

That would be awesome, I would love to get a ride in your Duster
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 10:33 PM

All my best. I envy you! AND! I am sure the Mean Machine will handle the travel WAY BETTER than Christopher Titus' zillion dollar fan belt eating chevy shoe box did.
Posted By: TheBlueBeast

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 10:38 PM

Frank you going to Mopars @ the Battleship on Saturday? I plan to catch up to the tour on it's trek from Dothan to Tallahassee on that leg. I know not anywhere near your haul but still a good bit fopr TBB. He has gone to Ocala for Garlits' show in November and is going to Mobile Saturday for the Battleship. Hope to see you thetre my friend. Cause I want to say Bye in person before you go back over the Atlantic.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/26/05 11:21 PM

I am sorry Kevin, no battleship for me this year. The family council opted for the NHRA race in Bristol. We have to do that during the power tour...
Posted By: TheBlueBeast

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 04/27/05 10:25 PM

Quote:

I am sorry Kevin, no battleship for me this year. The family council opted for the NHRA race in Bristol. We have to do that during the power tour...

That is a deal Frank. You be safe going to Bristol. BTW from the looks of it I am gonna get real wet unless the Big Buy changes the weather for Saturday.
Posted By: 471Magnum

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/05/05 06:17 PM

Here's a big for you.

I just submitted my vacation request so I can hit the Springfield, Indy and Nashville stops. Assuming it gets approved, I'll pre-register and make reservations tonight.

Anybody else going? If so, where are you staying during the above stops. Pickin's are real slim in Indy, but I've got a couple of prospects.

MMW is in Indy the same weekend. I'm debating hitting Indy on Saturday and staying there Saturday night, before jumping on the tour in Springfield on Sunday.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/05/05 06:32 PM

Cool, more Moparts Members
I don't have my hotel list here right now (work computer ) but when I booked last week I had no problems at all finding rooms close to the venues. I did book everything on my own, the prices they have on the promotor's hotel list were out of reach for my wallet
See you in about 4 weeks!
Frank

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/05/05 07:28 PM

if the dart is done im going with my buddy and his 442..we planed on going to bama...then heading home..hope the dart is done so i get to meet a few moparts members and take her out for her first LONG trip
Posted By: DaveFerro

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/06/05 05:31 PM

I'll be there.

Detail freak? Who me?
see attachment

Dave Ferro
owner, Totally Auto Inc.

Attached picture 1692323-epwrtour.jpg

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! *DELETED* - 05/06/05 05:37 PM

Post deleted by DaveFerro
Posted By: Damned67

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/06/05 05:44 PM

Not sure I can make any of the tour, but it would be cool to set up some sort of Moparts gathering here in Milwaukee just prior.....

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/06/05 06:06 PM

Vacation got approved.

Booked rooms last night through Travelocity:
Best Inn - Springfield
Sleep Inn - Indianapolis
Best Western - Nashville

Website says pre-registration closed 5/1, but I went ahead and tried to register (form still worked). We'll see if I get a confirmation.

I'll probably drive over to Springfield from Monster Mopar Weekend at IRP.

I'm working on convincing some of my Mopar buddies to catch up with the tour at IRP and do the Indy to Nashville leg. At this point, it just me and the wife.

Things to do still:
Replace axle bearings (got to get rid of that howl)
Charge A/C (for the wife... okay it's for me too)
Fix cruise control (why?... because I've got it)

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/06/05 06:19 PM

Sounds good!

Here is my hotel list:

Milwaukee: Best Western Woods View Inn
Springfield: Ramada Inn, Northfield Dr.
Indianapolis: Super 8 Brownsburg
Nashville: Best Western Opryland
Talahassee: Holiday Inn Apalachee Parkway
Kissimee: Quality Inn Heritage Park

I wish I could go on the road tomorrow...
Frank

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/06/05 08:29 PM

TEAM TOTALLY AUTO AND MOPAR COLLECTORS GUIDE MAGAZINE HAVE TEAMED UP TO RUN THE 2005 HOT ROD MAGAZINE POWER TOUR!

I personally would like to invite any Mopar fan to join us on this "cross country" trip. The dates and cities are;

June 4 to June 11 POWER TOUR

Dates and Cities:

June 4 Miller Park - Milwaukee, WI
June 5 Illinois State Fairgrounds - Springfield, IL
June 6 Indianapolis Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN
June 7 Gaylord Opryland Resort - Nashville, TN
June 8 Birmingham Race Course - Birmingham, AL
June 9 North Florida Fair - Tallahassee, FL
June 10 Osceola Heritage Park - Kissimmee-St. Cloud, FL
June 11 return to Osceola Heritage Park for Long Hauler Award and Photo

Anyone who reads the magazine already knows, I'm stealing the wife's Challenger and headin' out with Rob Wolf to party. It could be quite a rowdy ride, not for the weak of heart.

Totally Auto will be posting daily photo's and impressions on a forthcoming NEW section of our website
www.totallyautoinc.com
so friends and family can follow along with the escapades.

Rob Wolf will be photographing the whole thing for an upcoming article in Mopar Collectors Guide, so you may see your car there too!

This is an informal invitation, no hassles, no money (other than what hot rod gets), no obligations, no rules (at least from us) no chebies or phords, just an open invitation to join us for some fun, some seat time and to proudly wave the Mopar flag!

If you wish to contact me regarding this, please do so through email at; totallyauto@aol.com

Thanks, Dave Ferro
owner, Totally Auto Inc.
Posted By: G_Series

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/07/05 01:47 AM

Rob and Dave: Get used to this view, cuz that's all you'll be seein' all week long Looking forward to running with you guys from Indy to FL.

Attached picture 1693146-Birdalmostcomplete013.jpg
Posted By: 472 R/T SE

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/07/05 08:15 PM

Well this has turned interesting. As of yesterday I'm unemployed...and if my car is done by then? I already talked to my wife a little.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/07/05 08:29 PM

Why does the power tour happen east of the rockies? Not fsir.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/07/05 08:32 PM

Quote:

Why does the power tour happen east of the rockies? Not fsir.

I second that. Bring it out here!
Stu
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/09/05 06:04 PM

We will be waiting in INDY on Mon. 6th. The "Mopars at Indy" show, swap, and drag race is being held on Sat. 4th and Sun. 5th, at IRP, which I plan to attend, race and announce. So I hope to just setup camp for an extra day to see the cars roll in.

Scott and Co.
Posted By: Freiburger

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/10/05 04:11 AM

Glad to see some of you guys are coming out. Now if I could only get someone interested in a Mopar for Drag Week...

DF
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/10/05 06:38 AM

If all gos well the wife and I will be making the trip in the cuda, trying to finish up the paint work and put the motor and trans back in. I have been on two other power tours and they have been a blast,Went on the 97 tour from CA to Mich, that was a long haul for me living in NY. Then on the 98 tour on the Right coast. I should be able to pull some 10 sec passes out of my hat if I make it.....hope to see you all soon........Phill
Posted By: Carsavior

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/11/05 06:26 AM

OK- I just seen this post so ignore the one I put up. I am planning on hitting the tour in Birmingham, maybe Nashville, who knows, and going to the end. I had to miss the last stop in 03, so I plan on catching the finale party this year.
Posted By: Devil

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/11/05 07:33 AM

I am so tempted to go. But my Challenger is in no condition to go, the RamCharger would probably blow up... and I'd just be embarrased in the 88 Caprice Classic Brougham... I want mopar... And I only live an hour or so south of Milwaukee and have no life...

Ryan

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/11/05 05:53 PM

MODS,

How 'bout a sticky on this?

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/11/05 08:30 PM

Count me in, we'll have the big Coker Tire truck on the tour. With any luck I'll talk the boss in to letting me take my Cuda.

471, did you ever get your TTI problems straightened out? I remember about a year or two ago you were having some issues with the pipes they sent you not fitting right.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/11/05 11:56 PM

Just got confirmation that three of my buddies will be hitting the Indy and Nashville stops. They'll be riding in my buddy's '68 Charger. Hope they can keep up with me.

MG,

Short answer, yes the situation got resolved. PM me if you want the whole story on the TTi's so as not to hi-jack this thread.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/12/05 07:46 PM

just 22 days left...
Posted By: longram60

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/13/05 12:21 AM

I just found out they're going right by my house on the Nashville to Birmingham segment (Hwy 231 south). I'll be able to layover at home.

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/13/05 12:24 AM

Have fun Frank. You deserve it.

What a fun journey this will be for you and something to always remember when you go home to Germany.
Posted By: draginmopars

Re: Just signed up for the Power Tour ! - 05/27/05 09:53 PM

Our plans WAS for 8-71/injected, thanks to crooks. We had to step to a little motor (4 now ) beside, putting a window in the last block. But,,, We can't miss this for anything else. Time to Relax, and re-group, meet some neat people

Attached picture 1740318-Copyof5-18-05010.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums