Moparts

Trans Am Cuda front spoiler

Posted By: RylisPro

Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/09/09 06:13 PM

I am going to have black ABS plastic versions of my fiberglass front spoiler made
and was wondering if anyone else had any interest in these?

I will also add the brake duct holes to the backside so that anyone else could open them up if they wanted to

the end product would look similar to this

if anyone else is intrested let me know
gives me a quantity to be made
thanks
Posted By: Chucklehead

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/09/09 11:10 PM

I have been kicking around the idea of one those for my Barracuda. What is a guess on cost?
Posted By: cal_gecko

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/09/09 11:13 PM

Awesome! Would love something like that for my Dart

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/10/09 12:29 AM

Quote:

What is a guess on cost?

The cost of the mold is the really expensive part
I will have to eat that for myself $$$
I have no info yet on the cost of the plastic but it shouldn't add too much
I paid a couple hundred for the fiberglass spoiler
IF the ABS versions would sell I would price them around that

I need to know the demand first,
without that you can't have supply

they will be made in Northern California!
that is a fact
Posted By: boydsdodge

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/10/09 01:16 AM

How far off are they from Challenger front spoiler?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/10/09 01:29 AM

Quote:

How far off are they from Challenger front spoiler?

the main difference is the two lights the Challengers have. I'm not sure if the 71 Cudas are in the same position as well.

I thought about it on the initial design and the only compromise right now,
is that you would have to remove material from the ABS spoiler to get it to fit.

the best soultion is to make a mold off an actual Challenger spoiler
but that would double the cost and no one would want that

I don't have a Challenger but I don't want to neglect those owners as well
Posted By: Osyman

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/23/09 01:44 AM

I will take one

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/05/09 12:38 AM

The prototype ABS spoilers are here!
I had two different versions made. ducted & non-ducted

detail pics of the ducts

other side

backside view
anyone can open these up and use them for actual brake ducts

the plastic is thick and the whole spoiler is really strong. a dime for reference

close up texture shot

pic on my car
yeah I know, I need a new grille and my car is a bucket

but at least the spoiler is cool

The production spoilers will be the ducted ones and will not be ready until January 2010
only because I will be out of state for the holidays

I need to know if more people want these spoilers
because it only makes sense to have them made in batches

if you want one, please PM me your name and zipcode so that I can figure out the UPS shipping

pricing is not set yet but the
more units made the less it is per unit
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/05/09 09:50 PM

Ok now that you have a picture of the prototype, I will pass this link onto the road race/handling guys. I know some of them have 70 and 71 Cudas and you will probably sell something to at least one of them.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/06/09 01:30 PM

I would be interested if modifications to fit a Challenger were straight forward.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/06/09 04:16 PM

I likely would be interested in getting one of each. I would think anybody that uses one for any kinda of spirited driving would quickly understand how vulnerable a front spoiler is on a lowered agrresively driven car. Therefore 2 for me.

If you need/want bigger production numbers, build a clone for A bodies, so I won't have to cobb this together again.

And you've got a great idea

Attached picture 5650272-P9110125-Swinger-Frt-Spoile.jpg
Posted By: cudazappa

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/07/09 01:45 AM

another challenger owner interested here... I second the make it easily adaptable to a Challenger or a Challenger version...
Posted By: boydsdodge

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/07/09 01:45 AM

First I'd like to say thanks for your work on this.
But being a Challenger owner I think I'll wait to see a brave Challenger owner try some modifcations to there spoiler first.
Posted By: The Cuda Man

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/17/09 07:47 PM

I would like one. preferably the one without the ducts, but if thats the only one your making then its fine. zipcode is 66018
Posted By: brads70

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/24/09 01:57 AM

Quote:

another challenger owner interested here... I second the make it easily adaptable to a Challenger or a Challenger version...

I'd like to see a Challenger version too!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/05/10 03:27 AM

Is this spoiler still on track and ETA is?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/05/10 02:26 PM

I'm serious about this, too, but I want to see a price before a final commit
Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/05/10 03:31 PM

How does it attach to the valance...
Mounting hardware?? Template?
Brain factor???

Here is the low budget version, MAS style.
Yes it works, easy to install, uses existing holes, very little brain required

Attached picture 5712976-Grilleshot.jpg

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/06/10 03:31 AM

First time on Moparts I've ever heard anybody trying to conserve brainpower, I've got to think about that.

Nice brake ducts

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/06/10 03:41 AM

I know anticipation kills so here are answers to some questions.

1. Yes they are still on track. I just started school again yesterday and have not checked with the plastic company. Ducted versions only

2. $200.00 + shipping. I will ship UPS so that it's insured and you get a tracking number. From 94520 to the east coast is approx $55-60 dollars but will vary according to zipcode

3. Can't reduce price since not enough demand. I was hoping for more interest in the spoiler and it is just not there and even then I am not breaking even. Oh well that is life. I'll be happy knowing my spoiler will be on a few other Cudas besides mine.

