Moparts

WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator

Posted By: SMILINJOE

WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 06/29/23 07:52 PM

Booster looks like it was modified into Hemi bolt pattern.
Actuator looks like an original.
Also years ago a friend had some Actuators made via water jet. Firewall mounting holes were off by a 1/4”. Too small.
Rest of brackets are correct. Some minor pitting on booster.
So WIW.
Thanks for the help.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 06/30/23 03:53 AM

Got a friend near Chicago that is looking for a power brake set-up for an E-Body, will this work? shruggy
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 06/30/23 10:55 AM

that actuator is not original and the booster has been modified and looks to be a b-body booster also no spacers for bracket
IMO.
Posted By: SMILINJOE

Re: WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 06/30/23 12:54 PM

Pulled packing material out of box. Was wrapping back up and found spacers, nuts and washers.
Also a sheet from The Ram Man
Booster will work for B&E Body

Posted By: fastmark

Re: WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 07/01/23 09:33 AM

B and E body brackets are different. What you have is a cobbled together mess from the rammer man. I know people who had experience with his booster conversation and they were very unhappy. I had an original E body one that I sold with booster and linkage. If I was going to install a hemi in a car, I’d use the repop kit from DoctorDiff with the booster and brackets.
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 07/01/23 02:32 PM

The brackets are not different B and E, just the lever that attaches to the petal is.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: WIW Hemi Booster and Actuator - 07/02/23 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by dragon slayer
The brackets are not different B and E, just the lever that attaches to the petal is.

Correct. I should have been more specific. The ASSEMBLY is different between the two body styles. The lever is different and so is the length of the rod that attaches to the pedal.
© 2024 Moparts Forums