Moparts

RIP Steve Juliano

Posted By: ThermoQuad

RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 12:01 PM

Steve Juliano has passed away

It is posted on the internet
THREAD

It needs to be posted here so we can pay our respects here.

HE DESERVES THIS!

Please do not delete this thread
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 12:58 PM

HIS FAMILY REQUESTED THIS NOT BE POSTED. THAT IS WHY THE OTHER GHREAS WAS DELETED.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 01:36 PM

Steve was a great guy & will be missed.

My condolences to the family, but his death has been mentioned all over the internet, so why not here as well?
Posted By: moparx

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 02:36 PM

the history of our brand preference has truly lost a treasure. R.I.P. Mr. Juliano ......... you will be greatly missed !
angel
Posted By: wingman

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA
My condolences to the family, but his death has been mentioned all over the internet, so why not here as well?

If his family requested privacy, do you really need another reason?

If they requested it be taken down, in their time of sorrow most courteous people would simply respect their wishes.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 03:51 PM

1 Person that knew better blabbed it on fb yesterday morning and since then it was impossible to put the cat back in the bag, so at this point it doesnt make a difference. the family had wanted some time before having to deal with the masses in regards to Steve's passing
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 11:00 PM

RIP Steve angel
Posted By: RJS

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 11:02 PM

RIP Steve you will be missed.

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/27/18 11:08 PM

I wish the family the best of course.

Thousands of people knew Steven, a lot of us in person.

His passion extended to makes other than Mopar, so many in the world know who he is regardless of our own personal car passion tastes.

He was a great collector, historian & preservationist.

He is & will be well remembered by thousands.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA
I wish the family the best of course.

Thousands of people knew Steven, a lot of us in person.

His passion extended to makes other than Mopar, so many in the world know who he is regardless of our own personal car passion tastes.

He was a great collector, historian & preservationist.

He is & will be well remembered by thousands.

Well said. up

I first met Steven back in about 1988 when he bought a 70 FC7 Hemicuda (that I had just painted) from a friend of mine.

At that point he had just taken an Unrestored Survivor 427 A/C Cobra in on a trade for his GT/40.

He had some awesome cars back then even before he had collected the Rapid Transit Showcars.

He was a great guy, he'll be missed. angel
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 06:38 AM

I often wonder what guys like Steve did for a living to be able to afford to do all that he did, buy all the stuff he had.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 06:50 AM

I read he had owned a couple of night clubs at one time but I don`t know if that was his main source of income.
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 09:16 AM

Wow... sad to hear this.
R.I.P. Steve angel

Wish I would have gotten to meet him face to face in person. (Other than on here)
I remember the threads on here from way back in the day, about guys visiting his collection. And him popping on here from time to time. I always wanted to go someday, (back b4 the health issues popped up) but never got a chance. By the time I had the freedom to take a trip, he was already sick. I always wanted to see the Diamate in person, ever since I was a kid and it was on the show circuit as the Yellow Jacket. But it had already left his collection by the time I made inquiries.

He sure had an amazing of a collection of unique cars and memorabilia. Even more amazing was his apparent willingness to share it with others, as opposed to tucking it all away in a vault.

Having recently fought the cancer battle myself & lost many friends & family to it... they can't find the cure fast enough.
Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 10:51 AM

We are part of Steve's family

Steve Juliano changed the world of mopar muscle cars forever. He did what we dreamed of as kids – he collected the real show cars from the Rapid Transit System. He understood car culture as he knew where to look for the forgotten icons of an era that will never be repeated. The cars were found within a 200 mile radius of Detroit where they were born then auctioned off when their life was over as show cars. [If i recall properly the missing car from the RTS show was located but not for sale.] He also shared them with us in many ways unlike others.

I was blessed to be introduced to him by Cliff Gromer Editor of Mopar Action Magazine the first time the Rapid Transit Cars appeared at Carlisle. Thank you Cliff!! Steve was the most gracious host and I was able to study the cars up close and sit in them. Yeeehaa! He told me in our first conversation that he was very fortunate to have the means to buy these cars and that he was only the caretaker. The stories he shared with me about finding the cars are very interesting. When he had his first memorabilia unveiling in LA I was invited to attend and I will never forget that chance to see holy grail of mopar.

God speed Steve
angel
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By mopars4ever
I read he had owned a couple of night clubs at one time but I don`t know if that was his main source of income.

Yes that is true.

One of the things i loved about Steve were the stories of his life. He could entertain you with tales of his adventures for hours on end. Man he was a cool guy and really knew how to throw a party too. beer

Although i was no where in his league he treated me with great respect from the first time i met him. He even flew all the way up here to attend one of our car shows to help support it!

Yep, Steve was a real class act and i along with so many will miss him a lot!

Stu
Posted By: BloFish

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/28/18 06:14 PM

Quite the life angel
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/29/18 05:14 AM

It's usually the good guys who go first. Bit of a solemn reminder that you may have it all, but without your health - you've got nothing.

