Moparts

4 door cuda for sale again

Posted By: second 70

4 door cuda for sale again - 03/12/24 03:48 PM

It's back. Mecum Indy https://www.mecum.com/lots/1116053/1970-plymouth-barracuda-sedan/?
Posted By: dssaa

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/12/24 04:02 PM

Just because you "can" do something doesn't always mean you should. This is awful.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/12/24 04:05 PM

Posted this in the other post...

Looks a bit mo better in a semi normal setting.

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 22-50-22 The World's Ulitmate Mopar Wing Car Collection - YouTube.png
Posted By: BloFish

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/12/24 04:31 PM

iagree
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/12/24 09:11 PM

No doubt I respect the work (design, engineering and fabrication) that goes into something like that but it being built in 2016 vs. a real prototype I would question who would want it and how much they would pay for it? Also, how do you legally change the vin? Is it a "home built" car and was titled in a state that was cool enough to allow a custom vin as opposed to a state assigned number??
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/12/24 10:05 PM

Apparently it’s a car nobody actually wants. They get it and then start trying to move it on. Interesting car, until you realize the cuda/challenger/charger you want cost the same or less.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/14/24 02:15 PM

Time for a new eyeglasses prescription Mr Potato!

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/14/24 02:17 PM

The car wasn't built.likethe prototype drawings. The B body roof doesn't work with the E body lines. It was a great effort incorrectly executed!
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/14/24 10:27 PM

I hope everyone ends up hating it so much it keeps dropping off in price until.
It is cost effective to buy it and drive, use it have fun with and go to car shows and cruise here and there.
It is in fact a car.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/15/24 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by dssaa
Just because you "can" do something doesn't always mean you should. This is awful.

That is THEE ugliest car I have ever seen. Looks like a reject from a Russian auto styling studio!

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/15/24 04:26 PM

If I could buy it for 25k id drive the heck out of it. I almost have an equal amount of sedans as I do coupes and one of my trucks is a four door. I just realized... all my newer mopars have 4 doors. Folks got over the more door chargers so they could get used to this.

Id bet out in the wild or at local shows it would get a lot of attention. Maybe mr painted rim hater could build a early four door charger. shruggy

Needs a shaker and a hemi.

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/15/24 11:04 PM

You would have to saw the tophat roof off it so it will fit under bridges! It looks like a funeral car!
Posted By: topside

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/15/24 11:13 PM

If they had just shortened the upper door frames and B-pillar to visually work better with the windshield height, the car would be 100% better.
Absolute make-or-break deal, to my eye.
That mystified me when the car debuted, and still does.

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/16/24 12:18 AM

Helmet car.

Originally Posted by chargervert
You would have to saw the tophat roof off it so it will fit under bridges! It looks like a funeral car!

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/16/24 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by topside
If they had just shortened the upper door frames and B-pillar to visually work better with the windshield height, the car would be 100% better.

Should have been a pillarless hardtop,with the standard Barracuda roof line and heigh like the original drawingt

Attached picture R (30).jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/16/24 01:51 AM

Yeah, no argument there; and that illustration keeps more of the Barracuda styling, as they didn't have upper door frames or full B-pillars...ever.

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/16/24 02:25 AM

Take it to one of them places that make hard tops into a vert.
I have a E Body Vert roof. If not......Maybe a Sea Body vert roof could be cut down?
Be cool as a 4 door vert. And would take care ofbthr silly roof look.

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/16/24 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by topside

Should have been a pillarless hardtop,with the standard Barracuda roof line and heigh like the original drawingt

Ian Roussell could have split the roof and welded a new center in.
If I was doing something like this in would Have had him do it.
He is The Month of make it work and look right.
His work might not be all butt weld but he makes it work.
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: 4 door cuda for sale again - 03/23/24 09:41 PM

It is hideous. If the price was low enough would make a nice parts car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums