Moparts

71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT

Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/05/23 05:32 PM

https://www.gaaclassiccars.com/vehicles/37495/1971-plymouth-cuda

BS27N1B411026

[img]https://cdn.dealeraccelerate.com/gaa/49/28716/308000/790x1024/1971-plymouth-cuda[/img]

Never seen a '71' on the top right of a Fender tag before.
Posted By: Finoke

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/05/23 06:00 PM

3 speed manual.Not a bill board car. Originally Blue and an export car. Late build.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/05/23 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast4yourBrain
Never seen a '71' on the top right of a Fender tag before.

There are quite a few out there, they seem to come from the same source. work

Here is a fake tag with 70 stamped in the same corner & then see what the owner had to say in the comments. fan

Attached picture 178658 fake tag.jpg
Attached picture 178658 dave wise made fake tag.JPG
Posted By: dssaa

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/05/23 08:20 PM

Is that "Plymouth Made in the USA" plate next to the fender tag legit? I have never seen one on any Plymouth I hever had.....looks goofy with the one fender tag screw not painted
Posted By: MONC

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/05/23 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by dssaa
Is that "Plymouth Made in the USA" plate next to the fender tag legit? I have never seen one on any Plymouth I hever had.....looks goofy with the one fender tag screw not painted

Believe that is correct for export vehicles, but I'll let the experts chime in.
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/05/23 10:26 PM

one screw not painted is correct. I think because the last screw is screwed on AFTER the vehicle has been painted. The left screw is painted because it's overspray when the tag and car is painted at the same time.

However, I don't think I ever seen a fender tag missing inner fender w/that section unpainted??? I know they spin the tag around before painting, but you'd think SOME of the inner fender would be unpainted.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/06/23 12:32 PM

One screw holds the tag in place . The tag is bent up and gets paint on it. The tag is bent up so paint is under where it goes on the inner fender.
The second screw is installed and has no.paint. Some guys,are so dumb they don't put a bend in the new fake tag
Nice clean non pitted tag, a pitted inner fender, and no bend on tag, you dont even have to look at the fake numbers to know it fake
Posted By: rarefish

Re: 71 Cuda 'vert on auction site...odd FT - 06/06/23 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by MONC

Believe that is correct for export vehicles, but I'll let the experts chime in.

A friend has a 1969 GTS and it has the Y09 export code on the fender tag. It to has the oval "Dodge made in the USA" tag under the hood.
© 2024 Moparts Forums