Moparts

what do you think of this car?

Posted By: Mopar Ron

what do you think of this car? - 09/26/11 10:36 PM

I found these pics of a mopar coupe,what are your thoughts of the tire cover message????

Posted By: dogdays

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/26/11 10:54 PM

They're just trying to twist your crank. WhoGAS what the unwashed masses think?

R.
Posted By: Mike P

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 12:13 AM

trying to justify what he has turned into a cookie-cutter car
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 12:53 AM

Quote:

They're just trying to twist your crank.

R.

Gotta be. The Chebby guys wouldn't get it. Clever. Annoying , but clever.
Posted By: moparx

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 01:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

They're just trying to twist your crank.

R.

Gotta be. The Chebby guys wouldn't get it. Clever. Annoying , but clever.

what a waste of time. i feel like you do ron.....

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 03:33 AM

I look at it this way If you like chevys thats cool, build a chevy, why do a mopar if you like chevys

Oh thats right chevys are made of wood till 1937
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 04:41 AM

Quote:

I look at it this way If you like chevys thats cool, build a chevy, why do a mopar if you like chevys

Oh thats right chevys are made of wood till 1937

On the positive side.....he is half way to a nice car. It just needs the "right" engine! It is fixable. At least he recognized a great body style when he saw it.

Mark
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 06:00 AM

Sorry, don't know what it is, so what is it?

-Daty

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Sorry, don't know what it is, so what is it?

-Daty

Its a 31 chrysler coupe with just another chevy engine in it
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 06:39 PM

Thanks, had no idea.

-Daty
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 07:16 PM

The owner is just trying to rationalize taking the easy route and going with the masses who put the SBC in everything.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/27/11 07:50 PM

Who puts a conversion van spare tire cover on a hot rod?
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 12:15 AM

Quote:

Who puts a conversion van spare tire cover on a hot rod?

It came free with the motor.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 01:13 AM

Why waste a good engine on a non-driver (look at the steering coupler).

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 01:54 AM

Quote:

Why waste a good engine on a non-driver (look at the steering coupler).

wow ! i missed that !i'm no "expert" fabber by any means, but steering and brakes are top priority on anything i want to ride in, as well as anything i want to share the road with ! wonder what else is "fixed up" with chrome ?

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 02:54 AM

Wasn't thinking chrome so much as it appears to be a rag joint setup that is touching the header, not a good combo, imo.
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 04:26 AM

It appears there's a nut loose between the seat and steering wheel!
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 05:01 PM

Quote:

thats what i call a slopar,,,,junk powered mopar body,,,

todays trend is leaning more towards ford in a ford mopar in a mopar,,so i thought
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/28/11 10:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

todays trend is leaning more towards ford in a ford mopar in a mopar,,so i thought

My leaning trend is to put a Mopar in everything. Unless I have a free small block Chevy laying around.

Right now I'm putting together a 1930 Ford Coupe with a big block Chrysler, 727, and 8 3/4 rearend!

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/29/11 01:47 AM

Quote:

Wasn't thinking chrome so much as it appears to be a rag joint setup that is touching the header, not a good combo, imo.

plus the fact the rag joint appears to have some angle to it and the coupler at the firewall is NOT designed to be used as a u-joint.........
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/29/11 02:13 AM

SBC's are so overdone and boring.
Posted By: cuhemida

Re: what do you think of this car? - 09/29/11 02:44 AM

so the guy wanted a "slowpar" and needed to know he could get all the motor parts at the loc. Walmart

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/01/11 06:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My leaning trend is to put a Mopar in everything. Unless I have a free small block Chevy laying around.

Right now I'm putting together a 1930 Ford Coupe with a big block Chrysler, 727, and 8 3/4 rearend!

i thought you had a 1940 dodge project?

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/01/11 06:04 AM

Quote:

SBC's are so overdone and boring.

