Moparts

New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess

Posted By: jsbrown

New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/30/19 06:56 AM

New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel tanks without the side to side recess in the bottom

I've got a batch of the 3 variants of 68-up A-Body tanks that are done without the side to side recess in the bottom that was meant for the 67 and earlier cars where the strap was going from side to side. Prior to these, all A-Body reproduction tanks were using the same bottom half that had a bottom facing recess that ran from side to side. The patterning of the new one is based on the 70-71 ECS and regular 71-76 tanks where there's a small circular recess as well. The circular recess wasn't present on the 68-70 tank, so it's not fully correct for that one, but much better nonetheless without the side to side recess. The new tanks can be found HERE ... All three types are in stock and running $139.95.

Thanks to Scott for pushing for these!

Attached picture CR11_newbottom.JPG
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/30/19 07:30 AM

Looks nice. What are they...16 gallon or 18 ?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/30/19 12:30 PM

Sounds good! It is about time the generic tank was replaced!

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/30/19 03:35 PM

Hi,

They're spec'd as a 16.

Jeff
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/30/19 05:41 PM

This is awesome!!
Did you fix the 70 tank issue with the filler hole in the wrong spot? The filler hole should be in the same spot as the 71 and up tanks, all you need is a 72 tank without the nipple to make it correct for 70.
It is not the same as 68 and 69 tanks

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/30/19 06:03 PM

Thank you for the info!! This change was only to the bottom half. I’ll look into what you’ve asked about. I appreciate the feedback!
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 08/31/19 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by jsbrown
Thank you for the info!! This change was only to the bottom half. I’ll look into what you’ve asked about. I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks
Everyone advertises the 1970 gas tank wrong. It's a one year only gas tank.
Here is a picture of a 70 tank and a 68 - 69 tank, you can see the filler holes is not in the same location.
I have a 72 tank in my 70 duster. I just cap the nipple. I would like to but the correct tank in it.

Attached picture fullsizeoutput_23bc.jpeg
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: New Product: 68-up A-Body Fuel Tanks w/o side to side recess - 04/30/21 05:56 AM

JSBrown is out of the 1970-71 4 vent tanks.Does anyone else know of a vendor selling the new tooling tanks?
© 2024 Moparts Forums