Moparts

Interior Is Done!

Posted By: rexus31

Interior Is Done! - 05/30/10 02:24 PM

All that's left now are the hupcaps and top boot.

Some Before and After shots:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Posted By: Scott Carl

Re: Interior Is Done! - 05/30/10 02:30 PM

VERY nice!.....Uh, your question was....?
Or did I answer it?

Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Interior Is Done! - 05/30/10 02:33 PM

Re: Interior Is Done! - 05/30/10 02:33 PM

Quote:

Or did I answer it?

Ooops! I thought I clicked on the Restoraton Forum. Sorry guys.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Interior Is Done! - 05/30/10 04:40 PM

Very nice
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Interior Is Done! - 05/30/10 04:48 PM

Most people have never tackled the restoration of a non main stream interior like a C-body, probably one of the most challenging and time consuming projects one could take on. You did a FINE JOB my man!
Posted By: Scott Carl

Re: Interior Is Done! - 05/31/10 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Or did I answer it?

Ooops! I thought I clicked on the Restoraton Forum. Sorry guys.

No, I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist But seriously, I hope I can do half as nice a job on mine and mine isn't half as bad as your "before" pic. The "after" is !!!
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/01/10 02:15 AM

Thats just beautiful! Very well done. Just makes you want to sit in it and go for a cruise.

Sheldon
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/01/10 12:48 PM

Quote:

Most people have never tackled the restoration of a non main stream interior like a C-body, probably one of the most challenging and time consuming projects one could take on. You did a FINE JOB my man!

w/ Scott. Getting that interior to level you have done it takes a lot of time and money. Things aren't as easy to buy or redo. That thing looks INCREDIBLE!

One question, did you add the clock? Doesn't look present in the one before photo of the dash.

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/01/10 02:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

w/ Scott. Getting that interior to level you have done it takes a lot of time and money. Things aren't as easy to buy or redo. That thing looks INCREDIBLE!

One question, did you add the clock? Doesn't look present in the one before photo of the dash.

Thanks. The restoration was a little trying at times. Luckily, the car was pretty much all there and rust free (sitting with the top down in Nevada since 1980 helped) so I had a good starting point. I added the Clock and Map Light. It's weird to me that the car didn't come with these as it is very highly optioned; power windows and vents, power seats, reclining passenger seat, tilt column, A/C, AM/FM radio and remote trunk release.
Posted By: deansrr

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/01/10 07:08 PM

really nice looking, great job

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/02/10 04:32 AM

More photos profiling the restoration here: http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/rexus31/
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/02/10 01:17 PM

Beautiful burgundy interior, and workmanship

logan426

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/04/10 02:27 AM

I installed the top boot today. I was a little apprehensive becasue I had to install each snap fastener one at a time. I was going to have a shop do it but I decided to do it myself. I think it came out pretty good.

Posted By: Darius

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/04/10 05:19 PM

DUDE!!!!
Spectacular job!
Posted By: StrokedDart

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/16/10 06:16 PM

Amazing!!
Posted By: DAYLEYCHALLENGER

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/19/10 07:00 PM

I cannot believe the before and after....You did a great job. Are you in the restoration business?.......If not, you should be.

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/20/10 02:58 PM

Thank you for the compliments. No, I'm not in the business, just a hobbyist.

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/20/10 03:03 PM

Here are some additional shots of the entire car. Note: I'm still restoring the hubcaps.

Posted By: wedgeheaded

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/20/10 05:37 PM

If I could pick any C body to own in any model year and any color combo, what I'd pick is what you're driving. Beautiful car. It screams class.
Posted By: Finoke

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/20/10 08:38 PM

Awesome! I mean really Awesome! Great attention to detail

Re: Interior Is Done! - 06/20/10 09:08 PM

Engine Bay and Trunk:

© 2024 Moparts Forums