Moparts

Rest in peace MikeyT

Posted By: SpareParts

Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 01:22 PM

I hate the news I got last night. My friend Mikey Lee (MikeyT here on moparts) is gone. He was one of the kindest souls you'd ever find. When he asked how you were doing and wished you well he really meant it. The world has too few people like him and it saddens me to know there's one less today.
He leaves behind a wonderful family he was extremely proud of. So do me and Mike a favor and tell your family you love them. You never know when you won't be able to.
It was truly a pleasure to know you Mikey and I'm glad we talked yesterday, it kills me to know we can't today. Race in peace buddy! You are missed!
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 01:28 PM

Really sorry to hear this! RIP and my condolences to you and his family. Terrible.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 01:30 PM

frown frown frown
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 01:43 PM

Oh no! The fella from Madison?
Posted By: 1969 HEMI R-T

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 01:49 PM

Very sorry to here this. rest in piece!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 03:17 PM

RIP frown
wave
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 03:19 PM

Sorry to hear. RIP piece Mikey.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 03:58 PM

Godspeed Mikey. frowwn
Posted By: moparx

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 04:05 PM

so sorry to hear. R.I.P. Mikey...........
angel

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Oh no! The fella from Madison?

Yes, he passed away in a car accident last night. It's been very tough on those of us lucky enough to know him offline as well as online
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 04:17 PM

Wow! That's too bad. He seemed like a good guy. May he RIP and my thoughts go out to his friends and family. angel
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 04:22 PM

Sorry to hear this, Gods speed Mikey. I'll keep his family in my prayers.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 04:30 PM

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and Prayers for the family.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/18/20 05:22 PM

RIP, prayers for the family.
Doug
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 02:58 AM

RIP

Another Mopar guy in heaven
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 07:29 AM

Very sorry to hear this. He did seem to be a very caring individual. Prayers to his friends and family.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 01:22 PM

Sad to hear this - I have enjoyed his posts here frown
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 02:10 PM

Dang it! Prayers to his family and friends. frowwn angel
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 02:57 PM

angel
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 03:20 PM

angel RIP Mikey
Posted By: 360view

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 04:13 PM

Very sad.

RIP
Posted By: hooziewhatsit

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 04:27 PM

frown He sounded like one of the good ones
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 06:49 PM

Horrible news. Mikey was always great to chat and deal with. Good guy for sure. RIP Mikey.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 07:13 PM

angel sorry to hear this angel
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 10:17 PM

RIP. down
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 10:43 PM

That is horrible news. He really was one of the nicest guys you could meet. That is a pretty straight stretch of highway it must have been a freak accident. My heart goes out to his family.
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/19/20 11:30 PM

Rest in peace, Mikey.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/20/20 12:48 AM

RIP Mikey, you will be missed... angel
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/20/20 01:18 AM

Very sorry to hear this. Our deepest condolences to his family. RIP

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/20/20 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
That is horrible news. He really was one of the nicest guys you could meet. That is a pretty straight stretch of highway it must have been a freak accident. My heart goes out to his family.

I don't know all the details but I believe it's part of the current construction and the traffic pattern changes frequently. Absolutely sad, The man literally committed his life to helping others, he was a social worker by day and would always check in on his friends after work and always wanted to make sure we were doing as good as we could. He really was a pleasure to know.

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/20/20 04:13 AM

I know people have mixed feelings on these, this was not set up by the family but a friend of the family. if you can find it in your heart to donate something I can guarantee you every little bit is appreciated. as you can see he left behind some very young children and I'm sure they're having a very hard time dealing with this.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tarp-fatal-car-accident-fund?utm_source=facebook
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/20/20 07:56 PM

RIP, MikeyT. angel

Shock to come on and read this. frown Bought a converter from him some years back. Really nice guy to deal with.

Tim
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/20/20 11:24 PM

Wow .... we had fun bantering back and forth about the CH4B .... then THIS ?

We just don’t know how long we have !

RIP MT .... the best to his fam ...
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/21/20 02:31 PM

RIP
Posted By: srt

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/23/20 01:10 AM

I did not know Mike, but 9 days ago he contacted me out of the blue via pm about a post I made.we corresponded a couple times and I wondered why my last message to him saturdy motning went un answered.
I can tell just by our brief interaction he was full of life and looking to build a great future.
Very sad feel a little tight in the gut...
I'll share a message Mike sent me it shows his devotion to his life, family and others:

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. I agree the Covid stuff is really scary. My wife works as an XXXXXX. We worry about it every day. We have 2 young children at home and worry about school in the fall. My hope is we will get thru this and develop a more caring approach has a country!

Be well my friend!

Mike

Rest well my friend -srt

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/26/20 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by srt
I did not know Mike, but 9 days ago he contacted me out of the blue via pm about a post I made.we corresponded a couple times and I wondered why my last message to him saturdy motning went un answered.
I can tell just by our brief interaction he was full of life and looking to build a great future.
Very sad feel a little tight in the gut...
I'll share a message Mike sent me it shows his devotion to his life, family and others:

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. I agree the Covid stuff is really scary. My wife works as an XXXXXX. We worry about it every day. We have 2 young children at home and worry about school in the fall. My hope is we will get thru this and develop a more caring approach has a country!

Be well my friend!

Mike

Rest well my friend -srt

Thank you for sharing that!! That's Mike to a T, "Be well my friend" he truly was a caring man.

Re: Rest in peace MikeyT - 07/27/20 02:05 AM

So apparently Mikey was helping someone else who was in an accident and had stopped to help. What we're told is:

Mike was stopped when a 3/4 diesel driven by a 20 year old never hit the brakes. He had some head trauma but death was caused be a transected aorta. Basically he was hit so hard it ripped the aorta from his heart. Ripped the axle off the car and flipped the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums