Moparts

MSD should build these for the Flat Heads !

Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

MSD should build these for the Flat Heads ! - 08/30/11 03:43 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on the phone and order a MSD distributor for your Dodge or Chrysler Flathead 6. I honestly think MSD would make them if there were enough interest. Does anybody make a new distributor for these motors?
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: MSD should build these for the Flat Heads ! - 09/02/11 06:00 AM

Quote:

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on the phone and order a MSD distributor for your Dodge or Chrysler Flathead 6. I honestly think MSD would make them if there were enough interest. Does anybody make a new distributor for these motors?

im sure MSD would make them ,,or adapt one to fit, does pertronix make a kit for the dizzy your working with ???

arrington engines does modern HEMI stuff, they had MSD make a dizzy to fit there redesigned timing cover for the 5.7 6.1 hemi to convert it to a dizzy so no computer is needed,,problem is,,, the conversion package is WAAAAY over priced,,they may of sold 3 kits,,maybe,,

but MSD would probably do some thing if you got a hold of the right person
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: MSD should build these for the Flat Heads ! - 09/02/11 07:29 PM

You do realize you can use your points to run an MSD box. The current thru the points would be minimal and they'd like last forever. Assuming teh distributor is in good shape to begin with no need to replace it.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: MSD should build these for the Flat Heads ! - 09/02/11 07:42 PM

6V positive ground?
12V negative ground?

They currently do the 12V electronics.
I doubt the market for a 6V positive ground would be large enough for the design and manufacturing costs to be covered, even if you did one that could be used for GM and Ford engines too.
A quick search turned up these:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258497

http://www.ytmag.com/store/product_files/1142P6_2591.htm
© 2024 Moparts Forums