Moparts

Update on Owen

Posted By: burdar

Update on Owen - 07/01/13 02:49 PM

His MRI in May looked good. The MRI yesterday showed cancer covering the entire brain and spine. Right now all we can do is keep him comfortable and try to get him home. Everyone's support over the past six months has been wonderful. Thank you!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:06 PM

Posted By: Road_RunnerSteve

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:13 PM

I don't know what to say, Darren. Just know we're thinking of Owen and you...

Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:14 PM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:17 PM

Quote:

x2....
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:21 PM

This news breaks my heart.
Posted By: rallye73

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:22 PM

Darren, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:28 PM

Darren,

My prayers are with Owen and your family.

Allen
Posted By: Winston

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 03:37 PM

Wishing peace and comfort for Owen and for you as well.
Posted By: Ludington1

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 04:42 PM

I am very sorry, Darren.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 04:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

x2....

So sorry to hear.
Posted By: new bee

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 04:51 PM

I cannot imagine how rough this must be for you and your family. I wish you all the best.
Posted By: rth

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 04:52 PM

So sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers for your family.
Posted By: Molloy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 05:22 PM

Man I'm so sorry to hear that.
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 05:26 PM

In my prayers

God Bless

Jim
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 05:45 PM

Darren,
Please know that you and Owen are in our Prayers.
Stay Strong for him.

Wally.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 06:00 PM

Terrible news, sorry.

Sheldon
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 06:15 PM

Very terrible news.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 06:17 PM

Prayers for all of you. I am very sorry.
Posted By: Aero426

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 06:18 PM

Quote:

Wishing peace and comfort for Owen and for you as well.

x 2.
Posted By: p d'ro

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 07:56 PM

How painful this must be. How old is Owen? As a dad of a seven year old whose friends six year old passed from a Glioma brain tumor, ireally am at a loss for words. As a pharmacist, I find our work in this area need major improvement. Although I never recommend alternative therapy, if it were my son and we exhausted our options, I may. Someone told me about native American healing recently. I think it was called 13 grandmothers. Google them. Please don't raise false hope but also leave no stone unturned. Best of luck to your family. Pete
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 08:03 PM

So sad to hear of this , saying a prayer for your family and for Owen
Posted By: srt

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 08:32 PM

so sorry to hear this news. if you recall our family is on a similar path with my son-in-law and brother-in-law.
wishing you and yours solace through this difficult time. you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:11 PM

Got him moved back over to St Jude this afternoon. Will be trying to get him off the respirator. If he can breath on his own, hopefully we can get him home. Family is driving down right now in case things go down hill fast.

All he has been saying is that he wants to go home and see his dog.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:16 PM

Hugs for the whole family & a very gentle one for Owen.
Posted By: Wagonmaster

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:17 PM

So sad, Darren. No words to express feelings. Prayers and feelings your way.
Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:18 PM

Just saw the thread today, and went back and read everything. I am overcome with emotion as I'm sure you and your family are.
Prayers for you and your family hoping for the best.
Jim
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:21 PM

I'm so sorry.
Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:30 PM

I have no words I can think of to say other than I'm sorry and I will keep Owen you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Update on Owen - 07/01/13 11:54 PM

so sorry to hear this. keeping you and yours in our prayers
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 12:02 AM

I am sorry to hear this news. I have followed your updates and can only say the Owen has known what true love is from his parents. Keep on loving him until he has to go. Keeping your family in our prayers.
Posted By: Shoozy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 12:04 AM

We are so very sorry Darren. Treasure every moment.

Tim and Vicki
Posted By: TheBlueBeast

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 12:08 AM

I AM SO SORRY!
Posted By: Scotts72Rallye

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 12:21 AM

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking.
Posted By: JIM500

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 03:59 AM

I am VERY... Sorry..In my prayers.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 04:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Ditto..Can't imagine
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 04:40 AM

Darren

I'm at a loss. My heart breaks for you,your family and Owen. Being car guys who can fix most anything I think I speak for us all we wish we could fix him. I know it's not what you want to hear but I believe it's all in Gods hands now. He has a plan and a need for him. I wish we knew what,when and where the plan was. We may never know. It was said Sunday in church that the road to hell is straight,wide and easy but the road to heaven is curved,narrow and hard to follow. No matter the outcome here be it he pulls through or turns worse know he will go to heaven someday. Know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of him and tell him all us from moparts are thinking of him and care deeply for him. If he wants his dog do what you can to try and bring it to him.
On a side note. Our friends who's son passed away 6 months ago had Maddox's finger prints taken and made into a necklas that his mom wears. Check that out.

Take care
Posted By: 19cuda73

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 04:48 AM

Darren Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Keep him comfortable and give him a big hug from all your Mopar friends!!

Dennis
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 05:23 AM

I am so sorry to hear this - he's a sweet, great kid. Prayers for you all.
Posted By: crazyjjk

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 02:06 PM

Like others have said I do not have the words. All I can say is that my prayers are with Owen and you and your family. Words cannot express the sadness I feel.
Posted By: Orange_Crush

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 04:25 PM

I have been keeping tabs on this thread since yesterday trying to find the words to give you and your family some comfort. I have started posts and, just as quickly, erased them in futile attempts to say the "right" thing.

Ultimately, it has been brought home to me that nothing I can say now...or that I can ever say...will be the right thing.

I am so sorry. I hope that time and community help to someday lessen the pain that you and your family must be feeling.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Craig
Posted By: mopar_man

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 04:41 PM

I have been following your posts concerning your son and truthfully I have not got words that can express my feelings for you and your family. I have prayers and believe in them that whatever happens You and your family will be strong .
There was an article in the news here about a sick child in Philly and how she was cured by injecting a mutated form of the HIV virus. The little girl is now a healthy child . I found a post of it on U tube . Don't know if it helps or not but anything is worth a try .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXKe4rskZc

God Blees Owen as he continues his struggle .
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 05:25 PM

I'm so so sorry.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 05:39 PM

He is off the ventilator. So far he is breathing fine. He is waking up and talking to my parents. I got to see him smile again which was great. Hoping he will continue to improve enough to get him home.
Posted By: CUDAJAS

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 05:49 PM

Quote:

He is off the ventilator. So far he is breathing fine. He is waking up and talking to my parents. I got to see him smile again which was great. Hoping he will continue to improve enough to get him home.

Posted By: wunderless

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 05:57 PM

I wish the best for him.
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 06:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Triple that !

You and your entire family and circle of friends are in my prayers. My brother had a similar incident in his family. As a bystander, it was an incredible display of faith and strength as he led his family through those events, both up's and down's. I am hoping you can find that strength as well as it was a sense and source of comfort to everyone..... including his little girl. Wishing Owen the best....Al
Posted By: N9671X2

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 06:22 PM

Cherish the moments and he will be in your heart forever, may peace come your way.
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 07:38 PM

Very, very sad to hear, best wishes, and prayers sent.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 08:38 PM

Quote:

That is great news! Take each moment as just that. A moment with him. Don't put high expectations right now. Just baby steps. If you put to high expectations then it will be hard for you if there is even a minor set back which he will know by your actions. Having baby step expectations allows you to naturally show joy and happiness which in turn Owen will pick up on and feel & help him. Take every breath he takes every blink of his eyes every thing he does and cherish them in your heart. Thank God for everything he has done for Owen and allowed your family to cherish & hold. Your strength and faith will be tested. Believe and love Owen. We are pulling for you!
Posted By: tored1971

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 10:44 PM

Quote:

Got him moved back over to St Jude this afternoon. Will be trying to get him off the respirator. If he can breath on his own, hopefully we can get him home. Family is driving down right now in case things go down hill fast.

This is breaking my heart.

