Moparts

Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger

Posted By: Dennispsalm91

Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger - 10/15/23 10:16 PM

I have a numbers matching 73 H code Challenger.340 4 speed Ive waited 14 years finally to put her together. Its almost ready for paint, im really torn about keeping the original color JY-9. That color , im not really excited with. Going with another color really going to hurt value of the car? I dont foresee selling her down the road. Ive even spoken to the shop owner about doctoring up the color to get it to pop.Anyone else gone down this road ? Thanks for any input
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger - 10/16/23 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dennispsalm91
I have a numbers matching 73 H code Challenger.340 4 speed Ive waited 14 years finally to put her together. It’s almost ready for paint, im really torn about keeping the original color JY-9. That color , im not really excited with. Going with another color really going to hurt value of the car? I dont foresee selling her down the road. Ive even spoken to the shop owner about doctoring up the color to get it to pop.Anyone else gone down this road ? Thanks for any input

Paint it what ever color that appeals to YOU.
No matter what, a 73 is going to have a somewhat finite ceiling..original color or not, so enjoy it how you want to enjoy it.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger - 10/16/23 12:21 AM

I'd paint it what you want. Its your ride and you should enjoy it and be excited about its looks.I agree with your hesitancy with the original color.
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger - 10/16/23 12:44 AM

Yep!

Go with the color you like and enjoy it!! up
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger - 10/16/23 01:24 AM

I think you answered your own question. You mentioned that you don't really care for the original color,
AND... you don't for see getting rid of it. To me, that means you should paint it whatever you want to.
Depending on the interior...I think Petty Blue would be really nice...IMO. twocents
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Color change martching #'s 73 H code Challeger - 10/17/23 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
I think you answered your own question. You mentioned that you don't really care for the original color,
AND... you don't for see getting rid of it. To me, that means you should paint it whatever you want to.
Depending on the interior...I think Petty Blue would be really nice...IMO. twocents

I agree with that
© 2024 Moparts Forums