Moparts

What wiring harness are you other rodders using?

Posted By: DusterKrazy

What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 09/26/08 10:10 PM

Does anybody know of a fairly priced solution for wiring?? I need a wiring harness or will need it for the mopar powered '46 ford pu. I need something that will work for a four headlight system. Any ideas or suggestions??
Posted By: bohmer2

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 09/26/08 10:47 PM

These guys seem reasonable and are the likely source for my next harness, plus they offer a lot of options for circuit size.

Reble Wire
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 09/27/08 12:40 AM

I have bin looking off and on for one the main thing I don't like about some of the cheeper ones is there is no bulk head to go througth the firewall I guess they just want you to run the wires through a hole
Posted By: DTT

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 09/27/08 03:06 AM

In my 36' bare bones hot rod truck Im going to be using a kit from Rebel Wire....

http://www.rebelwire.com/

Glen is a stand up guy who is into cars, knows cars and is willing to help you out at all costs.
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 09/27/08 01:10 PM

I used an EZ wiring harness for my 36 Plymouth.Bought online for about $165. Easy to install and modify if I needed to.
Posted By: TJP

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/01/08 02:21 AM

Check out centech.com
Absolute top of the line kit's designed by an actual electrical engineer,

I use them EXCLUSIVELY
for street rod type harnesses
Tim
Posted By: Flipper1938

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/01/08 05:57 AM

Quote:

I have bin looking off and on for one the main thing I don't like about some of the cheeper ones is there is no bulk head to go througth the firewall I guess they just want you to run the wires through a hole

I prefer the ones that don't use a bulkhead...lots easier to make a clean installation (hide everything) with the "cheap style".

I bought an EZ Wiring kit from ebay for something like $115. It has worked great so far.
Posted By: Fargo Freek

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/01/08 02:01 PM

I used a Keep it clean wire kit very easy to install and all the wires are labeled

www.keepitcleanwiring.com
Posted By: gtsuperbee

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/07/08 03:26 AM

I am using a ronfranciswiring.com kit in a customer's car.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/08/08 02:39 AM

Quote:

I bought an EZ Wiring kit from ebay for something like $115. It has worked great so far.

When I did my 38 I used the wiring harness from a donor car (79 Newport). Car cost me $100, got a good running 360, trans, rear end, wiring, you name it. I stripped that car for everything I could and scrapped it for $50.

Can't get much cheaper than that and the former owner delivered it to my house for that price too.
Posted By: 79powerwagon

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/08/08 10:24 AM

Kwik-Wire. As an added bonus, they are about 40 minutes from my house!
Posted By: moposcar

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/15/08 03:02 AM

Great post guys. I was coming on here to ask the same question. I need wiring for the 56 and was looking at Painless wiring. Seemed easy enough, but I didn't understand why they do it for the GM tilt steering, and other options. No mopar stuff. I couldn't find what would work best for my application.
Posted By: Flipper1938

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/15/08 03:15 AM

Quote:

Great post guys. I was coming on here to ask the same question. I need wiring for the 56 and was looking at Painless wiring. Seemed easy enough, but I didn't understand why they do it for the GM tilt steering, and other options. No mopar stuff. I couldn't find what would work best for my application.

Most aftermarket steering columns (Ididit and such) used in streetrods are GM style.

My harness was designed for a GM column, but I tweeked it for use with a seprate ignition switch and an old accessory turn signal switch.
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 10/15/08 01:13 PM

Keep in mind that many of the tilt columns used in Mopar products are made by Saginaw and therefore are indentical to GM in many aspects. The tilt columns I have from a Chrysler and 81 Dodge pickup were both made by Saginaw and I used a GM tilt column repair manual to dismantle them.

- EM
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 11/04/08 07:40 AM

GM ownes the patent on tilt,,most columns are tilt these days thats why most are geard to GM,,

im also trying to decide what after market wiring to use in my 66, then ill use the same in my 40,a complete kit with all the relays,is costly,,almost 600.00 bucks from ron francis,,that is the kit ide like to use,but a hard price to swollow,,
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 03/07/09 12:59 PM

Thanks for the props guys. If anyone needs info on our Rebel Wire harnesses, please let me know. 618-395-8216.
Glenn
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 03/07/09 05:09 PM

GREAT! Now I know where my next 5 paychecks or so are going...Do I get a bulk discount Glenn?
Posted By: Cheeto

Re: What wiring harness are you other rodders using? - 03/07/09 05:12 PM

Quote:

...run the wires through a hole...

Something to consider for future maintenance. I did a complete re-wire on a friend's '60 El Camino. Took my time and ran the wires low and out of sight. Used existing hole on the core support and wired it all up nice and pretty. Then he decided to replace the core support and they just cut the wiring off. Guess who's going to get called to fix it when they are done?

Attached picture 5076139-misc018.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums