Moparts

1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!!

Posted By: Edison62

1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/07/14 06:10 AM

So guys/gals.... just purchased this 1970 Coronet 500 4 door. We will be heading down to the Mass./Rhode Island state line to bring it to it's new home in Halifax....should have it back here around the third week of Oct.

Already have new washer bottle, dual chrome mirrors, fender turn signals, under hood clip set, under hood insulation, dual exhaust tip's (2.50"), two exhaust tip hangers, headrest chrome trim, gold Pentastar fender emblem and antenna!!! Seller states it will need the bottom of both quarters done so I'll order them soon.

Body and paint in the spring....can your say "daily driver".....!!!

Bryan

Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/07/14 06:51 AM

That's sweet!!! How did you find it?
Posted By: cdstl

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/07/14 02:42 PM

My grandparent's car, exactly. I was 5 or 6 and thought that grill looked like my grandma's glasses.

Good score
Posted By: cdoublejj

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/07/14 10:13 PM

WOAH!!! Trippy. it's like my R/T but, a 4 door.
Posted By: desotoman

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 12:24 AM

nice
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 02:33 AM

Body and Paint? Is it not as good as it looks in the photos?

Sheldon

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 02:45 AM

Quote:

Body and Paint? Is it not as good as it looks in the photos?

Sheldon

...seller stated that the bottom of one quarter panel and in front on one rear wheels needs some attention. The car was repainted once some years ago and isn't the correct F-8 green so I want to bring it back to that....

@ Dave... a friend found it for sale on Craiglist and posted it on the 1970 Dodge Coronet page on Facebook. I was looking for a 4 door or wagon and this one fit the bill!

Bryan.
Posted By: pettyblue440

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 04:23 AM

Cool car. I saw its twin get parted at Carlisle this year (I don't think it was a 500 though).
Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 06:10 AM

Bryan, looks like it's missing the "500" hood beak emblem?

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 01:18 PM

Quote:

Bryan, looks like it's missing the "500" hood beak emblem?

Here's a better pic Dave....

Bryan.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/08/14 05:17 PM

Quote:

Cool car. I saw its twin get parted at Carlisle this year (I don't think it was a 500 though).

Didn't we all Jon... That was a crying shame.
Posted By: Lugnutz

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/13/14 04:05 PM

Hey Brian............did you have to go through the new process for bringing a car back into Canada??? Am curious to see how onerous it is.

Nice car by the way, love 4 doors, especially wagons.

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/14/14 03:26 AM

Quote:

Hey Brian............did you have to go through the new process for bringing a car back into Canada??? Am curious to see how onerous it is.

Nice car by the way, love 4 doors, especially wagons.

I was required to go through the "New" process for the Coronet. I can only 1/2 answer you tho as I haven't gotten the car home yet..........

I did need an ITN # and got one through a CDN Broker at a cost of $50.00 + tax. I needed the title #, the sellers' info, selling price.... my name and address and the approx date I'd be exporting it from the USA to get it. I then needed to email the USA border crossing with my full name, the ITN # and the VIN of the car.

So I'm travelling down to get it on the 22nd of this month....I'll update as I get go through the process...

Wish me luck....lol!

Bryan.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/14/14 03:40 AM

If anything goes amiss you can leave it at my place.
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/16/14 07:23 PM

Congrats and good luck with the trip down and the trip back!

I saw that car on Craigslist here in MA, I believe, I thought it looked like a nice car, I just don't have the storage for any other B Bodies and I keep spending my money on my 69 Satellite wagon, so I never have it for other cars.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 10/18/14 06:22 AM

Tnx for all the + comments.

I've purchased the following...4 new door handles, new antenna, two new outside chrome mirrors, new fender turn signals, new windshield washer container, new chrome exhaust tips & hangers (it's getting 2.5" duals) & new under hood insulation kit! Also, the 15" steel wheels I had on the Super Bee are going to be repainted F-8 green and the redline dog dish hubcaps and white wall tires will be replacing the stock 14"'s on it now. The rear springs will get rearched and under the hood cleaned and detailed. I have a spare trim piece for the front valance as well as a spare set of grilles to replace the broken one on the right side...........

Bryan.

Attached picture 8304011-IMG_0017.JPG

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/07/14 05:56 AM

..to Rhode Island and return..! 32 hours travel down and back including loading time, fuel stops and border crossing.

Home safe and sound.....
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/07/14 06:38 AM

Always nice to get them home. Looks good.

Sheldon

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/08/14 02:18 AM

Love road trips to pick up old cars but I have to ask, where do you live???? I notice the trailer has an Alberta plate or am I blind???

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/08/14 04:41 AM

Quote:

Love road trips to pick up old cars but I have to ask, where do you live???? I notice the trailer has an Alberta plate or am I blind???

Good eye, the trailer belongs to a good friend Robin McQueen (MagnumCharger)... I had it on loan. I'm located just outside of Halifax N.S.

Bryan.

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/08/14 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good eye, the trailer belongs to a good friend Robin McQueen (MagnumCharger)... I had it on loan. I'm located just outside of Halifax N.S.

Bryan.

Good I'm not blind....how was the whole IEN experience? What did you have to do and what does the seller have to do? Did you look into doing any of the IEN stuff yourself or did you go straight to a broker?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to figure out what needs to be done in case I make the bonehead decision to buy another vehicle!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/08/14 09:13 PM

You do not need a broker, just get the title or copy sent to the US customs and they do a check which takes 3 days. After it is cleared you bring the car to the US customs, they check it and then you bring the car through the Canadian customs and you will be sent in to pay the fees and then you go home. If you want to bs the Canadian customs just be fore warned that they do check where and how you bought the car. I did this three times. This all of course only if you decide to buy yourself another car.

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 11/09/14 05:35 AM

I had to get an ITN#... in order to do that I contacted a broker and gave them the title#, the sellers info (name, address etc), the selling price of the car, my name and address as well as my passport#! This was all required...

Then, once I received the ITN# (approx 24hrs) I emailed that, my name and address and phone number to the US border crossing of my choice. I then was required to wait 72 hours before exporting the car from the USA.

Once I arrived at the border I presented the automated reply email I had received from the border crossing along with my email from the broker showing my ITN#....

I was processed and through the USA border in approx 12 mins....quick and painless!

I may have been able to get the ITN# myself but for the $50.00 dollar cost and the peace of mind knowing it was done correctly it was worth it to me! I should also add that when I first inquired I was told that they will not start the 72 hours w/o an ITN# being submitted....ther was NO requirement to have any paperwork sent directly to the border crossing! I had it all in my possession.

Hope this helps...

Bryan.
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: 1970 Coronet.....here we go again.....!!! - 08/25/15 09:26 PM

So, how's it going with this one?

As a 4 door and wagon enthusiast, I want to see what it looks like now!
© 2024 Moparts Forums