Hang in there Owen!!!

Tucker, Kathy and Phil
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Update on Owen - 07/02/13 11:32 PM

You, Owen, and your family are in out thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: SanityLost

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 12:21 AM

So sorry to read this.
Will keep You, Owen and family in our thoughts. Stay strong...
Posted By: jcastle1

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 01:26 AM

Sorry to read this;although I do not know you, I hope,and pray for the best possible outcome for you and your family.

John
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 01:31 AM

I am very sorry the hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Owen and your family. God bless.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 01:35 AM

I really don't know how to respond to what's going on in you and your son's life.
Please try and stay strong.
Ron
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 02:00 AM

Darren, my deepest condolences and prayers to you, Owen and your family
Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 02:28 AM

Can't even pretend to know what your going thru stay strong thoughts and prayers going out to you your family
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 03:23 AM

You and you're family are in my prayers.
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 04:33 AM

Very sorry to hear this, prayers from my family to yours...
Posted By: MaxHeadroom

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 04:34 AM

Quote:

If at all possible you should try to bring the dog to him if for some reason you are not able to take him home. I am so sorry, something wrong with this world.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 04:55 AM

As long as tonight goes well, an Ambulance will be driving him home in the morning. We were squeduled to go to Disney World in December. Since that won't be happening, we are going to try and give him one last big Christmas. Make a Wish is trying to put something together at the last minute. That might take place on the 4th or 5th.

No parent should have to go through this. That's why we decided to donate Owen's tumor tissue to St Jude once he is gone. Hopefully countless other families can be spared this experience once better treatments are found.
Posted By: 426Savoy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 05:06 AM

Wish I knew what to say that would ease your family's pain, but I don't. Prayers for your family.
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 06:47 AM

I just don't know what to say.

I'm sorry to hear this
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 11:36 AM

there are no words, adequate to say. be strong.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 01:56 PM

Stay strong for him and get whatever support you can through family, cancer support groups, etc. Dont be afraid to reach out.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 02:08 PM

Can't even imagine......
Posted By: Polarabill

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 02:22 PM

I read this with a knot in my stomach and tears in my eyes.I pray for you and your family to make it through this with strength and hope. Even though it is difficult,thank you for keeping us informed about Owen and his condition.May God bless you and your family.
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 02:55 PM

I believe that with age comes more wisdom! An old guy that I worked with who's wife was going through the cancer experience once told me, " that the one thing that bothered him the most, was people who has never had the experience, giving him advise on what to do" as he stated that something new happens everyday, and I would believe this has happened to you.
My son has had it, I have had it, now my wife is going through it, so our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. GOD BLESS - HEMI JOE & JEAN

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 07:14 PM

I pray that last night went without any issues. I pray that God grants you time to do a make a wish trip with Owen. I feel Owen was brought into this world to show us all how truly fragile life is. I may never get the chance to speak a word to him but thank you Darren for bringing your angel into our lives. We are all better in someway or another because of him for your son has touched more lives than most of us will in our entire lives. You I hope are very proud of him as I'm sure you are.

Corey
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 09:57 PM

Quote:

Wish I knew what to say that would ease your family's pain, but I don't. Prayers for your family.

Words fail me at a time like this.

Tim
Posted By: stormer41

Re: Update on Owen - 07/03/13 10:00 PM

All my words are empty.....Keep your family close.....Prayers....

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 12:22 AM

Owen is home!

I got started about an hour after the Ambulance and thought I'd catch up to them but that didn't happen. As I was driving through St Louis, the 2.7 is my dad's Sebring decided it didn't want to run on all 6. I limped it to Hannibal and took it to a towing company. It should be here shortly. Stupid 2.7 Luckily my best friend drove 10 hours yesterday to see Owen and turned around and followed me home today.

Everyone is home so that's the important thing.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 12:26 AM

Quote:

Everyone is home so that's the important thing.

Good news!! I have to go back in on Aug. 1st..If Owen and I feel up to it,I could drop by for a visit! I am pulling for all of you!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 12:47 AM

So glad you made it home. Praying for some memorable meaningful family time for you. Give Owen a hug from all of us here.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 01:15 AM

Anyone is welcome to stop by but I have a feeling this is going to be a fast process. I think it will be a week...maybe less. This cancer is just so nasty. It's growing fast.

Make a wish is tomorrow. An elf told me that Santa will be flying down from the North Pole to pay Owen a visit.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 01:51 AM

Posted By: Mr.Runum

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 02:13 AM

As I read this to my wife it breaks our hearts. Our thought are with you. We have a five year old going through Chemo now, he has NFI Neurofibromatosis. We will be at a year in August, going to December (70 week treatment)and this has been a tough week for me emotionally. I keep reading about bad outcomes. We are going to Riley's Children's in Indianapolis, what a great place and group of people (if you have to go for this type of thing) I don't know how they do it, I don' t think I could. I like to think of myself as a tough guy, until I get there and I have nothing on these children, I check my man card at the door.
We wish the best for you and your family all things considered.

Phil and Jennifer.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 02:44 AM

....glad he's with his dog. that's pretty important especially at that age....heck even at my age if I was stricken with something like this i'd find great comfort with my dog. God bless ya all.
Posted By: GOLDMYN

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 02:56 AM

I'm glad you have your family around for strength !
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 03:45 AM

This is so sad. My prayers go out to your family and Owen.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 04:37 AM

So happy to hear that you guys are home. I may try to come down for a visit but I'm unsure of timing. I'll PM you if it looks like it'll work.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 04:54 AM

Glad to hear Owen is home. Enjoy.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 05:51 AM

I'm tearing up keeping up with this. You are a very strong man. It too just breaks my heart thinking about Owen. I pray this week for strength for you and your family. Most of all I pray God's hands are wrapped around Owen and comforts him and eases his pain. I pray God gives you and your family every moment possible and Owen when the time comes will go peacefully without pain and suffering. Again thank you for sharing your angel with us. He has touched us all.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 06:48 AM

Friends who lost their boy march 2nd had a friend who took still shots of Maddox that the parents took in his short life. They then put them on a slide show with music. They played that at the funeral before hand. Very touching. It's now on YouTube under Maddox April 11 - march 13 if you need ideas.
Just trying to get you ideas that other parents did when faced with same situation. It's 10 to 1 and all I can think about is Owen and wishing there was something I found do to help.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 03:22 PM

When I was back home for a month working, I found this video on the camera that my wife had taken. I had forgotten about it. I edited it a little and put it on Youtube so I could always look at it. He had just gotten back to Target House after getting a round of high dose chemo but was full of energy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV8vjozmWqg

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 03:26 PM

Can't watch that with out crying my eyes out......

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 03:33 PM

Quote:

When I was back home for a month working, I found this video on the camera that my wife had taken. I had forgotten about it. I edited it a little and put it on Youtube so I could always look at it. He had just gotten back to Target House after getting a round of high dose chemo but was full of energy.

He is beautiful. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 03:49 PM

Not able to watch it where I'm at but I can only imagine what it will do to me when I do. Praying you have a memorable day today!
Posted By: sendero

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 04:45 PM

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is.

May the almighty God grant your family fortitude in this time of trial. Gratitude in the years ahead for the amazing gift that is Owen - for the Angels of heaven stand in awe of humans; for despite their human frailty, they alone can offer up their suffering to God for the sake of others as Christ did.

May God bless Owen and your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 06:20 PM

Quote:

Just watched it . Cried my eyes out too. So little and full of life! May you always cherish this and all moments with him. I'm sitting here imagining your Christmas celebration going on right now. God bless your family and Owen!!!!
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 06:25 PM

peace to you and yours Darren.
Posted By: cal_gecko

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 06:40 PM

Quote:

....glad he's with his dog. that's pretty important especially at that age....heck even at my age if I was stricken with something like this i'd find great comfort with my dog. God bless ya all.

