Moparts

70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW

Posted By: 6bblFLASH

70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/16/23 10:21 PM

What is the going rate on a Cuda roller?
Dana 60,coil overs,ladder bars.10 point cage etc.
3,000 lbs with driver and a 440 4speed .

Attached picture FB_IMG_1622225822625(1).jpg
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/17/23 07:48 AM

Don't know the value,but great bones for a Sox and Martin tribute car!
Posted By: topside

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/17/23 03:00 PM

Really hard to guess accurately from 1 photo and limited description.
Condition, workmanship, and a broader appeal (suitable for several classes) matter.
Especially the 1st two criteria.
Seems a lot of people looking - though they sound like dreamers - want a car they can use on the street, probably from watching the TV shows.
The market for dedicated race cars is pretty small, even those with history/provenance.

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/17/23 05:03 PM

You are right. Selling stuff is a [censored].
Kinda surprised nobody has recognized it.
Raced at 32 Mopar Nationals.
Won 2
Run up 1.
Won Chrysler Classic at Norwalk. etc.
Originally was thinking 15,000.
Had someone I was going to will it to.
That didn't work out.
Posted By: topside

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/17/23 05:48 PM

15K may be cheap, if it's as nice as it appears, and has a current cert & remaining parts.
A buddy last year spent 25K for an unfinished but very nice roller A-body 2nd-gen Barracuda good for the 8s (not streetable).
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/17/23 10:32 PM

I agree that your initial post is a bit vague. The presence of a chassis cert and whether the cage is chromoly come to mind as pretty key to establishing value with the race car folks. Also, does the car have a title and while no one would likely restore it, whether it is a real 'Cuda is a factor too. I am one of those people that has to have a factory dash and firewall- I would pay more for a car that was less cut up. I am also of the opinion that $15K feels light for your car though I don't know much about it. A nice running e-body drag car that isn't too hacked up is likely a minimum of $35K and could go to $50K. Minus an engine and trans, I think you are probably in the $20's but again details could move that number a lot. I definitely like your car but am one of those knuckleheads that would likely try to make it as least streetable up to the ice cream stand and back so my must haves are somewhat different from the pure race car crowd.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/19/23 12:25 PM

I agree in the $20s at least.Looks nice and its not a camaro.
More pics.
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/19/23 02:48 PM

Is it a 'CUDA or a BARRACUDA?

Original engine was ???

ANy documentation like fender tag? Buildsheet?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/19/23 05:07 PM

Well being a guy who has bought built and sold his fair share of racecars alot depends on what is there and the quality of the build. Lastly would be an pedigree for a car. As alot of that has to do with the driver or venue being raced. Cage moly or mild? What rear and front suspension? what shocks, what electronics if any, any certified parts up to date etc etc. The fit an overall finish of the car clearly play a roll as well. Not sure I can give you even a close estimate without more details. Could be 10 could be 25
Posted By: cudatom

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/20/23 02:38 AM

Dennis hearing this is a kick in the you know where. Been racing with you and watching you and this car for what 40 plus yrs. At 15k you are giving it away. Yours is way nicer than most and your car flat out works. There are several mopar Facebook groups specifically listing mopar race cars and parts. Sold almost al my spare stuff thru them. If you aren't sure or committed to selling push it in a corner. They don't eat anything unless you race or drive it.
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/21/23 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by cudatom
Dennis hearing this is a kick in the you know where. Been racing with you and watching you and this car for what 40 plus yrs. At 15k you are giving it away. Yours is way nicer than most and your car flat out works. There are several mopar Facebook groups specifically listing mopar race cars and parts. Sold almost al my spare stuff thru them. If you aren't sure or committed to selling push it in a corner. They don't eat anything unless you race or drive it.

I agree very painful to watch the car get sold but I fully understand.

One of my favorite cars that hooks hard!

If I just had the room......

Attached picture 6897168-Thompson09`.jpg
Attached picture magnolia.jpg
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/21/23 10:59 PM

Too cool! drive
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/22/23 12:32 AM

Man, that car does hook, saw at the Mopar Nats several times! I am strictly and A-Body guy but that one trips my trigger! Got more pics of the engine compartment and interior? scope

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/22/23 12:50 AM

U code
F8 green.
Road lamps,hood pins,performance hood,black interior, column automatic,bucket seats,rear exit exhaust, rally wheels.

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/22/23 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by cudatom

I agree very painful to watch the car get sold but I fully understand.

One of my favorite cars that hooks hard!

If I just had the room......

Thanks for the encouraging words Tom,Kevin..

So frustrating to for me,and I'm sure others.
To still have the desire to race but time and energy are always in short supply.
Bought it in June 1981.
Would like to rebuild it so street use,but again. Time and energy.
Many before me have been down the same road...
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/22/23 06:30 PM

Dont sell it too cheap, it'll end up chevy powered and buried into the wall at the local no prep race (the popular car for them are ex bracket cars lately)
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: 70 Cuda Bracket Car WIW - 04/24/23 12:45 PM

Uggh hate to see you sell! - I think 15K is low rolling - probably closer to 20K - Bracket cars are a tough sell these days to get a decent buck unless they are legal for a certain class like SS or Stock. The car definitely works and is well built
© 2024 Moparts Forums