Moparts

Ultra low mile 'Cuda

Posted By: oldjonny

Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/29/23 10:49 PM

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/kingston-1973-plymouth-cuda-speed-3700/7671446161.html
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/29/23 10:58 PM

Nice.

I wonder if it can / will pull the asking ?
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/29/23 11:56 PM

From the ad:

"depickled"

Love it!

Looks awesome.

Mike.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 12:24 AM

Just my opinion: %100 worth it. Only the curators of these vehicles get the privilege to ask this kind of money. Everyone can say what they want, but if the ad is true, and someone bought this and just preserved it, the ask if more than fair for the history...
Posted By: topside

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 01:11 AM

Seems like a pretty fair price to me, for what is essentially a new E-body Cuda 4-speed.
Granted, not everyone's favorite year, but that car is something special.
I'd have expected a fan shroud by 1973, but no matter.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 01:33 AM

Id wager it will bring the asking price. I know of a low mile 360 car that brought over 60... 74 I want to say. But possibly it was a 73.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 03:00 AM

Sharp car, I think it’s worth the money.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 03:18 AM

I may be wrong but i don't remember the clutch pedal being so much higher confused But it's always been one of my pet peeves so I may be wrong shruggy
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 11:47 AM

No under car pictures?
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 09/30/23 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
I may be wrong but i don't remember the clutch pedal being so much higher confused But it's always been one of my pet peeves so I may be wrong shruggy

Power brake car pedal sits lower. Manual brake sits even with clutch.

That paint needs to be checked all over with a meter before handing over the big bucks.
Posted By: bennydodge

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 12:40 AM

Noticed they didn't mention the original Thermoquad being replaced. For such a low mile car the TQ should be on it. Also, looks like they deadheaded all the vapor canister lines.
Posted By: dmoore

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 01:02 AM

I would expect the original orange plug wires with orange boots to be present. As mentioned, the Tquad and fan shroud.

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Originally Posted by TJP

That paint needs to be checked all over with a meter before handing over the big bucks.

Hmm, never noticed/knew that and I would think I would have somewhere along the line shruggy Not disagreeing with you in any way but this one seems a bit too high IMO. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on something though beer

If the car was optioned out a bit more I might see the price but it's just too BLAH for me shruggy twocents

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 01:24 AM

What's the consensus on the brake booster and master cylinder? I thought both were black from the factory.

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by TJP

Hmm, never noticed/knew that and I would think I would have somewhere along the line shruggy Not disagreeing with you in any way but this one seems a bit too high IMO. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong on something though beer

If the car was optioned out a bit more I might see the price but it's just too BLAH for me shruggy twocents

Well for a 1973 E-body that was about as optioned as it got. It could have had A/C. E-bodies were heavily de-contented starting in 1972. No more big blocks and I don't think I've ever seen a '72 and up with power windows or cruise control.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 01:16 PM

Last year 340 (cast crank even with 4 speed)
Cuda was appearance package so car was optioned as 340 (top dog) from the Cuda 318 base

Plus is things wrong easy to fix. You would think for 75K they would have.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by bennydodge
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by TJP

Well for a 1973 E-body that was about as optioned as it got. It could have had A/C. E-bodies were heavily de-contented starting in 1972. No more big blocks and I don't think I've ever seen a '72 and up with power windows or cruise control.

You are correct. Power windows and cruise control were gone from the 72 E-Body option list. Ma took a chainsaw to the option list for the 72 on up E-Bodies. Ragtops were gone, sunroofs survived on a few 72 Challengers, then they were gone for 73. A lot of options disappeared for 72. 6-way seat, front and rear spoilers, rear window louvers, flip gas cap on the Challengers, shaker hoods, hood pins and 15" rallyes. Made no sense, as those options were designed, produced, and paid for already. They make a good profit margin on options, so why not offer them?

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 318 Stroker

You are correct. Power windows and cruise control were gone from the 72 E-Body option list. Ma took a chainsaw to the option list for the 72 on up E-Bodies. Ragtops were gone, sunroofs survived on a few 72 Challengers, then they were gone for 73. A lot of options disappeared for 72. 6-way seat, front and rear spoilers, rear window louvers, flip gas cap on the Challengers, shaker hoods, hood pins and 15" rallyes. Made no sense, as those options were designed, produced, and paid for already. They make a good profit margin on options, so why not offer them?

Wow didn't know that but I haven't followed e-bodies that closely

Was the rally gauge cluster gone as well?

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by TJP

No, rallye gauges were still used.

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/04/23 06:34 PM

Yep, you are very correct, sad indeed what happened. Only 2 engines available in 1973, a 318 or 340(slant 6 wasn't even an option). Rumor has it that the bean counters were REALLY disappointed in the E body sales figures and they wanted to stop making the cars altogether but they settled on a scaled back version instead.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/05/23 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

No, rallye gauges were still used.

I can not upload pics right now to this site fir some reason.
I have pics of the 1972-74 seven grand tach and the diff reset on speedo. Still a good looking dash. The Cuda and Ralley Challenger packages were still cool.
Sport hoods, 150 speedo, tach but 7K, gauges, decal package ( Challenger got fender bezal thingy's and strobe stripes down fenders and doors that fades) sway bars front and back
I had a,1972 Challenger Rally 340, 727, 8 3/4 (355) B5, full TX9 vinyl top, TX9 interior, Black Stobe Stripes, Road Wheels, Dealer installed A/C, AM/FM. Car drove nice with tg2e sway bars and new radials in the stock wheels and git looks. It had R/T looks of the earlier cars. My older brothers friend got it as just an old car price. He drove it for years and gave it to me for free when the 727 went and joined the Navy. Trans blown up and beat to death.
The 72 Up Cuda and Challener Ralley packages gave some good things in a package over the flat hood cars.
Posted By: A990

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/05/23 06:02 AM

Noticed they didn't mention the original Thermoquad being replaced. For such a low mile car the TQ should be on it. Also, looks like they deadheaded all the vapor canister lines.

I wonder why no R11 on the FT, but it has a radio. I don't recall seeing that before.

Re: Ultra low mile 'Cuda - 10/05/23 03:17 PM

I'm not seeing an "R" group for any radio at all.?? But I do see an antenna on the front fender, maybe not a factory setup, can't tell by the photos. Good catch.
© 2024 Moparts Forums