4. No Challenger version and I do not recommend modifying since it will weaken the spoiler. I have to get a fiberglass Challenger spoiler to do it properly

5. You have to drill your own holes. Use your own stainless hardware with nylock nuts to make it easily removable.

6. Installation is simple: remove the valance, line it up midline and front edge & drill holes
I used 8 bolts total with 16 large fender washers. There will be gaps but the spoiler will conform when bolted down

7. There are no wavy spots on the spoiler, that is just the light in the pics. I would paint the spoiler just to be safe from UV.

I'll post more pics and details when I get the first batch.
oh yeah I just field tested the spoiler on the freeway. My AAR hood exhibited zero hood lift at triple digits with the spoiler, compared to when it used to lift up at around eighty without the spoiler. So I guess it works

thanks for your patience

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/06/10 11:32 PM

Quote:

3. Can't reduce price since not enough demand. I was hoping for more interest in the spoiler and it is just not there and even then I am not breaking even. Oh well that is life. I'll be happy knowing my spoiler will be on a few other Cudas besides mine.

did you advertise on cuda-challenger.com? Not everyone goes to both sites. I'm sure there'd be more interest for these over there... I'll post there with your permission.

Quote:

4. No Challenger version and I do not recommend modifying since it will weaken the spoiler. I have to get a fiberglass Challenger spoiler to do it properly

I'm looking REALLY HARD at this design to see if I could make it work. I can see how it will weaken it, but I'm trying to think of how much so... still be attached at each end and in the middle...

Either way I'm really happy you've started this project. I'm familiar with the process (at work we have a vacuum plastic sister company, i don't think they have a machine large enough for the long front spoiler...) and I just think its funny that it took you to realize how to make these, so simple...

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/07/10 12:59 AM

Quote:

did you advertise on cuda-challenger.com?

torredcuda already did for me but still no luck
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=64138.0

Quote:

I'm looking REALLY HARD at this design to see if I could make it work. I can see how it will weaken it, but I'm trying to think of how much so... still be attached at each end and in the middle...

The Challenger lights would create big holes in the spoiler and unless contoured and carefully sanded down, it would be prone to cracking. The fiberglass Challenger spoiler is shaped specifically for the lights, just a matter of obtaining one

thanks for the support!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/07/10 12:20 PM

Quote:

First time on Moparts I've ever heard anybody trying to conserve brainpower, I've got to think about that.

Nice brake ducts

Glad you like my ducts

They work...

What's a fast car to do???, Take the plunge and spoil up some more or leave it alone???...uh oh brainpower working...it's tough to get the floor jack under there with the low budget version, now I have more holes to drill, if there was a template you could mount it without removing the valance... I suppose you can make your own template...gotta buy hardware now, It would make more sense if the mounting & fastening was brain powered to completion and included with a higher cost rather than leaving it in the hands of the installer. Wonder what happens when you hit a woodchuck or raccoon at 100 mph??...not everyone that wants the spoiler is equipped to finish the engineering...a complete package is good for marketing and volume and eases the braindrain.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/15/10 11:46 PM

one on a dart would be cool!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/22/10 10:02 PM

The first batch is here!

you know where they are made!!!

they took a while cuz the plastic company had to change the lettering so it would show
on the first pic, you can see the first spoiler lettering did not come out too good
but most people are going to open the ducts up anyways

If you are interested in getting one, please PM me your email and zipcode and we will go from there

Heads up Travis72!!! you got the first one!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention
I'm not forgetting you Challenger guys

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/24/10 04:16 PM

Always nice to see a project carried thru, well done, will PM you my info, and Thanks again

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/24/10 06:40 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention
I'm not forgetting you Challenger guys

Posted By: Travis72

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/10/10 05:02 AM

Thanks for the spoiler. Seems really well made! I only mocked it up with clamps for now. I think I'm going to use dzus fasteners, since I'm only going to use this for the track and I'll use the cheap MAS fiberglass one for daily driving. Anyway, here's a couple of pictures.

Travis
72 Cuda

Attached picture 5794523-IMG_6267(Medium).JPG
Posted By: Travis72

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/10/10 05:03 AM

One more.

Attached picture 5794525-IMG_6259(Medium).JPG

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/11/10 01:07 PM

Ariel,
did you size the brake cooling duct hole to fit one of the adapters that is readily available? If so which one? How do you propose to allow the duct to be attached? My car has 3 inch hoses - currently the duct is where the license plate is supposed to be

Travis you have a really nice rocket ship under assembly!!!

ducts

Attached picture 5796990-20090601_WGI_GR2_8191ductlr.jpg
Posted By: patriotcuda

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/15/10 03:48 AM

i am very interested in the spoiler with no holes.I live in fresno ,ca.

