Moparts

What would U do with this 58 Plymouth?

Posted By: RUMBLON

What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/03/11 11:31 PM

OK, dont laugh. I was trying to sell a little truck that I am into for a grand and had a guy call me who wanted to trade me this? I have always wanted a old school Mopar fin car COUCH, yes couch, so I took it in trade thinking I could sell the front clip and other part or what ever.

The car is a 4 door and god knows who cut the roof off it. So I figured is good for what I described above.

However, I know someone may need the parts on the back as well and thought I may try and sell it as is for what I had into the truck, SO AS TO NOT PISS OF THE MASSES OF GUYS WHO MAY WANT NEED THEM.

Im going to post a WIW in the WIW section as I dont know what fenders, grille ect are worth and I would not mind a front clip book shelf or table either AND HAVE NO PROBLEM MAKING GREAT SHOP DECORATIONS OUT OF IT IF i AM STUCK WITH IT, AS i love shop decorations.

Now I am guessing that done as is, with no roof, its going to be too weak in the center to drive it as it is???? OR IS IT????

I just got it late last night and o time to try and get it running but I am told it did run?????

what do you guys think?????
http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv312/SVMOPARS/1958%20PLYMOUTH/
ONE CONFUSED RUMBLON!

Posted By: Marty cRUIZer

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/03/11 11:36 PM

If you have the resources, get it back on the street!

MOO

Marty
Marysville, OH
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/04/11 01:05 AM

Don't think it's a unibody car so it shouldn't be as weak as one with the roof cut off.

I say flat black, flames and ride
Posted By: poorboy

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/04/11 01:34 AM

Rule of thumb, if the doors still open & close correctly, its still pretty sound, structure wise. If it wasn't a big deal to get it running, I might be tempted to drive it for a year or 2.

Back in high school, a couple of my buddies hacked the roof off of a 67 or 68 Chrysler. They beat the crap out of it the first summer, I remember at least 9 people piled in in on more then 1 occasion. The second summer, the doors didn't work well, so they welded the doors shut and ran it another summer. Of course that 68 Chrysler was only 6 or 7 years old at the time, but I remember it had rusty quarters, so it wasn't a prize to begin with.

Have fun with it, then part it out & build your couch. Gene
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/05/11 12:29 AM

To be honest, if you were closer to me I'd be interested in it.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/05/11 12:55 AM

Too bad you pin a badge on. That is a perfect example of a nighttime road trip, plates off, hell-raising thrill ride.
I smell low-budget thriller movie all over that thing.
If no one buys the front clip, at least have a buddy with a camcorder show up first at the local cruise-in and then drive up with some napalm afire all over the front.

Posted By: cuhemida

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/05/11 08:31 PM

weld the back door shut put a bench set out of a 2 door car with tilt backs and drive the thing
Posted By: Fury Fan

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/05/11 09:24 PM

Quote:

weld the back door shut put a bench set out of a 2 door car with tilt backs and drive the thing

Weld the front doors shut, extend the controls, and drive it from teh back seat! Unless you have a pickup with a camper shell already set up for that...
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/05/11 10:17 PM

Quote:

Now I am guessing that done as is, with no roof, its going to be too weak in the center to drive it as it is???? OR IS IT????

If the car would have been weak it would've buckled in half already by the way it's jacked up and supported by the stands in the middle/rear.

Paint it semi gloss and drive it!
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/05/11 10:55 PM

I'd make it run, drive, do a little cleanup on it and have a party everywhere I went. I bet I could have it full of half naked girls every warm Friday and Saturday night out here!

Your results may vary.
Posted By: stateline

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/06/11 03:02 AM

someone needs to splice a rusty 2 dr HT body into it , not that hard to do , thats a real good parts car - would be a shame not to use it one way or the other to save a 2 dr HT, if it was a Dodge Id buy it in a minute!!
Posted By: savoy64

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/07/11 04:21 AM

i bet the front clip is worth $2000--the 57/58 were notorious on rusting out the fenders behind and around the headlights--check the wanted ads on hemmings---bob
Posted By: mopowertim

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/12/11 01:33 AM

No way I'd tear that apart!!! Sell it to someone who'll drive it, or fix it up and drive it!! Even with the top off, it's too nice to part out!!! I'd personally love to have it!!!
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/13/11 05:50 PM

whats under the hood ?? 318 poly ?? or ??
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 10/18/11 08:40 PM

The '58-specific parts are very desireable and bring good money, lots of guys looking to convert '57's into '58 Christine clones. The place for this car is www.forwardlook.net
Posted By: Not_A_Blazer

Re: What would U do with this 58 Plymouth? - 01/25/12 04:24 AM

What ever became of this car?
© 2024 Moparts Forums