Moparts

Dave Walden has passed.

Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 12:31 AM

Just saw on FB that Dave Walden lost his battle with cancer.
Posted By: A12

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 12:44 AM

Sorry to hear that, he was quite a character. Had some pretty "spirited" conversations over the years as I'm sure many on the net have. Godspeed Dave angel

MikeR
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 12:50 AM

His restoration skills were unequalled. Cancer......what form? He was a health nut / body builder.
RIP Dave.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:02 AM

Happens to the best, no one is exempt.

I had not heard he was ill, maybe why he sold off some cars in the past couple years? Or longer I just recall seeing him and his wife on a auction program.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:05 AM

Dave will surely be missed!! He was always a great guy to me and his skill was unmatched by others. RIP my friend!!
Ron
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:20 AM

I hate to hear that. Dave was an absolutely brilliant guy, and the epitome of a perfectionist! He and I had an hours long PM conversation on here one night about 69 Trans Ams. He liked those cars too. I knew he was sick, and put off calling ECS to ask him a question that I would have only trusted him to answer. Guess I waited to long. frown R.I.P. Dave
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:21 AM

Didn't he have a temper tantrum here several times?
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:32 AM

The 'Hobby' has lost a great member .......... angel

God's Speed Dave ! thumbs
Posted By: 70Challengerse

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:35 AM

angel cancer sucks !!!!
Posted By: bremotorsports

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:55 AM

One of the most unique, driven, and highly successful individuals I have ever met, bar none. Along the way beginning many years ago, I was happy to have supplied some of the samples for tags and labels that he reproduced to the utmost accuracy, and as many of you know, there was no way that a phone conversation with him about the most minute detail of a part or restoration process would end in UNDER an hour or more!

Deepest condolences to Cindy and children.

Bill Rolik
Posted By: A12

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Diego (not Ted)

More like a passion for knowing he was right and he was right lots and lots of times even though some (including me) would never admit it to Dave. Still have saved many pm's from discussions "offline" that we had and man he was a good fighter and debater. Truly going to miss him. If he didn't like you or didn't like what you posted then he let you know probably what I most respected about Dave. up And man could he push your buttons, you had to know when to seek another thread or topic and just move on. Sorry to see Dave move on to that higher forum, he was someone in this hobby that raised the bar for everyone. up

MikeR
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 02:13 AM

Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

And yes. Cancer sucks.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Diego (not Ted)

GUys like him are hot blooded but they did more for the hobby that SOME people ever did.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 03:14 AM

RIP Dave. Great for the hobby and one of the most meticulous restoration experts I’ve ever met. We became friends after meeting at the Nats during the presentation and discussion of his incredible Challenger. The MoPar and classic car world lost a great enthusiast.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
His restoration skills were unequalled. Cancer......what form? He was a health nut / body builder.
RIP Dave.

Dave was diagnosed with brain cancer, I knew he was sick for some time, hopefully he made the best of his time he had left after his diagnosis?... he could be quite the card at times, and I admired his "style", he surely was a wealth of knowledge, energy and talent that will be missed
Posted By: topside

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 05:38 AM

Big loss. He really elevated the art of restoration.
His restoration work was laborious, well researched, and exquisite.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 01:16 PM

I posted this not knowing Eric treed me.RIP Dave,I enjoyed our time together.

Prayers to all he left behind !
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear, didn't know he had cancer. RIP Mr. Walden... angel
Posted By: WORKER_BEE

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 02:52 PM

I had a lot of respect for that guy.....RIP Dave angel
Posted By: theraif

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 02:56 PM

angel
Posted By: moparx

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 03:01 PM

that's too bad. he was a leader in the restoration field, and i'm not sure anyone can fill his shoes.
R.I.P. mr. Walden.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 04:04 PM

Differences aside, love him or hate him, he was a true pioneer in the hobby.
RIP Dave
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 04:51 PM

The car hobby has lost another great. His detail was second to none which inspires me to try and do better than I thought with each part I do on this car. RIP Dave. You were a true asset to the hobby.
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 10:16 PM

RIP Dave angel
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/06/19 10:39 PM

RIP Dave Walden. angel

Dave had his issues/demons, but he definitely was one of the people who majorly contributed to the car hobby.

Not everyone may know that it was actually Dave Walden's wife that had told Steven Juliano that he needed to see a doctor because she knew something was physically wrong with Steven when he was visiting them.
That was when he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/08/19 11:35 AM

RIP Dave.
He did a lot for the hobby and will be missed

Carsten
Posted By: silent-H-wheel

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/08/19 07:21 PM

It's been said but I'll repeat. He was a true purist. A perfectionist and history preservationist.
Dave and I had a lively debate when I requested some actual date seat belt tags for my A12 Bee I was restoring when ECS's standard date tag offerings didn't match my car. But he relented when I explained I was only trying to put the car back together exactly as the factory made it. I think that finally convinced him, and he respected that. That, and his convincing me to buy three sets of them to make it worth his while. So he was a purist and a good businessman. Godspeed Dave. You will be missed. RIP.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/08/19 08:53 PM

He was always very nice to me when I chatted with him. My sister just died of brain cancer back in December. It's a brutal, horrible way to go. My sympathies to his family.
Posted By: ct440rod

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/10/19 04:10 PM

God Speed Dave
Posted By: Airgrabber

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/10/19 05:11 PM

Sad to hear this. I did a lot of business with him over the years. Extremely knowledgeable about the smaller details.
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/10/19 06:16 PM

RIP Dave. Thank you for giving something back to this insane hobby. You upped the bar big time with the detail items you made available for all of our restos.
On a humorous note, I remember when the late but great SJ was talking about a riff he and DW had over some finer car details. (The riff might have been about an assembly line battery cable, not 100% on that). Apparently DW got so incensed that he requested that SJ and him have an MMA cage match type fight. Naturally SJ laughed it off but as smooth as he was he knew DW's hands were licensed. LOL..

Rest easy to both. They are missed.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/10/19 06:26 PM

RIP angel He was only 58.
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Dave Walden has passed. - 07/12/19 06:15 PM

Best memory was when he was doing the valiant. i asked if the masking tape he was using that I think held the build sheet on the glove box liner was NOS. His reply was yes it was. Nasty Old Sh!t, Hobby gained alot of knowledge from his perfectionist. RIP
© 2024 Moparts Forums