Moparts

No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway

Posted By: calmopar

No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:07 PM

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom/release010405_01.html

Really, what's the difference between being back-ordered for eternity and just dropping the whole product line?
Posted By: InViolent

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:14 PM

I hate DC
Posted By: JS29

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:18 PM

Didn't they just spend the last year talking-up their support of pre-1990 cars? Does this decision apply to the "Mopar Restoration" stuff?

I wonder why they can't make any money, they appear to have a really clear business model. (sarcasm)
Posted By: 5537SG

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:20 PM

Quote:

Really, what's the difference between being back-ordered for eternity and just dropping the whole product line?

i cant read it, just shows some mumbo jumbo
Posted By: A990

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:28 PM

This makes me

Stuttgart, Germany, April 01, 2005
On March 31, 2005, the Board of Management of Daimler-Chrysler AG announced the appointment of Trevor Creed as the Acting Head of Mopar Performance, and discussed a new business model for the Mopar Performance business unit of the Chrysler Car Group. This concept will be further developed in detail in the coming weeks and, as announced at the annual press conference on February 10, will be submitted to the Supervisory Board of DaimlerChrysler AG for a decision at the end of April.
The new business model aims to put Mopar Performance onto a financially sound basis, with the goal of breaking even in 2007.
The new product concept calls for the intensified development of performance parts and accessories for vehicles in the current new car sales matrix.
Cooperation with Daewoo Motors on the production of performance enhancements for the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger will be continued. Measures to be taken to improve profitability mean that this business unit will break even in the future.
The production and sourcing of parts and accessories for pre-1990 vehicles will be terminated at the end of 2005.
The block and crate engine projects will be discontinued.
Key component of the new business model is a restructuring program with which earnings are to be increased by some EUR 60 million in the year 2007. It will be possible to reduce fixed costs by around 30% within the next two years, while substantially improving productivity.
The new business model also includes a fundamental organizational change, starting with the appointment of Mr. Creed. Key tasks in development, sales, procurement, after sales and service will be integrated into the respective areas of Mercedes-Benz. This will allow substantial synergy effects to be realized.
At the same time, additional sales and market potential will be explored. For example, to boost unit sales, the number of SRT-4 and SRT-8 promotions in North America will be increased by about 25% using the shop-in-shop concept.
Overall, DaimlerChrysler assumes that the restructuring expenses incurred in 2005 will total up to EUR 25 billion. This figure includes exceptional write-downs on plant and equipment, including the destruction of all "legacy" Hemi engine products, the settlement of obligations to third parties, and other value adjustments. The program also includes significant workforce reductions.
The management of Mopar Performance aims to achieve these reductions in a socially acceptable manner. Talks are planned with the works council on this issue in the coming weeks.
The substantial exceptional expenses in connection with the new Mopar Performance business model will impact DaimlerChrysler’s earnings forecast for 2005. Excluding the exceptional charge from Mopar Performance, DaimlerChrysler, after a weaker first and second quarter, still expects a slightly higher operating profit for full year 2005 compared to 2004.

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:29 PM

nevermind, I tried scrolling down some, it solved my problem

Its only a matter of time before its all gone
Posted By: moparts

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:31 PM

And everyone is falling for this April Fools Joke

That one looks so real

calmopar your the man
Posted By: JS29

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:33 PM

DANG! I hate being had!

Escellent work.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/01/05 04:34 PM

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

© 1998-2005 Not DaimlerChrysler. All pranks reserved.
Provider, Legal Notices and Terms, Privacy Statement

Wow I feel stupid, you got me for sure. I even had my guard up too, but figured DC wouldnt do an april fools joke like that! Good one!
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:37 PM

Quote:

Cooperation with Daewoo for performance enhancements? LOL!!! Way to go dude, the BEST April Fool's stunt on the board yet!!!
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:39 PM

Cal, you got me!
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 04:45 PM

The scary part is that it seems totally plausable based on thier recent actions...........

Nice one Cal!
Posted By: The_Mean_Machine

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:05 PM

Man, this one got me bad - looked super legit!
Good one
Posted By: Paul

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:12 PM

you had me, until I noticed www.calmopar... in my address bar. Glad I did too, because I was in the process of dialing up Monicatti's to see what Kevin's take was on this

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/01/05 05:18 PM

Posted By: Michael

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:20 PM

Posted By: Hank

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:20 PM

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:21 PM

Quote:

You bastid!!

I'm not going to take that abuse from a one-footed cretin!
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:23 PM

Ya Got Me
Posted By: BBR

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:27 PM

Arrrrg.... I'll be makin' ya walk the plank for that one, ya scurvey dog!
Posted By: AlexP

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:29 PM

that was the most shocking april fools joke ever...GOOD WORK !!!
Posted By: InViolent

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:39 PM

I Hate CalMopar
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 05:55 PM

Quote:

good one ...
Posted By: 71blueduster

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 06:02 PM

Good joke. Once I read the part about teaming up with Daewoo to make performance parts for the 300 and Charger I was about to go trade my Mopars in. Then I saw the address bar.
Posted By: MOPAULY

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 06:03 PM

Quote:

And everyone is falling for this April Fools Joke

That one looks so real

calmopar your the man

Exactly what I thought when I saw the URL change
Posted By: MrRico

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 07:10 PM

You got to much time on your hands.

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 07:32 PM

Quote:

You got to much time on your hands.

Tell me something I don't know!
Posted By: Just Cameron

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 07:34 PM

Best. Hoax. Ever!

You totally had me up until Daewoo, then I became a Skeptic.
Posted By: CW25

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 07:39 PM

Yeesh. Damn near had me ordering parts LOL
Posted By: Roughrdr

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 07:40 PM

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 08:22 PM

dang got me hook,line & sinker, i was just trying to visualize what i would like drive a bow tie, that was a good one
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 08:28 PM

I guess that's better than it's snowing in Vegas!!

Too funny

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 08:33 PM

Very very good, up until the Daewoo part then I knew it was a joke. Daewoos over here have just all been re badged as Chevy's and that is true! look it up,

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/01/05 10:06 PM

Poor quality. It doesn't suprise me. I have a real case of point too. I just realized my almost brand new distributer from MP was shot. It was literally brand new I put it in late summer last year and could turn it by hand after IO took it out. It was the reason for surging and misfiring!

Mike
Posted By: sogtx

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 12:20 AM

All Pranks reserved , That looked almost real

Good One, April Fools !!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 01:08 AM

after I quit sobbing and crying, I realized I'd been had,
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 02:33 AM

Quote:

The scary part is that it seems totally plausable based on thier recent actions...........

Nice one Cal!

Exactly!! I've been had twice today..must be getting soft.
Posted By: Wile1coyote

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 03:06 AM

You Da Man Cal, although it took a sticky to get me to open the post so the mods helped.

Posted By: MikeyT

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 05:07 AM

Ahh shoot! Egg on my face! Nice one!

Mike
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 09:42 AM

More plausiable than you think. MP is having a special meeting in Las Vegas THIS weekend.

Dude, I think you could/did scare a lot of MP part guys. Too many coincidences.
Posted By: 65Dart270

Re: No surprise here... Not that I dealt with MP much anyway - 04/02/05 12:37 PM

That was, without a doubt, the single funniest April Fool's Day hoax I have ever had the pleasure to read. I had the benefit of reading it knowing that it was a hoax, and it was STILL funny. Congratulations.
© 2024 Moparts Forums