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/01/11 11:06 AM

To each his own, some people just want a hot rod and really don’t care about what powers it or how (if) it performs or drives. In which case it really doesn’t matter to them what powers the car as long as it easy, meets the expatiations of the unwashed masses and can have a lot of chrome and doodads thrown on it.

I guess it just depends on where a person’s priorities are. From the pictures, whoever built the car did a beautiful job and spent a bunch of money on it but cheaped out on a bunch too.

Being as how the steering was mentioned, I’m currently in the process of betting the steering sorted out on my 37 Dodge. By time I bought the joints and shafts to snake the steering around the headers on the HEMI, I’ve got over $500 in joints and shafts (and their the cheaper plain steel rather than stainless or billet(because won’t be seen with the fenders on). Of course on mine I won’t have to worry about a rag joint melting on a long trip, and I’ll bet that’s less money than he has in having the tire cover painted…….like I said it’s about priorities.

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/02/11 03:42 PM

To each his own, maybe, but this clown made a point of saying Chevy is better, then we see the poor engineering involved and understand why he thinks Chevy is the correct direction.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/03/11 05:42 AM

Was at a car show today , while walking by some t-buckets first one had a old hemi, stopped checked it out, real nice, second , third, forth, all chevy powered,walked on by, next one ford powered, stopped checked it out. The car that set me back was a real nice custom 56 merc, nice paint , interior really looked sharp and a chevy for power, who in their right mind would put a chevy motor in a mercury? ruined my day.

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/04/11 01:57 AM

Quote:

Was at a car show today , while walking by some t-buckets first one had a old hemi, stopped checked it out, real nice, second , third, forth, all chevy powered,walked on by, next one ford powered, stopped checked it out. The car that set me back was a real nice custom 56 merc, nice paint , interior really looked sharp and a chevy for power, who in their right mind would put a chevy motor in a mercury? ruined my day.

i agree with you,, pass the GM stuff look at every thing else,,,was at a large event many years ago,,car craft street machine nats,,,seen a chevy powered prostreet DUSTER made me sick
Posted By: J_GAMALA

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/04/11 02:31 AM

Quote:

now thats funny... next time stay home so you dont puke all over yourself,,,,,,,,
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/08/11 05:43 PM

if it had a cool chevy enging sure...id stop if it had a 409 or something...but a 350? bfd he prob spent so much on chrome he couldnt afford anything but a chevy engine...i mean you can buy a nice one for 50 bucks...if there is such a thing! Im all about hot rodding, but I like to run blood lines...mopars powered by mopars, fords by fords amc well may put a mopar in one but id like tokeep it amc or a derivative...the mopar jeep 4.0 doesnt count does it?

There is a local guy with a f150 that has a custom tail gate trashing a mopar on it even has a picture of a dodge truck...funny thing was it looked just like mine...till i got next to him and blew his doors off with the 2500 diesel...
Posted By: poorboy

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/09/11 02:35 AM

We have a 1/2 mile dirt race track here in town. You can't find a used 350 Chevy engine that isn't wore out, and then they think a rebuildable core is worth $500. You can find nearly any other brand of small block engine in good enough condition to drop in a car for about 1/2 that price. Good thing you can still buy the "new" assembled in Mexico small block Chevy's for little money, but as I hear it, you have a 50/50 chance of getting a good one. Seems a cheap and reliable Chevy engines are a crap shoot as well. Of course, for twice (or more) the money you can actually buy good motors.
Still the sheep think you have to have a Chevy 350 to have a reliable engine. Who says advertising doesn't work? What ever makes them happy, I know better. Gene

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/13/11 05:38 PM

Quote:

if it had a cool chevy enging sure...id stop if it had a 409 or something...but a 350? bfd he prob spent so much on chrome he couldnt afford anything but a chevy engine...i mean you can buy a nice one for 50 bucks...if there is such a thing! Im all about hot rodding, but I like to run blood lines...mopars powered by mopars, fords by fords amc well may put a mopar in one but id like tokeep it amc or a derivative...the mopar jeep 4.0 doesnt count does it?

There is a local guy with a f150 that has a custom tail gate trashing a mopar on it even has a picture of a dodge truck...funny thing was it looked just like mine...till i got next to him and blew his doors off with the 2500 diesel...

i wouldnt think the jeep 4.0 would count,,its GM based,,,

nice line up of autos,,,and no GM,,very kool

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/13/11 05:42 PM

Quote:

We have a 1/2 mile dirt race track here in town. You can't find a used 350 Chevy engine that isn't wore out, and then they think a rebuildable core is worth $500. You can find nearly any other brand of small block engine in good enough condition to drop in a car for about 1/2 that price. Good thing you can still buy the "new" assembled in Mexico small block Chevy's for little money, but as I hear it, you have a 50/50 chance of getting a good one. Seems a cheap and reliable Chevy engines are a crap shoot as well. Of course, for twice (or more) the money you can actually buy good motors.
Still the sheep think you have to have a Chevy 350 to have a reliable engine. Who says advertising doesn't work? What ever makes them happy, I know better. Gene

GENE when i lived in the chicago area,building my 66 barracuda,,i was lucky enough to be able to have my motor built by rhyne racing engines in GARY IND, they normally only build roundy round motors,,great place to do busniess i might add,,, any way that was in the mid 1990s back then they had a giant sign inside WANTED 340/400 chevy blocks,,

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/14/11 02:16 AM

I went to the local car show over the weekend and ran into a friend who was telling me about a really neat Olds wagon with Tri-Power. When we got over to the car I had to laugh at the SBC with an Olds Valve cover conversion like this:

At least on this car he didn’t try to make it into a fake HEMI …..

Over the years I’ve seen more than one disguised SBC. The Ardun conversion was popular for a while……

I think the best ones I’ve ever seen were the adaptors to put Ford Valve covers on a SBC (kind of popular with the plastic Cobra crowd for a while).

Yup lot a proud Chevy owners out there.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/14/11 05:38 PM

Correction...The Jeep 4.0 is a direct descendant of the Jeep 4.2 or 258 which is a direct descendant of the AMC six. It's not a GM design at all. I also believe designing the 2.5liter AMC four gave them some ideas they put into the 4.0. But Jeepers are swapping 4.2 cranks into 4.0 blocks, also adapting 4.0 heads onto 258s.

R.

For a really cool inline six the GM DOHC 4.2 is the cat's meow.

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/14/11 07:23 PM

Quote:

I went to the local car show over the weekend and ran into a friend who was telling me about a really neat Olds wagon with Tri-Power. When we got over to the car I had to laugh at the SBC with an Olds Valve cover conversion like this:

At least on this car he didn’t try to make it into a fake HEMI …..

Over the years I’ve seen more than one disguised SBC. The Ardun conversion was popular for a while……

I think the best ones I’ve ever seen were the adaptors to put Ford Valve covers on a SBC (kind of popular with the plastic Cobra crowd for a while).

Yup lot a proud Chevy owners out there.

a few years ago in rod and custom,there was an article on how to make dodge red ram hemi vavle covers fit your s block chevy,,and then there was a coupe in the area for a while that he did it too,,,we always laughed at the guy,,,

look in the current rod an custom,,the article on the whatr if.,,,32 zypher i seen it in person and almost fooled me,,,linc valve covers on a olds J2 motor

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/14/11 07:40 PM

heres a pic of the car on the cover of current rod and custom linc valve covers on a J2

Attached picture 6871203-N.S.R.Ayork,PA2011150.JPG

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/14/11 07:41 PM

motor with linc valve covers

Attached picture 6871207-N.S.R.Ayork,PA2011153.JPG
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: what do you think of this car? - 10/17/11 06:30 AM

They say you can't polish a turd, but I see that someone has found a way to CHROME one

Attached picture 6875261-db_Ad_Nationals_4781.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums