Moparts

More pics from Gary's funeral

Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:13 PM

Here are some more pics for all that couldn't be there.

Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:22 PM

Thanks,

I've been thinking about it all day.

Rick.
Posted By: BADBEE

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:28 PM

That flag draped coffin really got to me.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:28 PM

Thanks for helping some of us be there that couldn't
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:29 PM

Thanks from us who could not attend!!!!!
diego
Posted By: 3twos

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:41 PM

We were certainly there in spirit as I am sure hundreds of others were as well.Too far for us to be there so thanks for sharing the pic's.Have been waiting all day for them.

Posted By: Silver70

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 08:58 PM

Thanks... I haven't been able to work on my car without thinking of him. Just can't imagine what it'd be like if I would have really known him!
Posted By: HemiDave

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 09:01 PM

Thanks for the pics. Very touching. Thanks to all the Moparts members that attended in our place!

Dave
Posted By: egros

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 09:16 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Posted By: bryansgarage

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 09:38 PM

Thank you. I have been thinking of Gary all day!
God speed, Gary.
Posted By: VanishingPt 2009

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 09:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks... I haven't been able to work on my car without thinking of him. Just can't imagine what it'd be like if I would have really known him!

My sentiments EXACTLY - I worked on the car all day Saturday,and Gary, his family and friends were all I could think about.... I will continue to pray for them. I doubt that there will EVER be a time when working on, or using my cars that I wont think of this man who I only knew through cyberspace = I never had any interaction with him personaly .. yet I always regarded him as a true believer, a gentleman, and a perfect moderator for a forum like this... I could just sence it in the way he conducted himself in his posts and replies. I am sure he was just as stellar in every facet of his life. Yep I would say he left a positive mark on the world . God bless you Gary and may God bless your family as well
Posted By: codfish

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 10:00 PM

Quote:

Thanks from us who could not attend!!!!!
diego

Thanks indeed. RIP Gary.

codfish
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 10:38 PM

Thanks Pat, I dont do well at funeral's
Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 10:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks Pat, I dont do well at funeral's

You would've had a lot of support, brother.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 11:00 PM

I'm proud to have been there, to be associated with a group of people like this, and especially proud to have known Gary.

Thanks Pat.
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 11:08 PM

Thank you also.
Posted By: mopar_man

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 11:18 PM

Thanks for the pics , even though i'm up here in Newfoundland and i didn't know Gary personally, he was on my mind all day as i drove my dump truck. Its times like these that we realize how stong our Moparts bonds are.
I know he is at peace knowing how many friends he really had .
Posted By: Darrell

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 11:20 PM

Thanks for sharing Pat!!

Post deleted by moparts - 05/17/04 11:43 PM

Posted By: cal_gecko

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/17/04 11:52 PM

Thanks for sharing. Police funerals are gut-wrenching. A friend of mine (Sacramento Sherriff) was killed in the line of duty about 8 years ago when she was responding to a call for back up, and a drunk driver in a huge Ford pick up pulled out in front of her (as he was leaving the liquor store!), she t-boned him at about 70mph... I went to the funeral at the Capitol building.. it was so emotionally draining I couldn't believe it.

Gary - thanks for your contributions to society, Moparts, and the friends who had never even met you.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:05 AM

Thanks for the pics. I was there in spirit.
Posted By: pro_street_dart

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:18 AM

Thanks for sharing. I too was thinking about the funeral all day.
Posted By: todd440

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:19 AM

This picture wasn't at the funeral, but was on the way to it. I deceided to take the back way to the funeral, country roads, and through Gary's home town. There were billboards and signs everywhere, for Gary and his family. This pic actually has "moparts.com" on the sign. I was a mess before I even got to the church.

Attached picture 899028-MVC-001S.JPG
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:26 AM

Thanks for the pics. I was on the roof of my new shop, putting down the roof sheeting, thinking that they were playing taps at around that time. I just sat on the peak of the roof with the wind blowing me around for about 20 minutes. I know what cop funerals are like, have been to many.
I just kind of sat up there and staired East and wished I could have been there. Thanks for being there for us.

LAWFISH/ Nevada Dave/ Badge # 176/ DCSO 20 plus years.

Posted By: scamp1972

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:29 AM

Thanks for the Pic Todd that was nice of them people.

Charlie

Post deleted by moparts - 05/18/04 12:30 AM

Posted By: BigTerry

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:45 AM

Yes ! thank for the pictures 1bad! hope everyone have a safe ride home the weather look bad in some regions up there. RIP Gary!
Posted By: DARTROD

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:45 AM

Thanx Pat,for all the pic's, and thanx to to Todd for showing us some of the town's support.
Posted By: GTX4spd

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 01:35 AM

Thanks. That's all I can say.....................

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 01:51 AM

thanks guy's and gal's of moparts,what a tribute to a fine young man,I'm sure his family appreciates all the support,,Like most here,I only knew Gary,for a few years, from Moparts and some other boards,but his home was Moparts!,and all the member's here have done a terrific job,in this time of great loss,I couldn't believe the many folk's that showed up today,(nice pics 1Bad),at the funeral,,,what a great friend, he was to all of us,,I think he would be in awe,and very proud of the moparts members,I'm glad he got the honorable funeral that he deserved,very touching,........."Goodbye Friend,it's OK now,,,there are a few good Mopar men up there,in heaven, waiting to "talk shop" with ya'!!!!"
Posted By: PlumCrazy73Dodge

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 01:58 AM

thanks man, thats very touching, indeed a sight to see, the moparts representation looked awesome, I wish I could have attended. Mike
Posted By: Xlr8us Rapidus

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 02:09 AM

Quote:

Thank you to everyone who went and showed support for Gary and his family. I wish I had been able to go. Reading these posts is tough, but it's also very reassuring to know how many great people there are here.

This is exactly how I feel.
Posted By: Paul_B

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 02:50 AM

Thanks for the pics. I'm speachless after seeing that.
Posted By: POZEST

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 06:39 AM

Pat, Thanks for the pics.
Posted By: Slider

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:23 PM

I attended the funeral as well. I snapped some photos to share with everyone here like Pat. I don't mean to hi-jack the post, but I thought they'd fit better here, all in one place.

Attached picture 899871-100_0426.JPG

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:29 PM

Another pic.

Attached picture 899880-100_0422.JPG

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:31 PM

One more. (Sorry they are so big.)

edit:

I have more pics that I will be posting, as well as telling a little more about my perspective. I don't have the time I need to put it into the right words right now. Please check back later today.

Attached picture 899882-100_0434.JPG
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 12:53 PM

Quote:

I'm proud to have been there, to be associated with a group of people like this, and especially proud to have known Gary.

Thanks Pat.

Ditto here too.

Dunno what else to say.............

other than my wife & I were honored to attend and it has been a long hard 3 days.

And ALL the Moparts members that attended were nothing short of a class act. There was a great group of people there that I will always repect for their care, consideration & humanity.

Dean

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 01:15 PM

Thanks for the pics.
Posted By: peelerboy

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 03:10 PM

Here's some that I took. Following Dave Dudek's car... but at no one point could I see the actual beginning or end of the procession's line-up. It was simply waaaaaay too long. ALL the cars in the right lane in front of me (as far as you can see in the pic) were in the procession. It was very impressive to say the least.

Dale

Attached picture 900123-procession.jpg

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 03:11 PM

And via my side view mirror... as far as you can see again, it was ALL procession cars/vehicles.

Attached picture 900126-procession2.jpg

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 03:14 PM

Here's Russ getting out of Gary's car to go in to the wake/luncheon. (a VERY nice affair, by the way)

Attached picture 900134-carinfront.jpg

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 03:16 PM

I couldn't get it all in, but here's some of the cool stuff they had set up at the entrance to the luncheon facility. It was all super planned and professional.

Attached picture 900138-entrance.jpg
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 03:17 PM

Looks like it was a beautiful funeral. I wish I was there to pay my last respects.

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/18/04 04:12 PM

Posted By: abodykid

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 04:24 PM

It looks like they put together a first class affair. I wish I could have been there but a death in my family was at the same time. You were first class all the way Gary.
Posted By: 69HemiGTX

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 04:25 PM

I don't think I could have gone through another funeral after my father died a few months ago, but it's nice to see such a large turnout. What a gorgeous day for a beautiful service. People don't ever grasp the scope of their influence while they're here. Only their family and friends get to witness it after they are gone. I never met Gary, but it's obvious that he was a great person just by these pics and from my few conversations with him. Bad people don't have many friends. I'm sure Gary was pleased to see all that vintage iron rumblin' down the road. Knowing him, he was figuring out how much horsepower was on the road all at once. God speed, Gary. You will be missed, brother.