Never met Mr. J, but was always happy to read about him and his conquests in all the Mopar rags. Those pages are going to be a little empty without him.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/29/18 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By RamblerMan
It's usually the good guys who go first. Bit of a solemn reminder that you may have it all, but without your health - you've got nothing.

And that you can't take it with you when you go. That means different things to different people, but it's so true.

RIP SJ.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/29/18 06:05 PM

I had the honor of twice getting to see Steve's collection in SoCal.

He was the greatest host. He did not care what your station in life was. He treated everyone with respect and shared endless amount of information on the items he obtained. He worked very hard to obtain those items and the stories were fascinating.

Our hobby has lost a true hero.

God speed Steve.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/29/18 10:36 PM

Never got to meet Steven either, but have read about him and followed his story for many years. What a great guy to collect all that he collected,
and not hide it away, but share it all with fellow enthusiast's. up
My condolences to his family and close friends... R.I.P. Steven angel

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/29/18 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By Morty426
I had the honor of twice getting to see Steve's collection in SoCal.

He was the greatest host. He did not care what your station in life was. He treated everyone with respect and shared endless amount of information on the items he obtained. He worked very hard to obtain those items and the stories were fascinating.

Our hobby has lost a true hero.

God speed Steve.

Well said!!! up
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/30/18 06:33 AM

Right before Christmas last year, Steven was gracious enough to spend one of his last sunsets with me. It was truly a Stonehenge moment as the two of us drank beer on his balcony, before going out to eat. We watched the sun set precisely at the end of the pier.

I say "Stonehenge moment", because it was the Winter Solstice.

We all knew this day was coming, but it still saddens me greatly that I will no longer hear any new stories. I will cherish the memories of the old ones, though.

Godspeed, Steven

Attached picture sj_20171221.jpg
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/30/18 08:40 AM

I wish that I had the honor of meeting him.

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 09/30/18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By 68HemiB

We all knew this day was coming, but it still saddens me greatly that I will no longer hear any new stories. I will cherish the memories of the old ones, though.

Godspeed, Steven

That time we all met up for lunch is one i will never forget!! up
Posted By: feets

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/01/18 09:54 PM

Steve was one of those people who really did make a difference.

Originally Posted By TONY_DAGOSTINO
1 Person that knew better blabbed it on fb yesterday morning and since then it was impossible to put the cat back in the bag, so at this point it doesnt make a difference. the family had wanted some time before having to deal with the masses in regards to Steve's passing

Can you imagine the onslaught of poachers trying to get their hands on his stuff?

I really do feel for his family, not just for their loss but also for the challenges they face dealing with his estate.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/01/18 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By feets
Steve was one of those people who really did make a difference.

Originally Posted By TONY_DAGOSTINO

Can you imagine the onslaught of poachers trying to get their hands on his stuff?

I really do feel for his family, not just for their loss but also for the challenges they face dealing with his estate.

I am guessing that given Steve's means, passion, organization, and knowledge that his end was near, he has taken care of what will happen with his automotive legacy.

Museum? Liquidation? Who knows? I don't, but I bet the family does.

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/01/18 10:26 PM

Last he told me he said he was going to have someone trusted take care of the shop for many years to come so i dont think anyone will remove anything. up
Posted By: feets

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/01/18 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By MidPenMopar
Last he told me he said he was going to have someone trusted take care of the shop for many years to come so i dont think anyone will remove anything. up

That doesn't mean they won't try.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/01/18 11:55 PM

Wow, I know the name and his collection, of course, but it's really impressive to hear what kind of person he was.
A sad time for sure. Wishing peace to his family.
- Art
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/03/18 02:18 AM

Oddly enough I was just thinking of him a few weeks ago and wondered how he was. I don't get here as much as I used to to but I've not seen him post anything in quite some time .

Never met him in person ( at least I don't think so )

But I know enough about him to value his opinion in extreme high regards.

The Mopar world has lost a HUGE asset to the hobby.

My he rest in peace and My deepest condolences to his family left behind

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/03/18 04:01 AM

Steven loved these cars.

He was a one of the very few so far whose cars had VIN records waiting for him.

In both cases, the records came to me from different sources & one VIN I 'googled' & the other I just knew he owned, he was with it it when I met him for the first time.

Very few people have claimed multiple records that have been sent in from all the various sources, Steven claimed two.

CIP Steven, Collect in Peace. angel
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/05/18 02:39 PM

very sad indeed, RIP
Matt
Posted By: 69x

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/06/18 04:48 PM

Never met the Man, wish I did, Sounds like a first class person.

RIP Sir
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/07/18 05:32 PM

Steven was an outstanding man and a rare human being. I made friends with him here years ago, shortly after he had opened his museum. I loved our conversations. He talked to me like we’d been friends our entire lives. I never made it to San Clemente to shake his hand and this I will always regret. Steven was a graceful guy. He took ugly criticism from jealous guys and advances by cozy opportunists in the hobby with dignity and kept giving back. He was generous. Every person I’ve met who sold Steven memorabilia reported receiving a price that was more than fair with zero dickering. His many contributions documented or featured in Mopar Action Magazine and the preservation of his 1 of 1 cars are an amazing legacy. His “Lunch Pail” restorations are a benchmark that may never again be matched.