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/20/10 01:50 AM

Here you go TiMopar!
your spoiler is on its way

thanks
Posted By: TiMopar

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/22/10 05:27 PM

Thanks Fella!

Attached picture 5823112-catspnning_001.gif

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/23/10 12:01 PM

Could you please post the dimensions of the brake duct openings so I can to determine how difficult it is going to be to make the spoiler fully functional???

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/23/10 03:15 PM

Hey Tom, since you're a racer, don't you make it functional with 'racer tape'?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/24/10 12:43 AM

Here are dimensions to the spoiler cups

one could potentially shave down the cups flat & use this 5" X 9-3/4" brake duct I found

http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=23713
there is plenty of room around the cup & I would use 6 bolts to attach it with
the plastic is 3/16 thick all around, strong and durable

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/01/10 08:45 PM

If you took away the "script" inside the duct it would be a lot simpler to make the brake ducts functional. Is that possible? I would really like to use the spoiler and put it to the test.
Posted By: dariush

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/05/10 02:18 AM

Hi please let me know what is your price on this thanks my email is dariushashrafi@msn.com. thanks

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/08/10 02:06 AM

I took a break from school and homework today and finally took pics for those that wanted to know the ground clearance of the spoiler

this pic is from the side walk curb. there is approx 4 1/2 inches of ground clearance

the spoiler is not any lower than my headers

this is how I mounted it. easy to remove

my heap

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/08/10 03:08 AM

Quote:

I took a break from school and homework today and finally took pics for those that wanted to know the ground clearance of the spoiler

this pic is from the side walk curb. there is approx 4 1/2 inches of ground clearance

That measurment is realtive to what you have the ride height set at. Do that same measurement on flat gound. Then measure the height of the top of the fender lip to the ground. Some cars might sit higher and have more spoiler clearance.

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/21/10 09:10 PM

Hey there Max Saito! your front spoiler is on its way! I never new they had so many nice Mopars in Japan

I hope you enjoy your spoiler

Domo Arigato!
Posted By: hemi_harvester

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/23/10 06:06 AM

not trying to steal the thread put here is one on my Dart just to show what they could look like if you deside to make them.

Attached picture 6154074-ds2.jpg
Posted By: hemi_harvester

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/23/10 06:09 AM

another

Attached picture 6154076-SPOILER3.jpg
Posted By: dangina

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/06/10 12:07 PM

Some might think I'm crazy but I've always wanted one of these style spoilers for the 71-72 Roadrunner - any chance for any to be made? They made chin spoilers but i don't consider them spoilers - just ugly decor...

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/19/10 12:04 AM

Hey there 3eighty3! your spoiler is on its way!

I just wanted to show that I take great care packaging my spoilers so that it will survive international travel

I pretty much have to custom build the packaging so that it will provide enough crush protection from being tossed around in the air mail

I use lots of tape and bubble wrap to protect the corners & make sure it fits under the 60 inch limit(152.4 cm in metric) since the spoiler itself is 59 inches

off to Austria it goes!
I hope you enjoy your spoiler!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/19/10 01:38 PM

Ariel, just received my front spoiler after my Canadian buddy came over for a visit. Just wanted to say impressed I am with the quality, very nice piece! Looking forward to getting it on the car!! All the best, Tim
Posted By: 3eighty3

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/23/10 11:40 PM

I got mine by mail just as expected. Very good build quality, straight and sturdy:

I think it's very good value for the money!

Cuda blog

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/30/11 03:34 PM

Looks great! Good job on the spoiler! I like how thick they are molded! Any idea if a Challenger version will be on the horizon?
Posted By: go-fish

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/02/11 04:57 AM

All of them have ducts?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/19/11 11:32 PM

Here are some dimensional pics of the spoiler that I took for reference. the overall length is 59 inches

here are some side pics of my car

it's dirty cuz I daily drive it.
gotta finish school and get it painted!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/25/11 09:12 PM

Hey Lockout76!
your spoiler is on it's way
hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/28/11 11:33 PM

Here you go skul4aface!

your spoiler will be off to New Zealand soon!
Posted By: Kilroy was here

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/29/11 04:08 PM

Do these spoilers help with handling, or wind resistance, or gas milage.

Or all three, just wondering....

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/29/11 06:24 PM

They are supposed to help with pushing the front end of the car down at speed and direct air away from underneath the car that extra bit of down force may improve handling a little bit.

Spoiler or not, an E-Body still has the wind resistance of a brick and it's not going to help with gas mileage as that is controlled by your right foot

The spoilers are mainly to look cool

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/30/11 07:19 AM

Quote:

Do these spoilers help with handling, or wind resistance, or gas milage.