I can't even imagine what you and your family are experiencing... but if nothing else, I'm glad you, Owen and the family are home so he can be with everyone who loves him in a familiar place (with his dog). That video was so sweet - his laughing brought tears to my eyes, I'm sure you will cherish that for years.. I wish I were closer, I'd love to come over and get some photos for you.
Hopefully the thoughts, prayers and well-wishes of your Moparts family can provide you a little bit of comfort.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 07:02 PM

Quote:

He is beautiful. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Amen.
Posted By: jagrunt551

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 07:04 PM

Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Family at this time.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/04/13 07:52 PM

Quote:

What a fighter! What a great Mom and Dad, too. Obviously Owen's time here has been a blessing.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Update on Owen - 07/05/13 05:32 PM

I don't begin to know what to say or understand what youre going through!

Prayers to Owen and your entire family! I hope the trip goes well.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Update on Owen - 07/05/13 07:08 PM

If anything we type or say can help you on this website, I hope it brings you some comfort ...I type with tears streaming wishing a different outcome...my heart goes out to your son and family ....as said before ...thank you for sharing him with us
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Update on Owen - 07/05/13 08:06 PM

Darren, first, thank you...for sharing your
story about Owen's struggle with all of us, that alone takes alot of courage. Second, I know from
personal experience what you and your family, are going through. My first wife, Julie lost her long
battle with cancer in the spring of 1998 at the young age of 38. Third, I will continue to pray for Owen, you and your family. May God bless you, and give you peace, and strength to continue to fight this awful disease as long as it takes.
Posted By: 69RTSE

Re: Update on Owen - 07/05/13 09:42 PM

Darren, I am so sorry for what you, Owen, and your family have been through and are still going through. I hope knowing that your son has touched so many may bring you some peace and comfort some day. This has made me hug my own kids a little tighter and a little longer.
Rich

Re: Update on Owen - 07/05/13 10:59 PM

Never has ANY post mattered to me more or had me checking moparts out more than this one. I to am hugging and looking at my kids even more. Owen has touched so many.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 12:47 AM

Darren,

I hope you know how much we all care and how much Owen touched out lives.

I don't know how you are being so strong, but I am sure that he appreciates it.
Posted By: ryangtogtx

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 02:07 AM

You are a wonderfully strong and caring dad and I'm praying you find comfort in the memories. No parent should ever have to go through something like this, but unfortunately we don't get a choice.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 04:10 AM

Quote:

Never has ANY post mattered to me more or had me checking moparts out more than this one. I to am hugging and looking at my kids even more. Owen has touched so many.

Me too! Been checking everyday, this is the first thing I go too! Praying for you little buddy.....Matt
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 05:51 AM

I have checked daily as well. Prayers to all of you... Praying for a Miracle ! Let Gods love comfort.
Posted By: JonsGottaDusta

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 08:05 AM

I'll make sure myself and the family keep you, Owen, and the rest of the family in our prayers. Hoping make-a-wish comes through with something amazing - that organization rocks.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 11:58 AM

I have been keeping up with owens story,and im am so sorry for him,and his family,and friends....you must be one of the strongest men I have seen,sharing owen with us.God bless all of you,and of course owen...I will lift you up in prayers. what a wonderful son you have,in ownen....keep taking video,and pics to show the whole world,your love for this little boy.that video show/proves owens love for you!...its wonderful to watch,thank you! God bless you all....oh and tell owen,im praying for him,and give him a big hug from mike,in Michigan....mike
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 03:06 PM

I've tried to reply to this several times and nothing seems to be sufficient. Other than I can't possibily imagine what your family is going thru.
I'm glad your not keeping it bottled up. Talking about it does help.(even on a forum board about cars)

Darren , you are in my thoughts and prayers

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 03:12 PM

I sure hope the little guy is resting comfortably at home. I know how much I missed my own bed...And our little dog!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 07:43 PM

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 07:50 PM

Beautiful. He looks so happy!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 07:50 PM

Heartbreaker.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 08:30 PM

Beautiful little guy. I'm so glad he can be with his dog. You guy's are in our prayers.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 08:52 PM

I must say that is a blessing to see him smiling. May God grant you many more days ahead! I am going to work but will naturally check the thread any chance I get!

Corey

Re: Update on Owen - 07/06/13 11:43 PM

There is nothing to match the joy of a boy and his dog! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing Owen with us - the pics are great.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 03:42 AM

That's a very special little boy, he does look very happy! Praying for u so much little buddy. My wife and I praying for many more days of happy faces like he has on....Matt
Posted By: billohio

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 04:39 AM

Prayers for Owen, you and your family. He's sure is a cute little guy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 05:06 AM

Great Pictures Thanks for sharing them with us. He is a brave little boy! We have you and your family in our prayers.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 05:39 AM

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pics!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 11:14 AM

Quote:

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 01:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's hard to think of something to say but thank you for sharing. Know that Owen and the whole family is in our thoughts and prayers constantly.

Tim

Re: Update on Owen - 07/07/13 07:02 PM

Said multiple prayers for healing,support but most of all the great gift Owen is and thanks for what God has done for Owen and your family this week. I still believe on my heart there will be a miricle.
Posted By: Pkeel

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 12:42 AM

I am adding my prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 01:39 AM

I've said prayers for Owen, your family and all of Owens loved ones, including his puppy dog. Thank you for sharing his video and pictures with us. I admire your strength and grace that you show while going through this trying time. Give Mr. Owen a hug for all of us.
Posted By: scatpackjim

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 10:09 AM

You know, I woke up this morning just angry and frustrated with my petty little issues.
What a fool I was.
What a little hero you have there! May God bless your special child and your special family. I write this with tears in my eyes. Please enjoy every minute you have with that wonderful person.
I'm not a very religous person, but I will pray for you all.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 06:42 PM

Billy B Bad alerted me to this thread.

I have absolutely no special thing to say, advice to offer, magic potion to give, or if I could flip a switch to make things go backwards and start over. I have no idea what you're going through.

All I can do is offer up prayers of comfort and support for your son. And for y'all as well.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 09:54 PM

try and enjoy what you have now. dont look beyond the moment. my thoughts and prayers are with you!!
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 10:11 PM

Thinking about Owen and your family. May God bless you all.
Posted By: 68 Sat

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 10:20 PM

He looks happy in the pics. Thank you for sharing and we will say a prayer for him and the family..

Re: Update on Owen - 07/08/13 11:45 PM

Thank You for the pics of your beautiful son.

I have been following this from the beginning and my heart goes out to all of your family especially Owen.

Tucker, Kathy and Phil
Posted By: Plum440

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 02:31 AM

You are in our thoughts and prayers....always.
Posted By: Plum440

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 02:32 AM

You are in our thoughts and prayers....always. He is a beautiful boy.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 03:47 AM

Thinking of Owen as I say prayers with my kids tonight.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 04:58 AM

My wife just asked me again today, did you check on Owen! Told her yes I did, Praying for Owen and his family....Matt

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 11:36 AM

I'm sitting in my 330 Cat excavator and I start thinking about your little boy and I have to stop loading the truck because I can't see. I don't know how tall you are but you are a TALL Man in my book. Just wish there was something we all could do other than prey. We all hope for the best for you and your family and for Owen. God Bless him!!!!
Posted By: VSTwister

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 01:24 PM

I have no words. I'm sorry. My youngest son's name is Owen too. Keep the fight going and may the smiles keep coming!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 10:03 PM

Not sure what the situation is at hand right now but thinking and praying for you today.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 10:57 PM

He's just sleeping more and his head is hurting more. Increased his meds to keep him comfortable. When ever he's awake he has to have something in his mouth. The steroids are making him hungry.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 11:15 PM

Your in my prayers. I pray God truly show you his plan for Owen. I believe in my heart he won't make him suffer. Cherish the times he is awake. Give him lots of hugs and kisses and never stop telling him how much he is loved. Like others have said you and your wife are truly big people and have our prayers and sympathy.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 11:39 PM

I have a friend that I worked with about 8 mo ths ago. He about 10 years ago came down with brain cancer. They actually cut his skull off when they did the operation and I think removal. Not sure how bad his was but to this day when he shaves his head you can see the scar all the way around his head. I believe he was treated at the Mayo clinic. Not sure if this is to late info but as I was getting cleaned up tonight it just hit me. Doug Milner had brain cancer what if. Let me know if you want me to put you two in touch. He has become really religious and goes to our church. Great guy.

Corey
Posted By: 3csalvage

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 11:43 PM

I keep getting frustrated by my problems and issues around here, but this makes all of my problems seem very insignificant. I have no words to properly express how bad I feel for you and your family. I just picked up a car a few days ago that a 17 year old girl was killed in, as I left the impound yard her father came in. I could barely see to drive as I left for the tears it is the same as I type this. I cannot imagine what I would do in either situation. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/09/13 11:50 PM

Feed him anything he wants.
I am going to ask this despite the people thinking I am insane. Have you and you wife thought of any of the "alternative" therapies? I mean no disrespect of the doctors. It is just that some have made claims on natural medicines that help and seem to even destroy cancer cells.
I will continue to have Owen in my prayers and heart.
Kevin

Re: Update on Owen - 07/10/13 03:00 AM

We asked Owen's Oncologist about a few things my wife had read about. He said he has an open mind and researches a lot of them. He hasn't found anything that accually does what it claims. Finding new and better treatments for Owen's type of cancer is his mission in life. If there was something even extremely remote, he would have wanted us to try it.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/10/13 03:45 AM

Regardless of the outcome you and your wife are doing what Owen needs. That's loving him with all your hearts and that's incredible in its self!
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Update on Owen - 07/10/13 04:34 PM

Quote:

You know, I woke up this morning just angry and frustrated with my petty little issues.
What a fool I was.
What a little hero you have there! May God bless your special child and your special family. I write this with tears in my eyes. Please enjoy every minute you have with that wonderful person.

my sentiments too! my petty issues are nothing compared to this. may God bless this little boy and the whole family. prayers for you all,.. .

Re: Update on Owen - 07/10/13 07:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What a fool I was.

my sentiments too! my petty issues are nothing compared to this. may God bless this little boy and the whole family. prayers for you all,.. .

X3
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/10/13 10:08 PM

Darren, I have been following your posts since the beginning, hoping against hope that the news would some day get better. All I can do is offer what little support I can give you.
You and Dennis were always there when I had questions on my build but that seems so trivial now. Our children are everything to us and to see them hurting wrenches our gut out. All I can say is be strong. Of course, our prayers have been with Owen and his family and will continue to be. Keep the faith.

Craig
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: Update on Owen - 07/10/13 11:21 PM

With two little ones of my own I can’t imagine what you must be going through right now. Thoughts and prayers for you and Owen.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/11/13 04:35 AM

More thought and prayers
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/11/13 01:02 PM

Quote:

With two little ones of my own I can’t imagine what you must be going through right now. Thoughts and prayers for you and Owen.

This sums up my situation and feelings also. I pray for comfort for all of you.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 04:58 PM

Just checking in to see how you and Owen are doing? Praying things are ok.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 05:19 PM

I was also wondering...I know early this week the heat beat the crap outta me!!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 05:27 PM

The pain medicine is starting to not work very well. He is tossing and turning all night.

We've had a lot of family over every day which has been nice. My wifes coworkers all pitched in and bought us about 7 bags of groceries. Are cupboards are stocked.

My sister took me shopping yesterday and helped me pick out two nice outfits. I havn't had to dress up in a long time...everything I had was too small.

I've got a lot of the arrangements already taken care of. I talked to my parents church, the funeral home and the cemetery. The more I can get done now the better.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 06:25 PM

Knowing what will come must be very Painful for you and the rest of your family. I unfortunately know and understand your pain as I lost my daughter in 1983. I wish you and your family well and the strength to carry on.

Robert
Posted By: ink

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 06:32 PM

Quote:

The pain medicine is starting to not work very well. He is tossing and turning all night.

We've had a lot of family over every day which has been nice. My wifes coworkers all pitched in and bought us about 7 bags of groceries. Are cupboards are stocked.

My sister took me shopping yesterday and helped me pick out two nice outfits. I havn't had to dress up in a long time...everything I had was too small.;

I've got a lot of the arrangements already taken care of. I talked to my parents church, the funeral home and the cemetery. The more I can get done now the better

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 06:34 PM

Is there anything moparts members can do to help? How are you sitting on arrangements? I know when Maddox passed away friends of the family all brought food to help the family for months after just to help off set hospital bills and grocery shopping was one less thing they had to do. We also did find raisers after his passing that really helped the family both financially but more importantly emotionally.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 07:21 PM

Right now we are doing OK. We have some meals in the freezer and we just got bags of groceries yesterday.

St Jude is an awsome place. All of the costs are taken care of for you.(except for things back home that have to get paid no matter if you're there or not)We set up a medical account with all the money friends and family had been giving us. We havn't had to touch that. We are thinking about giving one of Owen's classmates a scholarship in 2027 with the money.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 09:19 PM

Wow just plain wow!!!!! His memory will live on and I'm sure be forever changing the world years from now! Talk about choking a guy up! Owen has one heck of a set of parents! God Bless you both!
Posted By: 72gtx4speed

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 10:22 PM

darren, i am a wreck just reading about owen.
may god bless you and your family.

thank you, clem

Re: Update on Owen - 07/12/13 10:41 PM

Never have I spent more time on editing a short post - I hope it comes out the way I intend. Your calmness and grace through this are a tremendous inspiration Darren - Owen is lucky to have you both as parents. I can think of very very few folks who could handle this like you have and I for one am grateful to have been included in this story. May your remaining days with him be spent filled with love and building memories and may God continue to grant you all peace and strength.
Posted By: zzyzxpat

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 03:20 AM

You don't know me, I mostly lurk here. I have no words. I can't think of anything to say except I'm sorry and wish I could do something. As the father of 3 boys, the pain must be undescribable. I wish I could carry some of your load.

Pat

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 04:05 AM

Quote:

Never have I spent more time on editing a short post - I hope it comes out the way I intend. Your calmness and grace through this are a tremendous inspiration Darren - Owen is lucky to have you both as parents. I can think of very very few folks who could handle this like you have and I for one am grateful to have been included in this story. May your remaining days with him be spent filled with love and building memories and may God continue to grant you all peace and strength.

Very well said sir.

thats all i got...
Posted By: Paul

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 05:08 AM

Burdar,

I've been absent from this board for year or two and just came across this thread. I am without words to describe the pain I feel for your family.

Our hobbies are insigificant when one is faced with caring for an ill child.

I can not imgagine the range of emotions you have experienced, I will keep you and Owen in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you and your family

-Paul
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 05:10 AM

Laying here in my truck at Chryslers at Carlisle I'm checking in on this post. Tears stream down my face as I type this. As a father of 4 I can't imagine losing one of them but I know that God's mercy & grace would get me through it. I pray for you all during this time.

