Moparts

340 TA parts

Posted By: Hemidavey

340 TA parts - 04/21/24 02:49 AM

I want to sell a set of TA heads, no porting, new bronze guides, excellent original valves, fresh 3 angle valve job, resurfaced includes retainer, locks and seals. Also nice set of TA rocker gear all restored. All work is being done in my machine shop, I have over 40 years experience building Hi performance Mopar engines. I don't know the value of heads alone or together. I have not seen any selling to gauge value, can you guys help?
Thank you
Dave
Dave's Hot Rod Garage
Posted By: fastmark

Re: 340 TA parts - 04/23/24 10:52 AM

Tough call really. I know my shop does really good work so it’s not cheap to rebuild these. Most people look for cheap work. I think $1500 is fair for the rockers alone. If the heads are done properly, I’d say $2500 to $3000. Now saying that, if I took my stock iron heads into my machine shop, I would not get the work done for less than $1200 at least. I like to put new valves in my heads though and have not priced them lately. Rebuilding heads is a hard sell today because of all the aluminum heads available ready to go. TA heads have a better market, though.
Posted By: MONC

Re: 340 TA parts - 04/23/24 01:49 PM

Saw a for sale post recently for a set of complete heads, ready to install for $5,000.
Not sure if that is going rate, but seems high to me, but have to start somewhere I guess.
I'll let the experts weigh in.
Posted By: Hemidavey

Re: 340 TA parts - 04/23/24 02:49 PM

I really appreciate the input. I'll be starting on them this week. The casting are very nice, never been machined. The valves are excellent too. Not sure if I should buy valve springs or not, everyone has a different cam choice. I'll check to see if the old red spings are still available from Mopar. I like to buy original parts and restore them properly adding a lot of value, sometimes it's hard to sell tho. I do a lot of Hemi rockers, sometimes they sell right away, sometimes not!
Posted By: MONC

Re: 340 TA parts - 04/24/24 11:27 AM

Just make sure you keep receipts for work done .
I am cam across another set recently, and the owner doesn't have any receipts for work done to them.
They say they are ready to install, but who knows.
© 2024 Moparts Forums