Or all three, just wondering....

They will definitely help the natural front end lift these cars experience above 70mph.

The 69 Camaro front spoiler puts down about 75 lbs of force at 85mph compared to no spoilers at all: http://www.yearone.com/enthusiast/restoarchives/winter99/18-21camaro.pdf

This Cuda Trans Am spoiler is a lot MORE effective because it is closer to the ground and wider.

They should also help with engine cooling. This is because the air behind the spoiler is blocked and slowed down creating lower pressure under the engine compartment. That will draw more hot air out of engine compartment and out under the car.
Posted By: 3406pac

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/24/12 05:36 PM

Any latest news on the spoiler fits and performance? I understand they look cool but has anyone else tried them out at high speed, engine cooling .....
Were the originals painted?
Thanks
Posted By: Cudamatunuck1970

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/21/12 03:33 AM

Do you still have the front spoilers? Are they holding up?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/21/12 04:29 AM

Quote:

Do you still have the front spoilers? Are they holding up?

My personal spoiler is holding up just fine, my car on the other hand has seen better days

I spun out my car earlier in January this year in the rain and I hit a wall on the freeway

I replaced the passenger with an AMD fender(had so many issues with that!)

and had to get a 70 grill.

All fixed now though!

Spoiler held up through all of that so it's one tough piece!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/21/12 08:21 AM

Quote:

Any latest news on the spoiler fits and performance? I understand they look cool but has anyone else tried them out at high speed, engine cooling .....
Were the originals painted?
Thanks

You'd have to have some test equipment hooked up to the suspension and do some well thought out tests. That way you get real quantified results. Someone saying, "felt like the front end was pushing down more" is a pretty poor judge. You could go to a track and do a back to back test with and without the spoiler with a good consistent skilled race driver. But he's not going to be able to tell you how many lbs of force it added to the front end.

But just look at the Car Life Magazine tests they did on a Camaro. That car has a very very similar aero profile as an E-body. They got results from that little spoiler. Magazines back in the day called the Cuda a copied 69 Camaro.

The one RylisPro made has like twice the surface area as a 69 Camaro front spoiler. There is no doubt RylisPro spoiler will give more downforce then the Camaro one that gave 75 lbs at 85mph.

This spoiler is a copy of the spoiler Dan Gurney's team/shop/engineers built for his 'Cuda in Trans Am. The Indy race cars Gurney built in that era were dominant and known for good aero. Gurney even invented a aero spoiler design called the "Gurney Flap". "The Gurney flap is the first aerodynamic development made in automobile racing that has been successfully transferred to aircraft engineering" So the designers at the Gurney team/shop knew aerodynamics.

And RylisPro's spoiler is lower to the ground than a Camaro. As a front spoiler gets lower to the ground, the amount of gained downforce increases. A same sized spoiler that is 1/16" from the track surface has double the down-force than if car was raised 1/2" in the front.

Now I realize you can't drive on the street with a spoiler 1/16" nor even 1/2". There are compromises. I think RylisPro spoiler is very maximized in terms of performance vs practicality with great looks.

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/26/12 08:39 PM

Here you go Tommy K. your spoiler is on its way!

Hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: the4ork

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/16/12 08:44 PM

are these still available? i just joined the site because of this thread so i apologize for possibly jumping into an old thread.

i would love one! in either config

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/16/12 09:43 PM

Yep still a few ducted versions available!
Just PM or email me if interested
Posted By: the4ork

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/17/12 04:00 AM

are you planning on making another batch in the future? im leaning toward a non-duct

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/17/12 04:23 AM

I need to sell all the ducted spoilers first before I go and make any more spoilers again ducted or non-ducted.
The demand is just not high enough for me to keep making these things as it is very expensive to produce them.

Also I am very busy with school still and I don't have as much time as I would want for all my projects.
Will I make more in the future? Of course I will but, unfortunately not any time soon

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/18/12 12:49 AM

I'd be interested in a Challenger version?

More Challengers around than Cuda's?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/18/12 01:38 AM

Quote:

I'd be interested in a Challenger version?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...amp;Search=true

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/07/12 01:40 AM

Here you go McKain Boyz!

your spoiler is on its way!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/13/12 02:07 AM

Hey Everyone,
I talked to the plastic company I am working with for the`Cuda spoilers. I only have very few `Cuda spoilers left and wanted to get another batch made. The company quoted me an increase of 25% from when I originally had my first batch made back in 2009 as the price of ABS plastic and manufacturing costs have gone up. What this means is that I am going to have to raise the price of my `Cuda spoilers 25%, from $200 to $250. Believe me, I am unhappy with this news as well but there is nothing I can do to counteract the inflation rate. I just wanted to let you guys know upfront.

