Moparts

D200 Survivor

Posted By: dssaa

D200 Survivor - 06/08/23 12:43 AM

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1977-dodge-d200-ram-truck-big/7630037873.html
Posted By: bigdad

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/08/23 07:41 PM

nice, priced right ..
Posted By: NANKET

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/08/23 07:46 PM

Yes nice looking truck. Nebraska mud flaps.

Ad says A/C. Hard to get the belt to stay on when it’s mounted on the inner fender well.

Added on York compressor.

Edit, I don’t think it’s factory air at all, nothing looks factory to me.

Attached picture B17A9A1B-C3F9-4F3B-B466-2F18B64CA1AB.jpeg
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/08/23 07:49 PM

Nice looking truck. Shows 103k for miles. That was a popular steering wheel back then...my mom's Aspen SE wagon had the same one.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/08/23 08:01 PM

sure hasn't hauled much in its life in that box
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/08/23 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by NANKET
Ad says A/C. Hard to get the belt to stay on when it’s mounted on the inner fender well.

And it's got the factory A/C dash vents. Interesting. Easy to swap to a modern Sanden compressor to make the system work. Bet it doesn't last long...
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/09/23 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar

And it's got the factory A/C dash vents. Interesting. Easy to swap to a modern Sanden compressor to make the system work. Bet it doesn't last long...

Those aren't factory, they're aftermarket. Factory vents would be up in the black section that runs across the dash just above the trim piece.

[Linked Image]

Nice truck!
Posted By: kermit1

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/09/23 12:44 AM

so its safe to say dealer installed??
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/09/23 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by kermit1
so its safe to say dealer installed??
Yes, drug dealer.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/09/23 01:25 AM

Those vents and controls are not factory. They are add on.
Posted By: dssaa

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/09/23 04:55 AM

Yes nice looking truck. Nebraska mud flaps.

Haha....I didn't even notice the compressor on the fender. I wish it was W200 I would definitely be all over it....gotta have all four tires spinning where I am at....
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: D200 Survivor - 06/09/23 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar

Those aren't factory, they're aftermarket. Factory vents would be up in the black section that runs across the dash just above the trim piece.

[Linked Image]

Nice truck!

I stand corrected.I glanced at the number and spacing of the vents and didn't notice they were too low (and there's a factory a/c '79 in my garage). That's got to be one of the better add-on setups, they usually have the entire evaporator hanging under the dash in the center...

My step-dad ha a Club-Cab '77 D200 with the 400 (in black/silver, without a/c). That truck would pull our big Coachmen camping trailer at 80 mph all day long without breaking a sweat...
© 2024 Moparts Forums