Your story reminds me of Dax Locke.
http://www.daxlocke.org/!/heart-of-christmas
The song writer for Heart of Christmas, CCM artist Matthew West -
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASJktrBObrI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DASJktrBObrI
Don't watch this unless you are fully prepared the have leaky eyes - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye39mgcHC3E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYe39mgcHC3E

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 12:03 PM

Quote:

Right now we are doing OK. We have some meals in the freezer and we just got bags of groceries yesterday.

Darren...If there is anything you need,Send me a pm. Like you know,I am only an hour away and if need be,I could have a family member drive me. My wife has insurance on me but the bills still keep coming! We are a large community here and you know that all you have to do is say the word and we can give you a hand. Ted
Posted By: cgall

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 04:16 PM

I very seldom post in General, but I feel it is the duty of every member of this board to offer support to this courageous little boy and his family. Lets get about 10,000 hits on this thread and remember to believe in the power of prayer.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 07:49 PM

Still thinking about y'all and praying for you, Darren.

Tim
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: Update on Owen - 07/13/13 09:12 PM

im not really sure what to say my son isn't too much younger than Owmen as hes going to be 2 in a month. I can't fathom what your going through. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it better..
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Update on Owen - 07/15/13 02:27 PM

Owen is still in our thoughts and prayers.
If you guys would like, I will put out a donation jar at the Belvidere Mopar show this weekend, and donate the profits from whatever I sell.
May God hold you all close in the palm of his hand.

Wally.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/15/13 03:41 PM

Praying he is doing well. Hoping that your family had a good weekend surrounded by loved ones!
Posted By: Edison62

Re: Update on Owen - 07/15/13 05:03 PM

..as the parents of a busy boy, I can't imagine what your going through.

Having said that.....you, your family and Owen are in our prayers.... he's a lucky boy to have you both as parents.

Bryan & Shannon.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/16/13 12:56 PM

Still praying for Owen, you and your family. I don't have the words to express how I feel.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/16/13 01:02 PM

I too pray for a blessing to this nightmare you are going through. Because of Owen I take a second and third look at my kids feel blessed but at the same time feel sadness for not only Owen and your family but other families going through or have gone through this. Blessing your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 01:59 PM

I woke up thinking about Owen this morning... Hope you guys are doing well.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 02:05 PM

Quote:

Hope you guys are doing well.

X2!!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 02:28 PM

Quote:

Well said.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 03:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hope you guys are doing well.

X2!!

X1million !!!!!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 03:48 PM

He's still fighting! He's on a lot of meds and sleeps all day but every once in awhile, he says a few words.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 04:21 PM

Quote:

He's still fighting! He's on a lot of meds and sleeps all day but every once in awhile, he says a few words.

What a strong little guy.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 05:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What a strong little guy.

Agreed! Bet mom and dad are pretty strong too!!!

All the best.

Jason

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 07:40 PM

Quote:

I know you feel your wife is the strong one and worry about this being on here but I hope you see the lives your son has touched. I continue to pray for him and your family and will continue to do so.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 09:43 PM

Still thinking of, and praying for you guy's everyday.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 11:19 PM

Quote:

Tim

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Tim

Tim and Vicki
Posted By: 4004spd

Re: Update on Owen - 07/17/13 11:54 PM

What a sweet little boy, hoping and praying for him everyday!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/18/13 02:43 AM

I continue to pray for Owen, he's an amazing person with wonderful parents.
Jim

Re: Update on Owen - 07/18/13 01:19 PM

Owen and his entire family are always in my thoughts & prayers.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/18/13 01:26 PM

Thinking the best for the whole family!

Re: Update on Owen - 07/18/13 06:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tim

Tim and Vicki

X 4 (May God continue to strengthen you)

Paul

Re: Update on Owen - 07/19/13 06:56 AM

Quote:

I continue to pray for Owen, he's an amazing person with wonderful parents.
Jim

X2

Re: Update on Owen - 07/20/13 09:33 PM

Hate to ask but hows he doing?

Re: Update on Owen - 07/20/13 09:42 PM

He's the same. He sleeps all day. We have him in diapers. He wakes up a little when we change him. I make sure to tell him I love him because that's the only time he'll talk. I want to hear him say he loves me as much as possible.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/20/13 09:58 PM

You are still in our thoughts, Darren.....

Re: Update on Owen - 07/20/13 11:04 PM

Quote:

Every day without fail.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/20/13 11:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Every day without fail.

same here

Re: Update on Owen - 07/20/13 11:40 PM

I am truly at a loose of words! I know I'd be sitting holding him and praying over him telling him the same things you are. I know in my heart he loves you even if he doesn't say it. You I'm sure can see it in his eyes. I will keep praying for you both and Owen.

Corey

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 12:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Every day without fail.

same here

X100

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 01:00 AM

I pray for a miracle for Owen daily.
I tear up when I open this thread each time.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 04:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Every day without fail.

same here

X100

same here...stay stong man.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 02:35 PM

Darren, You and your family are in our prayers everyday. Owen sure is a tough little guy. He certainly has touched the hearts of many of our Moparts friends. We are hoping for a miracle!

Dennis

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 05:10 PM

Quote:

I pray for a miracle for Owen daily.
I tear up when I open this thread each time.

Same here. God Bless y'all, Darren.

Tim
Posted By: SuperStockWagon

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 08:43 PM

Darren, I'm sure sorry Owen and your family are going through this..remain strong my friend.
This family's thoughts and prayers are ongoing for Owen and your family.
Posted By: cudaman67

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 09:51 PM

Our prayers are with you and Owen...Larry and Lori
Posted By: 9SecRoadRunner

Re: Update on Owen - 07/21/13 09:55 PM

I seldom post on here anymore, but I do read posts fairly often, I just wanted to say that Owen and all his loved ones are in my families prayers daily
Posted By: CtownChris

Re: Update on Owen - 07/23/13 03:47 AM

May God bless your family
Posted By: Airgrabber

Re: Update on Owen - 07/23/13 03:57 AM

May God Bless your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/23/13 04:22 AM

Darren, I know it's of no consolation, but I can't help thinking when I look at that picture, Owen is on no-better hands. God bless.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/23/13 12:06 PM

Quote:

He's the same. He sleeps all day. We have him in diapers. He wakes up a little when we change him. I make sure to tell him I love him because that's the only time he'll talk. I want to hear him say he loves me as much as possible.

Darren, I can't help but cry here at work while reading. I'll never know what to say.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Update on Owen - 07/23/13 03:57 PM

Wishing your whole family comfort and strength.

So much to say, and so few words convey the thought or feeling.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 04:45 AM

Praying for a good nights rest for your family but most of all Owen. Think about him alot through out the days. Praying you are all still strong.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:44 PM

Owen Todd Burrichter
February 5, 2009 to July 24, 2013

Posted By: Tesla_HV

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:51 PM

Quote:

Owen Todd Burrichter

Dear Lord, I'm sorry.
Posted By: crocha617

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:51 PM

I'm so sorry. I've been dreading this day. Stay strong.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:52 PM

I'm sorry,,,thinking of you and your family
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:52 PM

Darren,
I don't know what to say but offer my deepest sympathies . Hopefully you'll find peace he is no longer in pain.

If you need ANYTHING , all you have to do is ask.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:53 PM

I am so sorry Darren! I jumped on here seen you posted and was afraid to look! I just broke down crying for him. He is at peace and free of pain. Thank you for sharing your little boy with us. He has touched many lives and you will continue to be in my prayers. Peace be with you. Rest in peace Owen.

Corey
Posted By: SanityLost

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 08:58 PM

Darren, So Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:02 PM

There isn't much I can say other than all our best thoughts and prayers for Owen,you and your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:02 PM

So sorry, Darren.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:08 PM

man..I am so sorry for your loss Daren.

Your son and you have touched many lives over the last six months, I know that is no real consolation at this time. but felt the need to say it.