Good news is that I will still sell the `Cuda spoilers I have left at the 2009 price so get them while you can!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/17/12 12:10 AM

Hey cuda346pk! your spoiler is on its way!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/06/12 12:41 AM

Hey Cudacam! your spoiler is on its way!

I hope you like it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/06/12 12:49 AM

Hey everyone!
I just sold my last spoiler in stock. After almost 3 years since I started this project I can't believe I was able to sell all 10 spoilers.

If anyone wants more spoilers just let me know! I will not have any produced just yet as there is an underwhelming demand for them but, I can easily have another batch made.

The next batch of spoilers will NOT have ducts as there were a bunch of people asking for spoilers like the one on my car. The price will go up to $250 per spoiler as the cost of ABS plastic has gone up since 2009.

I just want to thank everyone who purchased a spoiler from me and I hope you are liking my product.

Thank You
RylisPro
Posted By: dodgeman316

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/13/12 11:05 AM

I am interested in a spoiler without the ducts.
Let me know when you get enough interest to have another batch made and I will buy one.
Have you ever checked to see how the Cuda spoiler would fit on an F-Body, Volare, Aspen etc?
An F-Body doesn't have a front valance like a Cuda and not sure about the width differences between the two cars but if it was close it may work.

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/13/12 04:06 PM

Sorry for not being clear enough.
I can get another batch made pretty quickly. As soon as ONE person sends me a payment of $250 plus shipping, I will have another batch of TEN spoilers without ducts made up since I already have a mold that is ready to go. The only catch is that instead of me shipping the spoiler out immediately, there will be a short delay because the plastic company has to make the batch, about a couple of weeks depending on their schedule.

Ordering will be the same process just PM me or shoot me an email

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/15/12 01:30 AM

Thank You HUSTLESTUFF for purchasing a spoiler!
This will allow me to make a second batch of spoilers. Please be patient as it takes some time for the spoilers to be made as the plastic company can take its sweet time but I will update the thread as soon as I have the second batch in hand.

Also I have setup a PayPal account but I have to charge $7.77 to cover the fees. If ordering via PayPal it is $257.77 per spoiler plus shipping to your zipcode

Thanks

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/15/12 02:18 AM

Thank you dodgeman316 for your order!
I am going to the plastic company tomorrow bright and early to setup the order for the second batch

I will update the thread as soon as possible!
Posted By: cudacam

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/20/12 05:01 PM

Thanks!

Attached picture 7387330-Spoiler1.JPG
Posted By: cudacam

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/20/12 05:03 PM

Attached picture 7387332-spoiler3.JPG

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/27/12 01:34 AM

Thanks for the order draginmopars!

Just a quick update on the second batch
I called the plastic company and they said it might get pushed back till next week since they just got the ABS material and the order in front of us is giving them some trouble.
I will call again this Friday and keep you guys posted!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/28/12 04:14 PM

Called the plastic company and our spoilers got pushed back until next week. Sorry about the delays. If you look at the first page of the thread, it took about a month to get the first batch.

Thanks for your patience!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/03/12 12:51 AM

Quick update on the spoilers
The plastic company is about done finishing the mold for the ductless versions. Basically they are making inserts for the ducts and making it a flat version. They said end of the week again. Let's hope for the best!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/06/12 03:00 AM

The second batch of spoilers are here! They come with white scratch protectors

The plastic company was only able to make four today but I will pick up the rest next week

The second batch will NOT have ducts

Spoilers #11,12, and 13 are already spoken for!
thanks for your orders guys!

I will ship them out as soon as possible

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/07/12 07:11 AM

Just a quick tip for all those who have bought my spoiler
I highly recommend protecting the ABS plastic from harmful UV rays of the sun. Primer, Spray paint or even Plasti-Dip spray since that stuff is removable

here is my own spoiler after 3 years on the road. I sprayed primer on it when I first got it

I coated it with black Plasti-Dip spray and it looks brand new!

it should be available at your local hardware store

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/15/12 11:42 PM

The rest of the spoilers are here!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/16/12 01:46 AM

Here you go Finoke!

your spoiler is on it's way

thanks for the order

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/17/12 04:08 AM

Just a quick pic to show how streetable my spoiler is
It clears typical concrete parking blocks just fine

100% Made in USA

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/19/12 02:32 PM

I have a few spoilers left

get them while they last!
Posted By: The McKain Boyz

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/29/12 03:30 AM

Last summer I bought a spoiler from Rylis Pro, and it took me and my 17 year old daughter about an hour to install it on my yellow AAR Cuda. The quality was great, and I cut out the brake duct air inlet holes and will eventually add some duct work when I find the right parts. I will try to attach a photo. it will take me longer to attach the photo than it did to attach the spoiler!!!

