Moparts

Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8

Posted By: Vert

Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/21/24 11:35 PM

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1968-dodge-charger-jensen-beach-fl-227127

This 1968 Dodge Charger Convertible will elicit double takes from onlookers and spark conversation wherever it goes, since the automaker never produced this model in a droptop. According to its seller, “It’s a real-deal Charger, not a converted Coronet.” The shipping order number on the fender tag matches number on the radiator core support. According to the documentation provided, the car was restored and modified in 2008-’09.

He goes on to say, “I bought it in 2020 already completed. It’s a turnkey car with a big-block engine, automatic transmission, and a power top. It has been garaged and needs nothing. You’ll have difficulty finding another one, no less another for sale.”
[...]
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/22/24 12:17 AM

Hideous.
Posted By: FJ6AAR

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/22/24 01:20 AM

Steel painted wheels and dog dish hubcaps won't even make that thing look decent - I agree with the above statement. ^
Posted By: Jer

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/22/24 01:37 AM

All one needs to see are these two pictures to know it's a big pile-o-bright-yello-poo

Attached picture Transformed_20240312-183407.jpg
Attached picture Transformed_140525810.jpg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/22/24 02:38 AM

puke
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/23/24 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by FJ6AAR
Steel painted wheels and dog dish hubcaps won't even make that thing look decent - I agree with the above statement. ^

They don't make anything look decent,they make muscle cars look like grandpa's 61 Lancer!
Posted By: TJP

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/24/24 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by chargervert

They don't make anything look decent,they make muscle cars look like grandpa's 61 Lancer!

That was the idea wink I loved taking 🤑🤑 from the chromed out cashmaro boys with my dog dish hubcapped cars. Whadd'ya got they'd ask? A Dodge Dart.
My Grandma drives one of those. They would then want to look at the stock appearing motor whistling OK. only visible mod was headers wink
made a lot of extra $$ on Fri and Sat nights smile
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Hemmings-1968 Dodge Charger Convertible With a 440 V8 - 03/24/24 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by chargervert

That was the idea wink I loved taking 🤑🤑 from the chromed out cashmaro boys with my dog dish hubcapped cars. Whadd'ya got they'd ask? A Dodge Dart.
My Grandma drives one of those. They would then want to look at the stock appearing motor whistling OK. only visible mod was headers wink
made a lot of extra $$ on Fri and Sat nights smile

A sleeper is where they belong,not on a Sublime Road Runner,or Plum Crazy R/T Challenger with stripes and emblems all over the car. They are fooling no one!
© 2024 Moparts Forums