Moparts

Viper eng in a street rod ????

Posted By: hemiparts

Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 08/26/11 06:56 AM

I have one of my good resto customers that is trying to do a viper eng swap into a dodge panel truck. Any body here done this swap ?? we have the vin # of the viper so ordering computers is not a problem I just have questions on which modules we are going to need to make it crank and run. Any help would be welcome as always.

Chris
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 08/26/11 10:05 PM

Sounds like a cool project. I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a viper engine in an older truck.
Posted By: G_T

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 08/28/11 09:29 PM

Call these guys:

http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/

They can hook you up - even reprogram your existing engine controller.
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/05/11 02:00 PM

http://www.thecrankshopvt.com/

If you look under the auto section of his site, you will see his 34 Viper. He also has another Viper project going at his shop.

Call and ask for Larry.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/05/11 03:18 PM

This project MUST happen! I'm tired of going to shows that are specific for the older rods, and seeing row after row of old hot rod with a "corvette motor" in it.
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/06/11 06:40 AM

theres a guy in vermont with a 34 plymouth,,,lisence plate says old vip,,, it has a v 10 and 6 speed ill try to find pics,,

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/11/11 02:42 AM

Quote:

theres a guy in vermont with a 34 plymouth,,,lisence plate says old vip,,, it has a v 10 and 6 speed ill try to find pics,,

Larry at TheCrankShop.

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/11/11 02:50 AM

Attached picture 6820353-viper.jpg

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/11/11 06:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Larry at TheCrankShop.

yes i seen that after my posting on that web sire,, i have not seen the car at NSRA in A few years now,,,

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/11/11 06:22 AM

Quote:

yup thats it, viper powered street rod has to be a wild ride,,,

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/14/11 01:07 AM

I'll see him next week at the Essex, VT NSRA show. He had it there one day last year.

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/15/11 05:53 AM

Quote:

I'll see him next week at the Essex, VT NSRA show. He had it there one day last year.

may have to check that nsra event out next year if i get the chance to work on my 40 dodge,,,

how big is that event TR,,??
Posted By: blown340

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/24/11 10:33 PM

If you decide to use the viper engine you might try contacting hotwireauto.com for the wiring harness. They did a pretty sweet job on the harness for the srt10 motor in my dakota.

-jon

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/25/11 02:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

may have to check that nsra event out next year if i get the chance to work on my 40 dodge,,,

It was drizzling this morning when I was there, but still alot of cars. They advertise 1600+ cars.

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/25/11 07:46 AM

Quote:

If you decide to use the viper engine you might try contacting hotwireauto.com for the wiring harness. They did a pretty sweet job on the harness for the srt10 motor in my dakota.

-jon

SRT/10 dakota,,not were talking my language,,do you have a link to your build ? i have considered it for my barracuda only in my dreams,,but if you pulled it off,,,i take my hat off to you,,way kool,,,wonder if a V 10 will fit in my 40 coupe,,,lol

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/25/11 07:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It was drizzling this morning when I was there, but still alot of cars. They advertise 1600+ cars.

TR... thanks when i get my rod back running ill have to look in to that event,,,
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/26/11 05:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

-jon

SRT/10 dakota,,not were talking my language,,do you have a link to your build ? i have considered it for my barracuda only in my dreams,,but if you pulled it off,,,i take my hat off to you,,way kool,,,wonder if a V 10 will fit in my 40 coupe,,,lol

He stopped posting updates and pictures on it because people would copy them and claim the project to be their own.

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 09/28/11 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

-jon

He stopped posting updates and pictures on it because people would copy them and claim the project to be their own.

weird,,,ok thanks was hoping to see and read about it,sounds like a wild ride
Posted By: mel bohnenkamp

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 04/06/14 11:47 PM

What did u do for a speedo
Posted By: 47droptop

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 10/30/14 04:19 AM

I got the truck V10 set into my '47 Plymouth. I had to cut the firewall back a small amount, but have lots of room for a rad and A/C condensor. Not sure on the length of the viper engines, but you can make it fit fstfish66!!!

Attached picture 8315757-CIMG1567.JPG
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 10/31/14 09:09 PM

Quote:

Wow, Man!!!
I HAVE to see pictures of this.
A V10 in an old Mopar................SOOO COOOL!!!

hell yeah a V10 or a hemi in an old mopar is so cool
and ANY mopar engine is too, any mopar engine is better than any non mopar

here is a 34 dodge coupe with a viper v10

Posted By: 47droptop

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/11/14 07:35 AM

Mudgy, there are some pics on my Facebook page (Glen Ferko)

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/11/14 09:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, Man!!!
I HAVE to see pictures of this.
A V10 in an old Mopar................SOOO COOOL!!!

hell yeah a V10 or a hemi in an old mopar is so cool
and ANY mopar is too, any mopar is better than any non mopar

here is a 34 dodge coupe with a viper v10

thats KOOOL...theres a red one just like that in CT with a 6 speed the tagss says old viper

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/11/14 09:24 AM

Quote:

I got the truck V10 set into my '47 Plymouth. I had to cut the firewall back a small amount, but have lots of room for a rad and A/C condensor. Not sure on the length of the viper engines, but you can make it fit fstfish66!!!

KOOOL
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/17/14 08:20 AM

47droptop-Glen,did you use the truck transmission also? I ask because I am wondering about the bellhousing bolt pattern.I have an old truck with an LA small block and was thinking about a V10 swap.
RT
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/18/14 12:45 AM

I believe the V10 has a different transmission bolt pattern then a LA or a Magnum motor. I think its the same trans as a diesel uses. Gene
Posted By: feets

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/18/14 12:51 AM

Quote:

I believe the V10 has a different transmission bolt pattern then a LA or a Magnum motor. I think its the same trans as a diesel uses. Gene

This is correct.

There are a ton of bellhousing adapters to mate the 5.9 Cummins to Gm, Ford, and many other transmissions. They will mate to the truck V10 as well.
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Viper eng in a street rod ???? - 11/21/14 06:20 AM

those adapters are called the flywheel/starter adapter---they bolt only to the cummins block and are about 3 inches thick---the v10 motor has the tranny bolting directly to it---no adapter....
© 2024 Moparts Forums