If there is anything we can do, just say the word.

Jason

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:13 PM

Quote:

man..I am so sorry for your loss Daren.

Your son and you have touched many lives over the last six months, I know that is no real consolation at this time. but felt the need to say it.

If there is anything we can do, just say the word.

I agree!
"Darren we are all thinking of you and your family"

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:18 PM

We are all sorry for your loss. Heaven has gained a True Angel. Owen would be expecting a Celebration . Please rejoice ! !
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:18 PM

Words fail me. My prayers are with your family and you.

Craig
Posted By: Colin Frolick

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:19 PM

God bless

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:26 PM

So sad, I am truly sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for you and your family. Focus on all the Great things about Owen, and how many lives he has touched.
Jim
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:26 PM

I'm sorry.
Posted By: new bee

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:29 PM

So sad to hear. It's my hope you continue with the strength you had before his loss. What a terrible turn of events, but I know you'll get through it.
Posted By: mickm

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:40 PM

i have no idea what to say, sitting here with tears in my eyes. i'm so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Devil

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:47 PM

Damn it, I'm so sorry. You and your family have been and will be in my thoughts.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:50 PM

He's no longer in pain. May your family find peace in this unspeakably tough time.
Posted By: SuperStockWagon

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:52 PM

Our deepest sympathies Darren..Thanks for sharing Owen with us. Rest in peace little buddy.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:55 PM

Owen touched so many lives during his short time on earth, bless him and all who loved him.
Posted By: MFR440

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 09:57 PM

Thank you for sharing Owen with us. His journey touched so many of us in ways we cannot even explain.

Godspeed to you and your family.

Rest in Peace, Owen.

Posted By: magnum440d100

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:07 PM

Oh man. I'm so sorry

My Grampa passed may first. He was a good man, and raised me since I was Owens age. I know that my Grampa is up there looking after Owen.

I know words can't express the sympathy or sorrow. But as with my Grampa, the pain is gone.

Owen knows you loved him. You made the last days the best you could
Posted By: Slotts

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:08 PM

Julie and Darren,

Words can't express our feelings for your loss. May the Lord bless both of you with strength and peace. Know that both of you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anna, Eric and Jim
Posted By: ink

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:17 PM

Quote:

Owen Todd Burrichter

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:20 PM

Damn - very sorry to hear this.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:24 PM

I'm so sorry for your terrible loss.
It was a year ago almost to the day, 7/25/12, that my 18 year old niece Shea passed away in her sleep after a 4 year battle with Hodgkins Lymphoma. My sister is still pretty devasted from losing her daughter. Losing a child is the most difficult thing any parent can experience.
I hope your family can stay strong in these difficult times.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:33 PM

darrin, thank you for sharing owen's path to heaven with us. may he be pain free to run and jump.

god bless, clem
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 10:58 PM

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:03 PM

Darren , so sorry for you and your families loss , he is now at peace and pain free ..

God Bless
Posted By: GOLDMYN

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:16 PM

I wish I could say something that would help..I say that because I also lost one of my children and I know first-hand there are no special words . My wife and I are hoping the best for your family....Mike and Jan
Posted By: GBMracing

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:20 PM

To you and yours,

Our heart goes out to you - we will pray for you and your family, that you will find peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with you - God Bless.

From us and ours,
Matt & Anita
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:23 PM

Darren, mydeepest sympathies go out to you and your family! Godspeed Owen

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:24 PM

Although we are all very sad the day has come when Owen is finally pain free. Through your sharing of this experience Owen has touched more lives than anyone in the history of this board and I dare say we all hold our children just a little bit closer because of it. May God give you peace and the strength to cherish his memories and his contribution to the world. Darren - thank you for sharing this most personal time with us all.
Tim and Vicki
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:24 PM

RIP. At least he isn't in pain anymore, I don't know anything else good to say about it. Sorry.

Sheldon

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:28 PM

So sorry to hear this...I have four kids including a 5 year old son, I can't imagine the heartbreak you and your wife are feeling right now....
Posted By: 3csalvage

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:39 PM

Quote:

i have no idea what to say, sitting here with tears in my eyes. i'm so sorry for your loss.

can hardly type this for the tears!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: A12

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:43 PM

So very sorry, God Bless him...for sure a little angel and such a sweet child
Posted By: Rumblefish

Re: Update on Owen - 07/24/13 11:57 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless Owen, you, and your family.

Tom Salvato

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:02 AM

Crap. We are so very sorry for your loss.

We lost a little girl many years ago. The pain and tears that overwhelm you now will lessen with time. Remember the joy he brought to your life before the illness. He will always be a part of you and the memories will get better.

Again, so very sorry....
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:05 AM

His suffering is over, what little consolation that may be to you.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:14 AM

I am SO SORRY.
Posted By: Dragger40

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:15 AM

I dont know what to say, I'm just another grown man brought to tears by such an unfair turn of events.
Please know that at the very least you have all my prayers and best wishes.
It is my hope that you and your family can come through this and find something possitive to take away from it for Owen.

I'm so sorry-Tony

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:54 AM

Very sorry. Life can be so unfair.
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:58 AM

Darren, so very very sorry. My deepest condolences. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 01:06 AM

...Darren, our condolences at this time. Owen, and your family are in our thoughts and prayers...

Bryan & Shannon.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 01:15 AM

So very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. You and the rest of your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tim
Posted By: jagrunt551

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 01:30 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I want to thank you, your wife and family for being so strong in this situation and sharing your wonderful son with all of us. I checked everyday hoping for a better outcome, but maybe this was it. Please take some time now just for you and your wife. God Bless

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:07 AM

Very sad indeed, our sincere condolences to you and your family.

Robert & Shelly
Posted By: codfish

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:07 AM

Quote:

Darren , so sorry for you and your families loss , he is now at peace and pain free ..

God Bless

X2
My condolences.

codfish

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:26 AM

I have no words I can think of. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:46 AM

I am so sorry. My wife and I have been so sad about Owen. Thank you for sharing his story - he's made a difference in our lives. I truly look at my two little ones differently, try to have more patience, and try to squeeze the most out of every day with them. Bless you and your family.
Posted By: 426Savoy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:57 AM

Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 03:08 AM

Damn. Don't know what to say that hasn't been said already.

Posted By: amxautox

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 03:12 AM

Sorry for the loss of your child. Way too soon.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 03:16 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. This little fellow named Owen has touched many lives of people he didn't know, and has made us appreciate our lives and loved ones a whole lot more. R.I.P. Owen
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 03:19 AM

We are so sorry. Every night the first thing my fiance' asks is hows Owen? He has touched our hearts, thats for sure...Mom is going to need some extra love but you know that. God Bless you guys
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 03:43 AM

I've been following this thread from the begining. I'm so sorry for your loss of such a beautiful child. I would like to express our deepest sympathies and condolences. Prayers being sent for you and your family
Posted By: 70dartswinger

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:36 AM

I am so sorry.

What you have done is involve people and make people aware of the pain by posting on this website. This has made me more aware of the suffering and heartache that cancer causes. Your decision to involve us and keep us posted may help fight against cancer for others.

- Bill Blanchard
Posted By: rallye73

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:42 AM

Darren my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my dad this morning to cancer also. It's been a really sad day. I will keep you in my prayers. Just feel safe in knowing that Owen and my dad are both in gods hands now and no longer suffering.
Posted By: ryangtogtx

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:53 AM

My deepest sympathies to you and your family during this difficult time.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:53 AM

Very sorry, your no longer in any pain little buddy. I'm very sorry for your loss...Matt
Posted By: billohio

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:54 AM

Darren
Sorry to hear this. Your family is in our prayers. I don't have children but 2 nieces. You sharing this makes me appreciate them even more.

