Moparts

We lost another one

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

We lost another one - 11/13/16 03:09 AM

I just heard that Ben Snobar passed away yesterday.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 03:13 AM

Dang.

His brother lived in my hometown & I bought 340 manifolds from Ben in the pre-internet days to replace the headers that were on my T/A, so that was 30 years ago.

Condolences to his family & friends.

Posted By: amxautox

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 03:13 AM

angel

I've done business with his company.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
I just heard that Ben Snobar passed away yesterday.

Thanks Scott. I've known Ben for 20 years. Never an issue, always positive transactions. Visiting his Battle Ground Washington residence was always interesting. Lost a lot of weight in the last 10 years or so.
RIP Ben, thank you for your contribution to Mopar.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 04:04 AM

Tell us more about the man. I don't recall hearing the name before.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 04:06 AM

Sad to hear that...I've always liked Ben...A real asset to the hobby in the recent past and the story of his evolution through the mopar community was one to be heard... angel RIP Ben
Posted By: amxautox

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By Frankenduster
He's been a sponsor here for awhile.

web site;

http://www.shakerhood.com/

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By Frankenduster

Longtime seller of Mopar parts in the Seattle area. Asked top dollar (or close to it)
But it was his business and I always considered him up front. Manufactured a repro shaker set up.

For years I thought he was of Native Amercan heritage...I was wrong....Eastern Indian.

Good guy, RIP
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 05:32 AM

Sad news, we are losing way too many good people nowadays, RIP Mr. Snobar... angel
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 05:49 AM

Wow! I bought a few parts from him a few years back. He had some AWESOME cars in his garage. He was well known for having excellent quality parts and asking top dollar.

RIP Mr Snobar
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 07:58 AM

Sad, so sorry to hear
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 08:33 AM

Sad news.

I first met Ben in the early 90's, he was selling Gene Gregory's Shaker hood stuff. I met him through Gene.

I had just started reproducing the aluminum 4 speed shifter brackets and was wholesaling them to Ben (among others).

RIP Ben. angel
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 02:08 PM

sad to haer RIP

Carsten
Posted By: 3twos

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 04:50 PM

Sad news to hear. RIP
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 05:52 PM

I couldn't find the obituary does anyone have a link

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 06:41 PM

Probably early for an obit. Probably something tomorrow

http://www.thereflector.com/

Ya know, Nowadays I always say you know when we are getting older when we check out the obituary.
Posted By: tallzag

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 08:45 PM

He lives in Tumwater, Washington, near Olympia. Sad to see another one go. This hobby is aging fast.

Re: We lost another one - 11/13/16 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By tallzag
He lives in Tumwater, Washington, near Olympia. Sad to see another one go. This hobby is aging fast.

Has he lived at the same place all this time?
Posted By: tallzag

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 02:02 AM

As long as I've known him which is about 10 years. Probably a lot longer. Know he was in Bellingham in the 80's.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 03:00 AM

I met him June 1984, he was deeply rooted in the Mopar hobby then. Got to know him and was good to see around. He started making some needed repo parts. He didn't sell for top dollar, he set the top dollar.
Posted By: new bee

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 04:22 AM

I met Ben back in the mid '80s when he was selling a '70 Super Bee V-code body in really nice shape. We travelled down from Seattle (I believe at the time he was in Centralia, south of Tumwater). His collection of parts was really amazing. We came home empty handed that day, but the trip was worth it. He was a regular at the Portland swap meet, and he was definitely losing weight over the years. Sad to hear of his death.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 04:41 AM

Godspeed Ben angel
Posted By: Morty426

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 10:06 AM

Sad to hear.
Posted By: rick@laysons

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 06:54 PM

Condolences to his family and friends....May he RIP
Posted By: mccannix

Re: We lost another one - 11/14/16 08:57 PM

RIP Big Ben angel
Posted By: JEJJ

Re: We lost another one - 11/15/16 07:43 PM

Very sad, he brought a lot to the hobby....RIP Ben angel
Posted By: mopargem

Re: We lost another one - 11/16/16 01:57 AM

That's too bad angel I hope someone will fill his shoes with the reproduction items like lift off hood baseplates. The tooling needs to be saved if it was in his possession.
Posted By: REH