I give up, I can't attach the photos of the car with the spoiler!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/29/12 04:14 AM

Thanks for the pictures The McKain Boyz!
I will post them up for you

Your `Cuda looks amazing!
Glad you like the spoiler!
Posted By: PHJ426

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/31/12 08:52 AM

Did you make the mold or did you have it made?

Great job on doing the project either way!
Posted By: The McKain Boyz

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/31/12 05:12 PM

I really do like the spoiler. It really adds a nice finishing touch to the car and really makes it stand out even better! I Plan to take it to Mopars at Carlisle and the Pittsburgh Grand Prix next summer.

I f any of you readers are considering one of these, you won't be disappointed!
Happy new year!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/02/13 08:02 PM

Here you go Efidart,

Your spoiler is on its way!
hope you like it!
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/03/13 05:10 AM

Your AAR looks awesome with the front full-width spoiler!!!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/02/13 10:49 PM

Here you go Jeremiah!

thanks for the order!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/26/13 05:22 AM

Here you go burnt_o_matic!

hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: b426hemi

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/05/13 11:13 PM

Hi There
do you have any front spoilers left, looking to purchase one for my 70 Cuda? Thanks bill

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/12/13 10:43 PM

Here you go b426hemi!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/18/13 11:23 PM

Here you go Thomas!
Your spoiler is on its way

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/18/13 11:34 PM

Some bad news, I am almost sold out of my second batch of spoilers...
Good news is I had a third batch made!

Please PM me to order one!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/14/13 01:37 AM

Here you go kilrcuda

Hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: dangina

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/22/13 02:15 AM

aewsome product! hopefully you make them for a roadrunner someday..

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/22/13 03:37 AM

Thanks for the kind words!
I would love to make a Road Runner or any other body style spoiler if I had
1) an existing spoiler to make a mold off of and
2) high enough demand for said spoiler

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/22/13 04:08 AM

Hey everyone,
I have been getting emails if I will produce the ducted spoilers again. Unfortunately, back when I had ducted versions most people wanted a non ducted spoiler like the one mounted on my car so I changed the mold permanently to have no ducts. That being said the current spoilers still have the duct impressions on the back side that you can cut out and rivet or glue a flanged brake duct to. I have included pics to show you what I'm talking about.

you can faintly see the oval shape but it is still there

Front

I found this inexpensive brake duct that looks like it would work with the spoiler
Allstar performance ALL42141
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all42141
http://www.amazon.com/Allstar-ALL42141-Single-Plastic-Cooling/dp/B006K8K8HG#productDetails

the dimensions are 9.5 x 5.6 x 4.8 inches which fits on the back side of my spoiler.

If I were to do it, I would cut out the duct shape and mount this flanged brake duct either with rivets or ABS glue.
That should make a solid duct and would be even easier to connect brake duct hose to than even the older ducted spoiler versions

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/02/13 04:55 PM

Another option for ducting is to look at what's available from the local hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Sears, etc) in their shop-vacuum supply equipment parts. I've found a part at Hm Depot that can actually fit inside the Challenger T/A front spoiler sections (with very minimal massaging, and perhaps use epoxy glue to hold in place).... its only 2.5" diameter for the hose, but the unique advantage is that the duct tube is shaped at an angle (about 30~45 degrees) so that the hose can be attached and routed parallel to the ground. So, look at that option for also mounting to the cool AAR TransAm front spoilers. (You can purchase the 2.5" diameter hose from those stores, as well, in either 7' lengths or little longer. Or else, purchase racing duct in 2.5" diameter from racing outlets. I'd imagine that 2.5" diameter hose is sufficient for our maximum speed events where needed... unless you can get over 125 mph routinely.)

Attached picture 7799714-DSC08414.jpg
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/07/13 10:03 PM

Any pics of this on a B-body?
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/04/13 12:46 PM

Still available and current cost???
Posted By: smracing

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/13/13 02:51 AM

times 2 looking at no ducts

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/19/13 12:22 PM

Getting ready to mount the spoiler

Homemade aluminum duct to route the air to the brakes...

Cuda blog

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/21/13 12:22 PM

Quote:

Getting ready to mount spoiler.

Looking good - post some pics of the front and sides, from a distance, when you finish it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/24/13 05:33 PM

Installed and already at the racetrack

______________________________________________-

Cuda blog

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/24/13 07:12 PM

Your 'Cuda looks awesome!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/25/13 09:22 AM

Quote:

Installed and already at the racetrack

Looks bad azzz man! You have quite a few pics on your blog I see - thanks! How do people react to your 'Cuda in Austria?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/25/13 05:52 PM

Thank you for the compliments,
I actually get quite a few thumbs up when driving around on the streets...American classic cars have a large following here, with numerous shows and gatherings. But not many owners really take their cars to the track - so when the flag drops, you're mostly up against Porsches, Alfas and BMWs...

thomas

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/26/13 02:35 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the compliments,
I actually get quite a few thumbs up when driving around on the streets...American classic cars have a large following here, with numerous shows and gatherings. But not many owners really take their cars to the track - so when the flag drops, you're mostly up against Porsches, Alfas and BMWs...

thomas

Glad to hear it! Just seeing your car on the track, with the other European cars, looks surreal. I hope you keep on enjoying it and kick a few butts as well...

