Moparts

71 cuda off to the frame shop

Posted By: Prodart440

71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/04/10 04:45 AM

Well, I finally got the car stripped down and took it to the frame shop. Basically the roof, and everything behind the doors needs to be replaced. I should have it back in a couple of months.

Attached picture 5780841-mopartscuda.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/04/10 04:50 AM

Man, your son doesn't know how fortunate he was!

I hope you remind him.....REPEATEDLY!
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/04/10 06:44 AM

Keep the bashed up body parts you remove and hang them on the shop wall like art to keep his memory fresh

Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/06/10 04:43 AM

Quote:

Keep the bashed up body parts you remove and hang them on the shop wall like art to keep his memory fresh

The heck with that, hang them in his bedroom.

Good luck with it.
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/06/10 02:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would have hung him on the Wall...JK

Good luck with it.

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/07/10 06:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck with it.

Thanks.

I found a giant nut (the kind they bolt street lights down with) at the scene of the destruction and put it in his room. It is sitting right on his TV, and every time he sees it he thinks about that night. The dash is on a shelf in his room for him to see too.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/07/10 07:04 PM

Quote:

Keep the bashed up body parts you remove and hang them on the shop wall like art to keep his memory fresh.

Quote:

Good idea! Right next to where you stapled his balls to the wall

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/07/10 11:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Keep the bashed up body parts you remove and hang them on the shop wall like art to keep his memory fresh.

Quote:

I would love to have. But he is a good kid that made a mistake. Heck he just got a full ride scholorship to an expensive local school here. I am proud of him still!!!!

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/07/10 11:53 PM

This kind of hits home for me as I endoed and barrel rolled a '67 IHC Scout 800A when I was 15.

My dad and I had worked on it as a father/son project for 3 years (bought when I was 12).

We re-arched the springs, did some frontend work on it and found a half-top for it and had it painted.

It was really cool and I was devastated when I wrecked it.

Dad calmly reminded me that it was just a bucket of bolts and we could replace it but he couldn't replace me!

I've never seen my dad so white and drained looking as when he saw it lying upside down in a wadded up little ball after the crash.
Posted By: moopa

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/08/10 01:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would love to have. But he is a good kid that made a mistake. Heck he just got a full ride scholorship to an expensive local school here. I am proud of him still!!!!

I'm proud of how you handled this situation, on such a delicate matter, how you handled this may well have saved your relation ship between you and him and possibly,your family...all of which is more valuable than any car.I've seen more costly and damaging mistakes made without costing a cent.
Thanks for sharing this struggle you have endured, maybe we can all learn from this, and I hope you get that car back together!
Mark

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/08/10 05:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm proud of how you handled this situation, on such a delicate matter, how you handled this may well have saved your relation ship between you and him and possibly,your family...all of which is more valuable than any car.I've seen more costly and damaging mistakes made without costing a cent.
Thanks for sharing this struggle you have endured, maybe we can all learn from this, and I hope you get that car back together!
Mark

Well said and I agree 100%
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/13/10 10:15 PM

Hey I seen your car on a trailer last week going north on 27th Ave just north of Thomas Rd.

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 02/14/10 05:54 AM

Yep. I had to deliver some transmission parts to a shop, and then took the car to the frame shop.

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop **updated** - 05/21/10 09:05 PM

The shop has FINALLY started to do the work on the car. Here are a couple of pictures. He thinks sometime in late June, early July I might have it back!!!

Attached picture 5995677-Mopartscudafix.JPG

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 05/21/10 09:06 PM

Another...

Attached picture 5995681-mopartscudafix1.JPG
Posted By: BloFish

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 05/21/10 11:11 PM

Just curious... is it going to end up with a salvaged title?
Posted By: plumcrazy704406

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 05/21/10 11:24 PM

I missed the original thread. can I ask who is insurance covering repairs?

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 05/23/10 04:18 AM

Quote:

Just curious... is it going to end up with a salvaged title?

No. It will not have a salvaged title.

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 05/23/10 04:20 AM

Quote:

I missed the original thread. can I ask who is insurance covering repairs?

Hagerty. They worked with me VERY GOOD!!!

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 08/30/10 07:02 PM

I finally have a couple more pictures to post. It is coming along. He is using all AMD parts, and they seem to fit well, not perfect, but they work.

Attached picture 6167174-Mopartscuda3.JPG

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 08/30/10 07:03 PM

Another.

Attached picture 6167175-Mopartscuda4.JPG

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 08/30/10 07:04 PM

Last one for now.

Attached picture 6167178-Mopartscuda5.JPG
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 08/30/10 10:57 PM

Aaron,Your making great progress! It's starting to look like a Cuda again!

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 08/31/10 03:27 PM

Quote:

Aaron,Your making great progress! It's starting to look like a Cuda again!

Thanks!! I wish I could take any of the credit for the car. The shop it is at is AWSOME at what he does. I have some pictures of it when you couldn't even tell what it was...no outer roof, no quarters, nothing further back than the dutchman panel. It was ugly, like it would never look like a car again. I just can't wait to get it back to my house and start putting it all back together again.

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/06/10 05:46 AM

I finally got my car back on Friday (12-3-10) Here are a couple of pictures. Now to get it sealed, primed, and put back together. Paint has to wait for now, not enough funds!!

Attached picture 6340890-cudaback.JPG

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/06/10 05:48 AM

another...The car looks very good. AMD parts fit well, not perfect, but it is 100 times better than it was.

Attached picture 6340892-cudaback2.JPG
Posted By: 68427vette

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/06/10 02:41 PM

i'm curious?

if hagerty work so well with you, how come,

"Paint has to wait for now, not enough funds!!"

????

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/06/10 03:05 PM

Quote:

i'm curious?

if hagerty work so well with you, how come,

"Paint has to wait for now, not enough funds!!"

????

Because they wanted to total it based on what I had it insured for. I convinced them that it was worth not totalling it. They covered the cost to get the car where it is now, and I have to cover the rest.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/06/10 06:05 PM

It looks good Aaron! I'd blend the quarter seams,shoot some sealer on it,and give it a coat of hot rod black for now and reassemble it. That way you could drive it until your ready to finish the body and paint. 71 Cudas look sinister in black.

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/06/10 06:35 PM

Unfortunately the only parts to get primer will be the parts that got replaced. The fenders and doors need some work before they are worthy.
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: 71 cuda off to the frame shop - 12/13/10 03:49 AM

Good to see another E-body saved ,especially a 71
© 2024 Moparts Forums