Rallye sorry to read about your dad. Tough day for you guys

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 06:01 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtn-x_5d61w

When I get where I'm going,
On the far side of the sky,
The first thing I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly.

I'm gonna land beside a lion,
And run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what its like,
To ride a drop of rain

Yeah when I get where I'm goin,
There'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Don't cry for me down here

I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy.
And he'll match me step for step.
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left,
Then I'll hug his neck.

So much pain and so much darkness,
In this world we stumble through.
All these questions I can't answer,
And so much work to do

But when I get where I'm goin,
And I see my maker's face,
I'll stand forever in the light,
Of his amazing Grace.

There'll be only happy tears.
I will love and have no fear.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 11:51 AM

I too have been dreading this day. It was so hard to imagine the feelings you had knowing that it was coming.

I hope you know how much everyone here cares.

Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 11:52 AM

Quote:

Owen Todd Burrichter

i knew when i saw the volume of posts what happened. words don't suffice, but i'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 12:00 PM

Iowa is a long way from Newfoundland but it sure do not lessen the sorrow I have in my heart for the passing of Owen . Be rest assured, that somebody somewhere has a better plan for Owen.
Please accept mt sincere condolences on the passing of your son.
Posted By: solarguy

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 01:01 PM

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers
Posted By: Seventythree

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 01:03 PM

Darren, so very sorry for your loss. May God keep you in peace.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 01:22 PM

My heart breaks for you and your family. I have no other words to express how sad I feel.
Posted By: DUSTER_340

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:07 PM

I too don't know what to say but I am so sorry . I hope that knowing he is no longer suffering is comforting.

Bob
Posted By: 67DodgeCharger

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 02:47 PM

We are sending our prayers for you and your family Robert
Posted By: 67Monaco

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 03:57 PM

our condolences. RIP Owen.
Posted By: VSTwister

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:10 PM

I'm so sorry. Thoughts of you and your family are here. RIP Owen.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 04:39 PM

I can not fathom what you are going through. I wish I could say/do something to help.

I'm so sorry for you and your family. May the Lord keep you and give you comfort through this tragedy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Ludington1

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 05:16 PM

I'm very sorry for your family's loss, Darren.

Darren
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 05:41 PM

may God bless you and your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 06:29 PM

Thanks for all the support! It is nice to know that we are not alone in this.

http://www.vsrfh.com/obituary.aspx?MemberId=123251&MName=Owen Todd Burrichter
Posted By: N9671X2

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 06:52 PM

My deepest sympathies, he will live on in many hearts and minds.
Posted By: 440dodge440

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 07:14 PM

Very sorry to hear this. One of the charities I donate to is St Jude's Hospital. If you know of a way to earmark the donation to St. Jude to go towards the research that you donated Owen's cells for, please post.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 08:18 PM

Heartsick for your loss. No more pain for Owen. Godspeed, little man.
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 08:43 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I don't know what else to say...

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 09:18 PM

I have no words..... My condolences and prayers to your family.......
gonna go call my daughter.....
peace be with you....

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 09:24 PM

Quote:

What a beautiful little boy. What a blessing that he was able to make it home. My friends son was the batboy on my baseball team and he passed from a glioma brain tumor several years back near christmastime. Just devastating. He was also heavily medicated but on one of his last days when awakened he was asked what he wanted for Xmas. He said he wanted a brother. He passed shortly thereafter and although my friend is older and his wife had previous difficulty with conception, a son was born a year and a half later, and could be his twin. Every time I see him I tear up and smile at the same time. I can't offer any words of wisdom as I would be powerless if my son suffered the same. Life is cruel and the hurt will lessen with time, as it did for my friend. Lean on someone and stay strong. pete
Posted By: kenworth_goose

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 09:24 PM

Words can't be said for how sorry I am for you and your family. I try to stay away from these posts but just couldn't stay away from this one. I'm brought to tears just thinking about your loss. If you need anything I'm here for you.

My condolences.

Robert & Sandi

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 09:45 PM

i hope this helps us all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIdRkfVtA8

godspeed owen

clem
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 09:49 PM

So sorry for the loss of your son Owen. What a fine looking young man. Praying for you and your family.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Update on Owen - 07/25/13 11:26 PM

Kevin

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 12:18 AM

Julie and Darren, I am so very sorry for
your loss. I have a Bible scripture I will post
that helped me, when my wife died of cancer in 1998. I hope and pray that GOD'S own inspired words will comfort you as well.

1 Corinthians 15:54-58

"When the perishable has been clothed with the
imperishable, and the mortal with immortality,
then the saying that is written will come true:
" Death has been swallowed up in victory ".

" Where,O death is your victory?
Where,O death is your sting?"
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to GOD! HE gives us the
victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST!
Therefore, my dear brothers,stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to
the work of the LORD,because you know that your
labor in the LORD is not in vain."

Owen's eternal spirit is very much alive.And it's my feeling he's resting peacefully in JESUS' arms right at this very moment. And I'm sure he is smiling down on you both. May GOD bless you and give you strength always.

Paul
Posted By: Eric

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 12:34 AM

I'm so sorry it took me this long to find and reply to this thread. I can't fathom what you and your family are going through and really don't know what I could type to ease your pain. The video of you and your son touch me so that I wish I had a child of my own to hug and squeeze right now. I'm crying rather uncontrollably right now.

God bless you and your family...I'm sure Owen is at peace right now looking over his daddy's shoulder.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 12:49 AM

So sorry for your loss thanks for sharing him with us
Posted By: zzyzxpat

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 02:52 AM

I have no words that would help you. I really don't know what to say. I'm sorry, so sorry. You have a beautiful son.

Pat
Posted By: 3twos

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 03:12 AM

We share your sorrow and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 03:24 AM

Very sorry for your loss.

Posted By: Hailtheleaf538

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 04:10 AM

Like everyone else, I am so sorry for your loss; but I admire the stoic manner in which you conducted yourself, and the way you shared your story with everyone here. I hope maybe you can take some comfort in knowing that your son obviously touched many people's lives here. Hopefully by making people more aware of St. jude's and the great service they do. A buddy of mine at work, his son passed away a couple of years ago at St. Jude's from Leukemia. Was 19. I remember how good St. Jude's was to Rick and his family. Even though he ultimately lost his battle as well, they made it so much easier on the family to deal with........

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/obit/31259/justin-laws

I know sometimes people are skeptical of some charities , where the money goes and such. I am no different. Regardless of what your beliefs are people, if you can donate to St. Jude's, you can be assured that your money will go to help a great cause.... and hopefully one day, a major breakthrough in cancer research.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 04:39 AM

There have already been major advances in treating certain cancers because of St Jude's research. I'm not sure the exact type, but one form of Leukemia had a 5% survival rate 30 years ago. Now the survival rate is 95%. Hopefully the donation of Owen's tumor cells can increase the survival rate of kids with Medulloblastoma.

I'm going to call the social worker at St Jude tomorrow and ask her if there is a way to make sure donations in Owen's name go to medulloblastoma research instead of into a general fund.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 04:52 AM

I am so saddened to get this news Darren.
God bless you and your family.

Tucker, Kathy and Phil
Posted By: Redbird

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 05:02 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 05:23 AM

.... you sir are a very strong man....
Posted By: 67RT

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 06:00 AM

I am so sorry for the loss you and your wife are going through. The poise and strength you have shown by sharing your son's story with us is remarkable. Your boy is lucky to have such a caring and strong dad. Best wishes to your family.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 12:34 PM

I hope its a comfort for you,and your family,to know Christ has owen in his arm,and owen is painless and full of smiles.i cannot imagine the pain that losing a child must be,but I will pray for all of you,for comfort,and peace.please know you done your best,and know he is in a better place...mike
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 12:40 PM

I wish I had something to say that would help. My thoughts are with you.
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: Update on Owen - 07/26/13 12:43 PM

May God bless your family and comfort you in this trying time. Rest in peace, Owen.
Posted By: Scotts72Rallye

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 12:45 AM

You sir are a strong man..... again, our condolences.. every second counts!

