Moparts

440-6 Newport Vert...

Posted By: dssaa

440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/22/24 04:41 PM

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/colorado-springs-1962-newport/7739684336.html
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: 440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/22/24 11:18 PM

Id not make the trip if it were free. Not a fan of mixed parts such as that.

I do wonder about cars like that about blocks and such. In the 80-s tons of hemis and 440-6s made there way into older junk and street rods. More hemi-s at the rod shows then car shows back then.
Posted By: TJP

Re: 440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/24/24 03:09 AM

Could be a good buy, glad it's not closer beer
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: 440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/24/24 10:34 AM

inspect CLOSELLY before buying.
after seeing this pic. you can easily see the mask line on the grill.. the latches and rubber bumps stops painted i wonder what else they hacked up.
these parts are easily removed before painting. if they don't do this simple job i wonder what they did when things got difficult?

Attached picture 01616_k84Mi1hhOmR_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: 440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/24/24 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mr T2U
after seeing this pic. you can easily see the mask line on the grill.. the latches and rubber bumps stops painted i wonder what else they hacked up.
these parts are easily removed before painting. if they don't do this simple job i wonder what they did when things got difficult?

I always look for that stuff too. Anyone who cuts those corners is cutting other corners too.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/24/24 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

I always look for that stuff too. Anyone who cuts those corners is cutting other corners too.

especially if they use my "favorite" universal "bolt on" battery cable ends ! down panic whistling biggrin
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: 440-6 Newport Vert... - 04/25/24 03:45 AM

Agreed, I'd also want some good pic's of the underside and interior. up
But for 22 if it is solid rust wise might be worth it. Doesn't help I've always wanted a big Chrysler drop top frown and then there's that RESALE RED color 😁
© 2024 Moparts Forums