Ben Snobar of ShakerHood.com Passed Away on 11/11/16 - 11/16/16 05:46 AM

Ben owned Northwest Performance, Shakerhood.com. Ben was a friend mine when I first moved to Seattle in 2000. We had a few disagreements, but things were always worked out. I would take my daughter with me when I went to pick up parts. She was 2, 3 and 4 years old back then and Ben did not mind that she always grabbed parts or model cars. He liked kids and through the years would often ask how she was doing. Ben has been an assistant wrestling coach at Olympia High School and/or youth wrestling clubs since I have known him. His Funeral is 11/21/16 at Mills & Mills Funeral Home, 5725 Littlerock Road SW, Tumwater, Washington 98512. RIP Ben Snobar.
This is the link to the funeral home.
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity...amp;mid=7168884

Robert Hoover
Hoover Auto Parts
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Ben Snobar of ShakerHood.com Passed Away on 11/11/16 - 11/16/16 05:49 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2195433

You'd probably be better off posting this info there perhaps. angel
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Ben Snobar of ShakerHood.com Passed Away on 11/11/16 - 11/16/16 06:57 AM

I talked to him several times n the phone years back, never met or had any business dealings with him. Go with god, muchacho angel
Posted By: Cuda Cody

Re: We lost another one - 11/16/16 07:47 AM

Last time I saw him was this summer. Never easy to hear that someone has passed and especially someone that loved and shared our passion for Mopars. He was good for the hobby. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: We lost another one - 11/17/16 03:15 AM

I just bought a shaker base plate from him a couple months ago. He loved to talk. LOL. He didn't seem ill then. He really knew the Mopars and loved sharing the information about them. Sorry to hear this news.
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: We lost another one - 11/17/16 07:24 PM

The last time I saw Ben was at the Sunbust Sunday show in Graham in August. He was definitely thinner than I remember him, but still just as lively and irreverent. He gave me $10.00 to put him on the mailing list for the Mopars Unlimited - Tacoma Chapter newsletter, just to cover the postage he was too busy to be a member. He gave me his new home address and I can post it if anyone wants to send cards to the family.
Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

Re: We lost another one - 11/17/16 08:56 PM

RIP Ben

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/benjamin-snobar-obituary?pid=1000000182547093
Posted By: 1964hemi

Re: We lost another one - 11/17/16 11:52 PM

Wanted to let people know that Ben Snowbar passed away last Friday he will sadly be missed a great guy and a huge Mopar nut who loved this hobby immensely.Our condolences to the Snowbar family.We will not forget his amazing personality! God Bless you Ben
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: We lost another one - 11/18/16 02:30 PM

Nice guys, only met him at west coast shows and did a lot of chatting a few times. haven't seen him in years, but it was still sad to hear of his passing. he will be missed by many and remembered from what he offered to our automotive community.

Re: We lost another one - 11/18/16 06:05 PM

I remember visiting his place in the 90's and he had a J5 (sublime) AAR for sale. the engine was sitting IN THE INTERIOR of the car. I don't think I've ever seen that before or since.
Wanted $5K for it. Wonder what happened to that car.

He had a red Viper that he would drive. It needed a serious detailing. Gotta admire a guy who drives a viper and doesn't garage-queen it.

He also had a 64/65 HEMI Savoy, Red. Apparently an original factory car. (!!!)
Posted By: A12

Re: We lost another one - 11/19/16 11:14 AM

Sorry and sad to hear this about Ben he was a good guy IMO, spoke with him several times and always willing to help you out and very cordially. He'll be misted in the hobby for sure. Godspeed Ben.

MikeR
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: We lost another one - 11/20/16 01:38 AM

Very sorry to hear this. Great contributor to the hobby. RIP.

Re: We lost another one - 11/21/16 12:43 AM

For those interested he will be laid to rest tomorrow.
© 2024 Moparts Forums