For all the unique things in the Juliano collection, Steven himself was the real treasure.

Rest In Peace, Steven. You will be missed.
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/09/18 01:18 AM

Signs and Automobila are selling very strong right now. It wouldn't be the worst idea to maybe sell off a few pieces. Coming from his collection, I assume pieces would deliver a premium. I imagine Barrett Jackson and Mecum were in contact prior. I have no clue what the financial situation is of the family. I've only seen a few pictures and the stuff is amazing, a life time of collecting. I just hope his wishes were made clear to his family and whatever that is, is honored.
Posted By: cudaboy340

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/10/18 08:13 PM

I got word of Steve's passing as I was sitting in the Orlando airport on my way home from a great week in Disney with my family. I knew it was coming but still couldn't believe what I was reading. I was devastated and still am. It was one of my greatest wishes that Steve would make it to Carlisle one more time - I wanted to see him again and I really wanted him to be on hand for his induction into the Mopar Hall of Fame. He simply wasn't well enough frown

My brother and I were very fortunate to get a private tour of Steve's collection shortly before he got sick. It was a day I'll never forget! He was an incredible host and turned us loose for HOURS to do whatever we wanted. After drooling over the collection (he has WAY MORE than just the cars - he has more memorabilia than I've ever seen) he bought us lunch and then we hung out at his house on the hill of San Clemente overlooking the Pacific. I would've PAID to see that collection and I was planning to buy HIS lunch but he wouldn't hear of it.

There are lots of great stories about Steve but here's one of my favorites... At Carlisle about 5 years ago, Steve was looking at a Gremlin Survivor in the Car Corral. Yes, an AMC Gremlin. He said he kept looking at the car but wasn't sure about pulling the trigger and paying $10K for a Gremlin. He told me, "I've bought suits that cost more than this car"...and so he bought it. Steve had more money than most of us but he was never obnoxious about it. He was fortunate and he knew it. As someone else noted, he treated everyone with respect.

I still can't believe he's gone. It's going to be very bittersweet to see the RTS cars at MCACN this year. I know I'm going to get emotional seeing the cars without Steve there. But, as others have said, Steve always said that he was just the caretaker. How true...

Ed

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/10/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By cudaboy340
he has more memorabilia than I've ever seen) he bought us lunch and then we hung out at his house on the hill of San Clemente overlooking the Pacific. I would've PAID to see that collection and I was planning to buy HIS lunch but he wouldn't hear of it.

Yes, a lot of people don't know one of his main passions was for Ford especially the Shelbys.

He did the same thing for us, we all took him out to lunch and he paid for all of us. i just still can't get over his passing.
Stu

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/10/18 10:57 PM

[/quote]

Yes, a lot of people don't know one of his main passions was for Ford especially the Shelbys.

He did the same thing for us, we all took him out to lunch and he paid for all of us. i just still can't get over his passing.
Stu [/quote]

When we were there, Steve had just taken possession of one of Shelby's original haulers. Steve told us to get on the back of it to take pics and video because it gave a totally different perspective. This was an ORIGINAL Shelby hauler!!! The ramp had been replaced with a flatbed, but still...

Steve was very generous in my opinion. In ways that a lot of people probably never knew.

Ed
Posted By: VCODE

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/11/18 05:56 PM

Steven was a Great person. I lived near him in NY. I had visited him at his house a few times and even when he was not feeling 100% he would always talk cars, wow some of the stories he told. He showed me the cars and parts he had in NY. He was so generous each time I was there he gave me a little gift for my car. Steven you will be missed, never forgotten.
RIP
Your Friend Bob
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/14/18 02:10 PM

He will be missed by many. He was pretty friendly online and seem to know a decent amount of info on some cool things. Rest in peace Steven.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/15/18 04:14 AM

OK, I just crawled out from under my rock, I have heard that name, but can't connect it to/with/about. Was he the guy who had a bunch of Chargers?

Can someone fill me in w/o being sarcastic.
Thanks

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/17/18 06:54 PM

Steve collected the Plymouth Rapid Transit cars and TONS of Mopar memorabilia.

Ed

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/19/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By cudaboy340
Steve collected the Plymouth Rapid Transit cars and TONS of Mopar memorabilia.

1/4

Gifting a jacket from his collection to my son.

Attached picture juliano 105.jpg

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/19/18 06:16 PM

2/4

Another visit. My son (15 y/o at the time) sitting in the Diamante.

Attached picture juliano 274.jpg

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/19/18 06:17 PM

3/4

With Stu.

Attached picture juliano 085.jpg

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/19/18 06:19 PM

4/4

In 2010.

Attached picture juliano 086.jpg

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/19/18 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By 68HemiB
3/4

With Stu.

One of the best days of my life!!

Stu
Posted By: moparx

Re: RIP Steve Juliano - 10/20/18 03:05 PM

you guys are SO lucky to have met an icon of the hobby ! he will be truly be missed.
angel
© 2024 Moparts Forums