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 04:53 PM

Yes, deffinetly a big thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 05:07 PM

Dale,

Thanks for the latest ones. The newspaper articles said 5 - 6 mile procession of cars, that's a lot of love.

Rick.

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 05:31 PM

Hey, no sweat. A special thanks should be extended to Pat for taking some really good ones at the cemetary service. I couldn't get my sh*t together long enough to do it. I was up and down and up and down and spent most of my energy concentrating on not blubbering away. It was rough. There was so much support and respect laid down yesterday that I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Attached is one of Gary and his best buddy Russ at the Woodward Dream Cruise `02. I'm still struggling with this guy's loss, but will sorta' get over it in time. (I hope!) Sorry about the big pic, but it loses too much if I shrink it down due to it being shot at 9:30pm at night.

Peace be with you Gary, Nikki and everyone that cared.

Dale

Attached picture 900409-garyrusswdwrd.jpg
Posted By: Nupe

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 05:32 PM

Thanks for all the pics for those who couldn't attend! Looked like an amazing service...
Posted By: Slingshot

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 05:43 PM

Thanks for the pictures! My thoughts have been with him since the news broke, even though I didn't know him, other than from here on the board. Still don't know what to say...

Mark

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 08:25 PM

The Challenger sitting there reminds me of a horse waiting for it's master to return.

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/18/04 08:28 PM

Quote:

The Challenger sitting there reminds me of a horse waiting for it's master to return.

yeah thats what i thought when i saw it too.
Posted By: Burkenator

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 01:46 AM

Thanks for sharing. It means a lot for those of us that couldn't be there.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 01:46 AM

another big thank you for all the pictures. CHIP

Post deleted by moparts - 05/19/04 01:50 AM

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 02:42 AM

Quote:

Those are great pictures of the procession Dale, and also thank you for the Donut Cutter pictures from last year.

Mike

Totally my pleasure, Mike.

Dale
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 04:45 AM

just another big thank you for the pics and the members who were able to attend,my thoughts have been about Gary and with his family and friends since that fateful morning. Rest in Peace Gary,my prayers to nikki and friends. Darren Dearth

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 05:10 AM

Heres a few pics .

Attached picture 901786-Picture 012a.jpg

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 05:18 AM

Attached picture 901792-Picture 015c.jpg

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 10:51 AM

Quote:

Could someone please put names with faces?

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 12:47 PM

Quote:

looks like that to me too. thanks for the pics for those of us who couldn't be there. wish i were closer.
Posted By: JackGTX440

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 01:54 PM

I have a bunch of pictures from Monday, I will try to post them tonight when I get home from work. I am having a bit of a problem with my picture host, so I may have to post them as attachments.
Posted By: BBR

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 03:24 PM

Quote:

I though a similar thing about Gary's car following the hearse... kinda like a fallen cavalryman's horse following the caisson....

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 08:03 PM

Thanks for the pics. Wish I could of been there

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 08:56 PM

Thanks for the pics, Very impressive showing by all!.
Posted By: 6pkrunner

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 10:28 PM

Thanks for the pictures. By the sheer number in attendance it is clear to see how many he touched.
Posted By: 383man

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/19/04 11:49 PM

That is truely awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics with us who could not be there. Ron
Posted By: BigTerry

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/20/04 01:51 AM

they call that the "riderless horse or the fallen soldlier" I think they usually reserve that for high ranking miltary or the President funeral it still very touching. I wish Russ could have taken gary car and done one last burnout for it driver.I get a shiver just thinking about it...

thank for all the pictures everyone!
Posted By: jamesc

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/20/04 02:52 AM

to be honest i'm the guy that's laughing and joking around at funerals. no they're not ment to be festive events but the somber atmosphere often does not reflect the person that is the reason for them. seeing the tremendous outpouring of this funeral makes me think of the old "Why do they throw the biggest party on the day they know you can't attend".

some of the pics make it look more like a car show...something that i'm sure would make Gary smile.
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/20/04 03:43 AM

Thanks to all who took photos for those of us who couldnt attend.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: More pics from Gary's funeral - 05/20/04 04:07 AM

That looked like a really good funeral/car show. That's the way I would like to be remembered, as a true enthusiast. As a tribute to him they should put his car in a museum or something. After someone put so much of himself into this hobby, I know I would feel guilty driving his car. Losing a loved one, especially like this is a shock to anyone, I just wish I could have been there with my car in the procession.
© 2024 Moparts Forums