My deepest condolences.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 02:27 AM

I am really sorry to hear this sad news. We just got home. RIP,Owen...
Posted By: gts340swinger

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 03:10 AM

I hesitated to click on this post again because I feared this was the reason it was a sticky.

I am very sorry to hear about Owen. He was a beautiful boy and you should be proud. Godspeed little one.
My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
Posted By: JRepucci

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 05:25 AM

My condolences
Posted By: Snooker

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 10:10 AM

Darren, you and your family are in our prayers - We hope there is some comfort in knowing Owen is with God and without pain

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 04:10 PM

Thinking of you as you celebrate Owens life!
Posted By: sendero

Re: Update on Owen - 07/27/13 05:33 PM

Since I have no words and my thoughts mangled. this movie scene expresses my sentiments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcqLPalcpXk

May God comfort your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 02:56 AM

The past two days have been rough but we got through them. Owen looked great...he looked peaceful. The funeral home did a great job with him. I've seen people who didn't look like themselves...Owen looked like the little boy I'll always remember.

My brother recorded himself singing "My Grandfather's Clock"(Owen's favorite bed time song I used to sing him)and it was played at the funeral. Somehow my sister was able to stand up infront of everyone and give a very moving speech.

The cemetery was an hour and a half drive from our home. It's a very old, very small cemetery that sits ontop of a hill out in the country surrounded by corn fields. My grandparents and great grandparents are also buried there. If you look miles away on the horizon, you'll see a grove of tall pine trees. That is where my wife's father is buried.(he died of cancer when she was only three years old)

I was one of the pallbearers. As his dad, I thought it was my responcibility to make sure he got to his final resting place safely. I watched as the casket was placed in the vault and it was lowered into the ground. I've never watched that before but thought I needed to be there and see it.

I feel that I've overstepped the boundaries of a car site. I was devastated when we found out about his brain tumor and needed to vent. I had no idea that Owen would be adopted by hundreds of car guys and gals that never had the chance to meet him. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
Posted By: moparcanuk

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 03:12 AM

We are a family here on Moparts and share your grief. My very sincere condolences.
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 03:16 AM

Sorry to hear and sorry for your loss.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 03:20 AM

You did not over step anything so don't ever think that.
Peace be with you and your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 03:32 AM

Darren...Saw it in the Waterloo paper when I got home...

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 04:00 AM

Darren, I just want to say how much I admire you for the strength you have shown, and the grace with which you have handled this most tragic event that could ever happen to a parent. We will all be right here as you continue through the grief of Owens' passing. Lean on us anytime you need to, and please don't ever feel like you're overstepping. It sounds like your family is strong and supportive, but your Moparts family will continue to pray for strength and healing for you and your family.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 04:04 AM

Darren, you shared an important chapter of your life with us. Not many have the courage to do so. There are a few of us on MOPARTS who can directly relate with you. I hope I speak for the masses here when I say I feel like MOPARTS is a LOT more than just a car site. It is home and family, as well.

Thank you for sharing your final call as Owen's father with us, as well. I, for one, feel it is an important part of closure - I am sure many others here do/will, as well.

Peace be with you...

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 04:58 AM

Quote:

Darren, you shared an important chapter of your life with us. Not many have the courage to do so. There are a few of us on MOPARTS who can directly relate with you. I hope I speak for the masses here when I say I feel like MOPARTS is a LOT more than just a car site. It is home and family, as well.

Thank you for sharing your final call as Owen's father with us, as well. I, for one, feel it is an important part of closure - I am sure many others here do/will, as well.

Peace be with you...

I agree..very well said.

I was thinking of you guys earlier today...

All the best,

Jason
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 06:04 AM

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. I'm sitting here crying for you, as I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose my daughter.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 06:53 AM

Very respectable thing you did. I know I'd more than likely not been able to do that. I will say I never in my wildest dreams thought I could stand up at my moms prayer service as well as funeral and talk from the heart but I did. I think when we lose a loved one we go through tough sad times but sometimes our loved ones fill us with courage and that's what gets us through things. You will notice Owen a lot in your everyday life going forward. There will be signs that you will just feel in your bones he's talking to you. There will be times of pure joy and happiness as well as sorrow that will just come on. It will be Owen feeling things through you. Cherish these moments. I remember after mom passed away I was sitting out front if her house. All by my myself no wind dead calm. I talked out loud to her and asked for a sign she was ok. At that moment I got this chill and a rush of air past me. Trees all stayed still. I believe in my heart it was her. So not to be taking any light away from
Owen but please take the time to notice these little signs he will pass your way. And by all means thank you for letting us adopt Owen. By no means where you ever crossing any lines. Thank you for bringing him to us.

Corey
Posted By: Snooker

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 09:08 AM

Quote:

Peace be with you...

Well said, and Amen

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 12:54 PM

Darren
Don't you worry about anything near "overstepping". We are all very saddened over your loss. And there is no way that anyone can possibly be offended by your postings. When it is time please know we are here for anything you want to talk about.
Kevin

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 01:03 PM

Quote:

Peace be with you...

Darren - Perry's words here are the perfect summation to what has been a family tragedy. Prayers for strength and healing to you and yours continue to come.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 01:25 PM

It's a car site, and that's brought us all together. We share events in our lives taking it beyond the cars and helping us become more like a family. Like all families we have our disagreements and disputes, but also like all families, we come to the aid of others in need.
Darren, you have had a positive impact on all of us and how we view our own minor frustrations in life. Thank You for sharing your story, it definitely will affect the way I look at life's situations.
Jim

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 01:49 PM

Im so sorry for your loss! In time youll be able to smile at all of your memories of your little boy!
Posted By: BS27R1B

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 07:48 PM

We are very sorry for your loss.
No parent should have to endure the fight and loss.
Our thoughts are with you, your family and Owen.
We can all help keep up the search for a cure.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 08:38 PM

Don't get on much but I am at a loss for words.

Sorry for your loss just doesn't seem enough, to cover it.

Kids should be exempt from this kind of pain and suffering.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: Update on Owen - 07/28/13 09:33 PM

My sincere sympathy. Keep the memories of him in your hearts, remember all the things he did and said, the way he smelled, the way he felt - and he'll never be truly gone.
Best,
- Art

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 04:58 AM

That was very touching, you are a great Dad and you showed Owen what true love is.
Posted By: NewbombTurkk

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 01:35 PM

This thread has affected me....I have two pre-teen girls and have always been a very involved dad...anyway this fall I was going to treat myself to a dad-trip to the fall Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, TN, since I haven't been there for several years....

After reading about this I canceled my reservations and instead am using the funds to take the family to Splash Country for a final summer get-together......hang in there and may God bless you.....
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 04:40 PM

been out of town and had a chance to look in this morning. I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: moparts

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 06:16 PM

Donations In Memory of Owen

St. Jude's Donation Page

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 07:03 PM

Tom

Will this be in Owens name from moparts members?
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 07:07 PM

Quote:

Tom

Will this be in Owens name from moparts members?

It's up to each individual who donates to enter Owen's name if they choose to do so. There's a sticky thread with the donation link as well.

Re: Update on Owen - 07/29/13 07:09 PM

Thanks seen that after I posted in this one. Been focused on checking update posts 1st thing on here.
© 2024 Moparts Forums