Moparts

My "new" 69 superbee

Posted By: superbeeman69

My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 03:35 PM

Here's my latest I just picked up. I bought my first 69 bee in 2001 when I was 16. It was an R4, auto, N96,1 owner, rust bucket. Long story short, there wasnt a piece of metal I didn't repair or replace (pre AMD days). I ended up selling it when the metal work was complete and moving on with my Autobody career but always had a soft spot for the body style. Fast forward 11 years and I find myself the proud owner of another red 69 bee. It's a 383/column auto/3.23 8/34 car, R6 red, W1 painted roof, red bench seat interior, black stripe. Pretty basic in options especially compared to my old bee but I love odd ball color and option combos. Since the original motor and hood is gone I'm going to do a 6pak recreation. Oh yea, it's been in the same spot since 77 do all I've really gotta do is put a powertrain in it and go driving.
Posted By: 19cuda73

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 03:47 PM

Sounds like a great car. Bring on the pictures

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:06 PM

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:08 PM

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:09 PM

Posted By: mopars_1

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:13 PM

wow, that color combonation is awesome!
Posted By: 19cuda73

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:26 PM

Wow what a great find and a build sheet too. keep us posted on your progress. Time to let it see the sunlight.
Posted By: Edison62

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:41 PM

Great color combo... I'd get it together and have some fun with it.... o-ya, I'd make it a 4 speed but that's me....

Enjoy... and post some more pictures (larger ones also).

Bryan

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 04:58 PM

Thanks guys! Seeing as its missing it's bulge hood, and original motor I will be taking some liberties with the resto mainly creating an M code clone with a 512 6pak stoker but it'll stay an auto. I have a couple danas, one for the dart and one for the bee so I'll throw one of those in. Aside from a wood grain wheel and maybe a tic toc tach (undecided due to motor choice and cost of a restored or NOS tach) I'll most likely leave it as per the broadcast sheet. Pics I have so far are from my phone so when I get the car home and cleaned up I'll take some bigger and better pics.
Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/23/12 09:58 PM

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! Great find.....GREAT colors!!!! There're STILL out there to be discovered!!!! Good luck, keep us posted!!!
Posted By: basketcase

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 04/24/12 11:54 AM

awsome find!

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 12:13 AM

Been awhile, and since the car was given to me by the inlaws, it's still on the same spot until my dart sells and I can bring it home. Since then I have the pink chally, new phone/pics and some better knowledge I posting pics

I'm turning this car into a 25.3 xtreme DR car with a low deck stoker and twin T3 turbos. Now before anyone craps their pants, this isn't a numbers cars, has been robbed of a few things, rolled over to cut out the rear end and pretty well left for dead. Yes its been inside since 77 but it is what it is. A rare color combo, no option, sales bank car with FT and BS.

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 12:16 AM

I know I said I was going the 6 pak stroker route but that just seems boring now. With the pink challenger and a full out racer I have the best of both worlds.

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 12:19 AM

Before I got in there to really tidy it up and put a new diff in.

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 12:21 AM

Finally had that "feeling" with one of my own cars...first one I've ever had a sheet too and I got to "discover" it

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 12:25 AM

Rear seat is like new. Can I throw it in a sauna to bring some life back to the vinyl? I'm worried its going to come apart after sitting so long. If not no biggie, I have to recover the front seat and need carpet.

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 12:27 AM

Last one till the snow and the dart leave.

Posted By: a12superbee

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 02:45 AM

Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 12/31/12 05:41 PM

It really doesn't look terribly rusty. Just beat a lot! Cool car. '69 Bees are my first love. I just about have a deal secured on one. Sounds like it will be a sweet ride when done!

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/01/13 01:44 AM

Quote:

It really doesn't look terribly rusty. Just beat a lot! Cool car. '69 Bees are my first love. I just about have a deal secured on one. Sounds like it will be a sweet ride when done!

Nope just the lower 1/4s, small spots on the fender bottoms, typical stuff. Im not touching a thing. Im leaving it exactly the way it is expect for a good cleaning, restoring the interior and straightening roof. Ill eventually get the the outside done but i want to dial the car in first.

Yea it was definitely put away wet and beat on new so I'm not overly concerned turning into a 25.3 car. I'm keeping as much of the original steel as possible. I'm glad you've almost secured one....i know youve been looking awhile. The inlaws have several 69 coronet/bee parts cars so when you get yours, if your looking for some odds and ends make sure you PM me

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/01/13 06:17 AM

Any idea why it was tipped over to pull the rear end out of it?

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/01/13 07:24 AM

My father in law still works with the original owner. They both still work for CN rail. The original owner bought it for his wife while he was on the road with CN working. On his weeks off, he beat the crap out of it, racing, you name it. The original motor lasted a year and in went a 3832bbl. Then in 74, on a wet ride home from the bar, he lost it and put it in the ditch. His wife threatened to leave him if he drove it again so he parked it, bought something new and the rest is history. Somewhere along the line, someone needed an 83/4 so rather than jack it up, he rolled it over, cut the U bolts, took out the diff and rolled it back over. The bulge hood and bee emblems has been pilfered by then. Enter my father in law in 77 to save it from the shedder. Got it for $250 and it went into the barn beside all his other cheap scores from back in the day. And yes there are some sweet ones....but nothing with multiple carbs or wide valve covers. That's a story for another day tho so that's the life story of WM23H9A294984.....on an eery note, my first 69 bee, the one I had in high school, joined moparts with and have since sold was WM23H9A294985....yes I want it back now

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/01/13 08:36 AM

Amazing how hard these cars were treated. Tipping it over would never even cross my mind.

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/01/13 02:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nope just the lower 1/4s, small spots on the fender bottoms, typical stuff. Im not touching a thing. Im leaving it exactly the way it is expect for a good cleaning, restoring the interior and straightening roof. Ill eventually get the the outside done but i want to dial the car in first.

Yea it was definitely put away wet and beat on new so I'm not overly concerned turning into a 25.3 car. I'm keeping as much of the original steel as possible. I'm glad you've almost secured one....i know youve been looking awhile. The inlaws have several 69 coronet/bee parts cars so when you get yours, if your looking for some odds and ends make sure you PM me

Cool! My plan is the same. It has the number tranny, but no engine. The plan is to get it some, put a 383 in it, new clutch, go through the brakes, fuel system, tires, and shocks if needed(probably will). Solid car, same as yours without the roll over rear removal.(say that a cooked times fast). Lower quarters, lower fenders, rear window channel.
This weather is KILLING me, though.
Posted By: new bee

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/02/13 02:14 AM

Quote:

I'm not overly concerned turning into a 25.3 car

Hmmm.
I know it's your car to do as you please, but why not consider cutting up something like a regular Coronet and save the Bee for a proper restoration? It's a really cool car from the factory, and it's a real Super Bee.
Posted By: BleedDodge

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 01/02/13 10:53 AM

How about that blue 70 dodge sittin there ? Is that a super bee too ?

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 03/19/14 11:14 AM

Any progress on the car?
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 03/19/14 02:26 PM

Yeah, I want the 70 parked next to it, any chances its for sale?
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 03/19/14 03:16 PM

Posted By: smokes

Re: My "new" 69 superbee - 03/20/14 03:04 AM

I know it is your car and yours to with as you choose, but that car is way too cool to turn into a race car! If you are on the fence, I vote not to cut it but get it running and back on the road! Too cool of a combo to modify in my opinion.
© 2024 Moparts Forums