Moparts

Pretty '69 Barracuda

Posted By: topside

Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/09/23 11:51 PM

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1103947097282935/?

And not priced badly, either...

I think the headliner & visors should be blue, and the carpeting a dark blue, though.
And I wonder about its condition prior to its restoration.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/09/23 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by topside
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1103947097282935/?

And not priced badly, either...

I think the headliner & visors should be blue, and the carpeting a dark blue, though.
And I wonder about its condition prior to its restoration.

Not a bad buy even if it was a 318 car new.

Glad Im not in the market / or closer. I might go take a look

IMO,,, this is a case where the redlines do nothing for the car. A set of RWL would be a much better choice \

And the cash only stipulation will make it difficult to sell. outside of the area.

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/10/23 02:32 AM

The red is really bright on those tires. Nevertheless, if it was close to me, I'd be really tempted.

I wouldn't mind carrying the cash - carried a lot more when I bought my yellow RR - but if "no holds"means no deposit, that's kind of intractable.
I'd want to do a deposit that's refundable if the car doesn't pass being checked out.
So yeah, he's limiting himself.
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/10/23 04:36 AM

Car looks sharp would be nice to see some underside pictures. Non-formula S tail panel with correct formula s emblem no quite in correct location. Side stripe cars did not get the 340-S emblems on front fenders but looks like fender emblems in correct location. Nick pick things, If that car runs good and no hidden rust price is good.

Doesn't say if fold down seat or not cause in '69 that was extra cost option unlike the earlier cars.

Cash no holds so if you live far away that would be a problem.
Posted By: second 70

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/10/23 04:46 PM

I've never had a problem. Cash out of town really isn't a problem if you have the money in a bank. Just take him to a branch in his town and have them give him the money.

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/10/23 06:43 PM

That works ...IF.

Say. You call Wednesday nite from Florida. You will be there Saturday morning.

Car is in Ohio. Would you make that trip that it will still be there when you show up.
Its no holds....2nd guy calls from Detroit Friday afternoon and rides down and buys it.

You are in the middle of Tennessee and get the call it sold....If he bothers to call !!!!

Then hope the bank will have that much cash on hand...damn few do.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/10/23 07:04 PM

That’s a gamble few would take.

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/10/23 07:12 PM

Also, some banks are not in every State...mine, for instance.
Nevertheless, without an arrangement that the car will be available when a buyer gets there, it's a gamble.
Posted By: second 70

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/11/23 03:57 PM

When I bought a car in NC. I asked the guy what bank he used and he said Bank of America so I opened an online account at them in my name funded it and then when purchase was made we walked into his bank and I transferred the money to his account. He asked when he could take out the cash she said right then.

Some people when they say cash only just mean no checks or money orders.

Re: Pretty '69 Barracuda - 12/11/23 04:12 PM

When I was flipping late models I had to keep $5000 cash at home
Because every time I went into my main branch they didnt have that much cash on hand without 24 hours notice
© 2024 Moparts Forums