Moparts

Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you...

Posted By: BBR

Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 12:24 PM

She PM'd me last night and asked if I would help her get this on the board..

Quote:

1. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and to those who made it to the funeral.

2. Thanks for being part of Gary's life

3. Gary has filled my heart with so much pride that it leaves little room for sorrow. I felt that I had to be strong for him because he wanted to make people happy not sad and because I didn't want my Dad (Gary Sr.) to worry about me.

4. I chewed Gary a new --- when he came down to visit me and got on my computer to check your board and talk to you all because I thought his priorities we're wrong but if I knew he was doing all this good for you guys, I would have gladly sacrificed the time. and finally

5. Hats off to his wife Nicki for taking good care of him and letting him play with his toys and most of all Hats off to my Dad for raising him as a single father who had no higher priority than his kids. Keep on playing with your Mopars!

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 12:56 PM

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Apparently, kindness and thoughtfulness runs all through that Davis family. They will continue to remain in my prayers.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with yo - 05/20/04 01:47 PM

That was a very nice and touching note she passed on to you..... It's nice to see that family notices and fosters the personal passion of people for which brings joy.......

Troy
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 02:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Apparently, kindness and thoughtfulness runs all through that Davis family. They will continue to remain in my prayers.

Well said, Thank you for letting us share some of Garys time and knowlege. Ron..

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 02:35 PM

Thanks for sharing with us...very fitting that Gary had a caring/loving family....
Posted By: FY1CUDA

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 02:37 PM

Kim,
Thanks so much for sharing some of your feelings and emotions.
It is obvious that your Father did a fantastic job of raising You and Gary!
As you can see from this board, Gary was special to a lot of us! Regardless of whether we actually met Gary or not!
I consider my self blessed as I have been fortunate to be able to spend some time with your brother.
I considered those times special then and SADLY, even more so now. Gary was that special to me! I will never forget Gary and I look forward to seeing him again when my time is done here on earth. Until then, the vivid memory of his ear to ear grin and conversations we had will have to do.
If there is anything I can do for You, Nicole or your Father, (I live in FL), Please let me know.
Thanks again for sharing,
Chuck West
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 02:51 PM

Kim,

As mentioned "Thank You" for the kind post and it's nice to know that we can return the favor and help you feel better during this unfortunate period.

Also, Gary and some of us used to meet every other week for lunch. He had mentioned before, when I'd bring up the topic of my boat, that he had a joint ownership in a Scarab with you and it was a very good time for him before you moved out of state.

Dean
Posted By: Spike

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 03:45 PM

Thanks Unlawfls big sis, also thanks for sharing your brother with us.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 04:09 PM

Thanks Kim. I too was one of the lucky ones who met Gary and I knew right away he was special. I could not have asked to be treated better then he treated my son Tim and I at the 2001 Nats when we met Gary. I agee your dad did one awesome job raising your family as Gary was just one great people person and you had to like him as we all can see everyone did. If I can do anything also let me know as I live in Md but from just the one time I met Gary I feel like he was one of my best friends ever. Take care and god bless. Ron
Posted By: Moparmania

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 04:10 PM

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post the PM and sharing Gary's big sis's thoughts with us.
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 04:27 PM

Thanks Kim for sharing your thoughts. I also appreciated the time I got to spend with Gary.

Posted By: peelerboy

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 05:33 PM

That was beautiful, Kim.

Dale

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/20/04 09:58 PM

Thanks Kim!

RIP Gary.
Posted By: Xlr8us Rapidus

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/21/04 12:41 AM

Welcome aboard, Kim.
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/21/04 01:47 AM

Welcome! and Thanks for sharing!
I feel very fortunate to have met Gary and even stayed at their house a couple of nights last August with my family. The world needs more caring people like your family. ~Mike~

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/21/04 01:56 AM

thanks Kim. God blessed Gary with kindness. looks like He also blessed the rest of the family. i can honestly say i never saw an unkind post from Gary. he lifted the down and humbled the eager. may God continue to bless those that loved him.

Rest In Peace Gary.

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/21/04 05:45 PM

Thank you for sharing that information! What a great family.
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/21/04 08:53 PM

THANK-YOU
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/21/04 09:24 PM

Thank you
Posted By: 71sat440

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/22/04 03:00 AM

Quote:

4. I chewed Gary a new --- when he came down to visit me and got on my computer to check your board and talk to you all because I thought his priorities we're wrong but if I knew he was doing all this good for you guys, I would have gladly sacrificed the time. and finally

Moparts is an addiction, and what makes it addicting are all the great members and Gary was one of the finest.
Posted By: KingMopar

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/22/04 04:55 AM

If you're able to read this Kim, I'll say this:

I personally never met your brother(sad to say) as I'm sure alot of members here can relate to never having that "privilage". However, Gary was also part of a "family" here and even though we were not able to look "eyeball to eyeball"...just stroking the keys so to speak, you get a good idea where a person's heart is at and what stuff they are made of. Being a family so to speak here......we often hit areas where one doesn't agree with another, just like "real family"......but we also learn to agree to disagree most of the times--sometime we don't ever clear that hurdle. We also feel someone else's problems or triumphs, even though we are unable to actually see their face. I can't tell ya how many times on a rough day.....could "Unlawful"s humor kinda bring up my day. I dare say that at times.....folks here can share things with unfaced "friends"--far quicker or easlier than they could maybe approach someone they could actually "look" at. Gary was the type of person who didn't have to a face to look at......to apply his heart and offered his help whenever he could. We call them "pillars"...someone who supports and helps the newguy without running him down. Lends support to the masses, without ever meeting them face to face. Your brother was such a "pillar" and will be deeply missed.

I can't say enough.....I'll miss the old gent at the counter(Unlawful's Sig as of late). My prayers to you and your family, as I know your hearts are heavy. Loss is never easy, but is also never the end.

Regards,

Dalton Dickens(KingMopar)
Posted By: Snooker

Re: Unlawflsbigsis wanted me to share this with you... - 05/23/04 04:39 AM

349MagnumRT - Thanks for posting the message from Kim.

Kim - Thanks for such a thoughtful message - it sure shows how great a person you Dad is, as well as you. He sure did a fine job with you and Gary. My God bless you all!
© 2024 Moparts Forums