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/10/13 01:11 AM

Here you go Pierre!

Your spoiler is on its way to France!
Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/31/13 01:25 AM

Here you go Surfmichaels!

Posted By: Surfmichaels

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/04/13 08:09 PM

Spoiler arrived very quickly and looks great. Thanks!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/22/14 06:09 AM

Hey dangina your spoiler is on its way!

I hope you like it and get it to fit your Runner!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/26/14 11:17 AM

I still want to get one of these...
Posted By: kudaken440

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/30/14 09:16 PM

I'm looking for a front spoiler for a 70 Cuda. Do you have any left?
It's a killer look and they're difficult to find. I'm in Florida. Thanks!
KudaKen

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/30/14 09:20 PM

Yes I still have a few spoilers left!
Please click on my screen name to find my email and send me a message to order one

Thanks!
Posted By: mat

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/01/14 02:14 AM

any chance of a hood in the future?

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/01/14 03:08 AM

Quote:

any chance of a hood in the future?

Sorry mat, unfortunately I not going to make a hood.
I got my AAR hood from Year One though!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/12/14 11:42 PM

Here you go Anton CUDA!

Posted By: 590 Challenger

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/10/15 03:47 AM

I didn't see where you have yet made for the Challenger....I would take one if they are available

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/10/15 04:24 AM

Quote:

I didn't see where you have yet made for the Challenger....I would take one if they are available

I had another thread for possible Challenger Spoilers but it has since disappeared. I tried to get them made in ABS plastic but there was never enough people who would drop down a deposit so that I could get a mold made.

Cudaspoilerguy has some Chally spoilers in fiberglass and is the same person I got mine from
Posted By: 590 Challenger

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/10/15 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I had another thread for possible Challenger Spoilers but it has since disappeared. I tried to get them made in ABS plastic but there was never enough people who would drop down a deposit so that I could get a mold made.

Cudaspoilerguy has some Chally spoilers in fiberglass and is the same person I got mine from

Thank You!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/16/15 03:13 AM

Here you go Steve!

Your spoiler is on its way to Denmark
You are getting spoiler #023 because I can't count haha!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/08/15 04:45 AM

Here you go ODIN!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 12/29/15 04:53 AM

Here you go Paul! Your spoiler is on its way!

Happy New Years Moparts!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/03/16 05:18 AM

Here you go Brian! Your spoiler is on its way!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/13/16 01:40 AM

I have only 3 spoilers left from my 3rd batch, so I had some more made.

The white paper is a protective cover so that you get your spoiler in good shape.

PM if interesed in ordering
Thanks!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/08/16 08:14 AM

Hey Wildjones,
Your spoiler will look great on your car!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/09/16 11:24 PM

Hey joes68340s!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/15/16 03:58 AM

Hey Trevor!
Your spoiler is on the way!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/22/16 07:50 AM

Thanks for everything James!

and I hope you like spoiler #031! It'll look awesome on your car!

I will see you again next time I go down to Willow Springs!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/20/16 04:24 AM

It was cool meeting you Motwn73!
Feel free to contact me with any questions

Hope you like your spoiler!
Posted By: Turkeyjerky

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/27/16 05:21 AM

Looking to buy one. Pm'd

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/28/16 03:49 AM

Hello,
Thanks for the interest in the spoiler!
First step to purchase one is to please email me your shipping zipcode at:

arielrylis@yahoo.com

This also acts as a record/receipt of the transaction.

I don't always check my PM's but do check my email regularly.
Thanks

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/03/16 06:34 AM

Here you go Redo1973!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/06/16 10:43 PM

Here you go Turkeyjerky!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/25/16 09:19 PM

Here you go Marty!

Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/12/17 06:20 AM

Here you go TorqStorm!

I think the supercharger setups you make are really cool!

www.torqstorm.com
Posted By: Redo1973

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 02/05/17 04:29 PM

It's been a while since I received the spoiler. But, my car is finally back from paint so I thought that I would shoot you a picture of it installed. We added side skirts to fill in the gap between the spoiler and body.

Attached picture paint front2 (640x480) (2).jpg

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/30/17 09:54 PM

If anyone is going to the Spring Fling Speed Festival trackday at Big Willow in Rosamond next week April 5th-6th
I will be bringing a couple of spoilers if anyone wanted to check them out and save on shipping!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/21/17 02:59 AM

Here you go Batman! Your spoiler is on its way!

Hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: lee01

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 05/18/17 07:24 PM

just registered. You might have a new customer up north! Pm you!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 05/26/17 11:17 PM

Here you go lee01!
Your spoiler is on the way!

Hope you enjoy it
Posted By: lee01

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 05/26/17 11:30 PM

Thank you very much!
Posted By: summitrace shp

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/12/17 12:13 PM

I want one pis how mush with shiping cost to 11413 newyork

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/30/17 08:48 PM

Here you go David!

Hope you enjoy it!

Attached File
20170630_081910.jpg  (255 downloads)
Posted By: Quapman

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/09/17 03:19 AM

I received David's spoiler and it looks great! I'll be installing it on the cuda he bought from me. Any tips for a proper install? Super product, BTW. I'm pretty sure I have one of your older 'glass Challenger spoilers from years back.

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/09/17 08:16 PM

Hello Quapman,
The spoiler hangs very low and I would be concerned as it might get damaged during shipment of the car. Maybe it would be better to mock up but keep inside of trunk during shipping?

In any case I use stainless bolts, nylock nuts and fender washers that can easily be bought at the local hardware store (get metric in David's case). I use 8 bolts. Mark the spoiler 8 evenly spaced spots and drill through the mounting flange. Use that as a template to mark the lower valance. All you have to do is place the spoiler on the forward most edge and clamp temporarily. Once the valance is drilled just line up the holes and insert the bolts. The plastic will conform to the valance once bolted up snug, not too tight though. If you have a nice painted valance I would use thin rubber washers.

I have never made any Challenger spoilers and yours is probably from Cudaspoiler guy as he has the fiberglass ones. Grateful you like my spoiler though thanks!
Posted By: Quapman

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/19/17 06:58 PM

Thanks Rylis. I've spoken to David and yes, the spoiler will get shipped in the trunk.

I'm planning on an AAR clone, so I may be hitting you up for one of your beauties.

I was going to mount yours on David's car pretty much as you described, but wanted to make sure there aren't any hidden issues to look out for. I also would have taken the valance off to do it properly.

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/30/17 09:07 PM

More spoilers are in stock!

Please email me at rylispro@gmail.com for a quote

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/21/17 08:26 PM

Hey there HustlerX5!

Hope you enjoy it!

Also I have added some install instructions on my website
http://www.rylispro.com/cuda-spoiler

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/03/18 12:45 AM

I made a product demo video of the `Cuda front spoilers. Check it out on YouTube:

`Cuda Front spoilers

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 07/14/18 08:44 PM

Thanks Mark for the order!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/16/18 09:25 PM

Here you go David! Your spoiler is on its way.

Enjoy!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 10/25/18 06:44 AM

One of our front spoilers on David's badass `Cuda! Looks absolutely wicked!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 11/24/18 01:29 AM

Here you go Chris!

Hope you enjoy the spoiler thanks!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/20/19 04:09 AM

Here you go JR!

Hope you enjoy your spoiler!

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/17/19 08:18 PM

Here you go Louis,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 05/31/19 10:51 PM

Hey Brad,
[Linked Image]
Enjoy!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/03/19 02:27 AM

Hey Newman,
[Linked Image]
Enjoy!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 08/15/19 06:07 AM

Hey Vincent,
[Linked Image]
Enjoy!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/26/20 06:16 AM

I forgot to post up your pic Bryan!
[Linked Image]
Glad you like the spoiler

[Linked Image]
Here is the last of the `Cuda front spoilers we have on hand until the next batch and is for sale at current pricing.
The price of ABS plastic went up slightly which sucks... The previous price increase on the front spoilers was back in 2012. We won't have updated pricing until the new batch comes out, but we'll keep you posted

thanks!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 04/27/20 09:42 PM

Thanks for the order Russell!
[Linked Image]
Enjoy the spoiler!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/12/20 11:23 PM

Your spoiler is on it's way Bernie!
You are getting spoiler #051
[Linked Image]
Forgot to take a pic haha!

Thanks!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 06/26/20 07:30 PM

Here you go Jean!
[Linked Image]
Hope you like the spoiler thanks!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/28/20 07:54 PM

Hey Danny,
[Linked Image]
Will look good on Zeus!
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 09/28/20 08:08 PM

Check out our video on boxing up a `Cuda front spoiler on our YouTube channel!

[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 01/30/21 05:20 PM

Hey Chris!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 03/08/21 11:25 PM

Hey Kevin,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Trans Am Cuda front spoiler - 05/17/21 04:13 PM

Here you go Ken!
[Linked Image]

Have fun with the AAR, can't wait to see it run!
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums