Moparts

Panhard Bar

Posted By: 36PLYM

Panhard Bar - 06/14/11 03:01 AM

Anybody have info on a bracket to attach panhard to 8 3/4 center section? Maybe at the snubber location?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Panhard Bar - 06/14/11 04:00 AM

I would think you would want to attach a panhard bar to the carrier housing bolts. A simple 1/4" flat stock with an ear added to make the bar attaching point double shear, attached to three of the center section mounting bolts (you can shift towards either side for more offset, if you want) will be strong enough unless you really getting carried away. Keep the bar connection point as close to the top of the center section as possible, excessive height would not be your friend. Least that was what we did when we were dirt track racing. Gene
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: Panhard Bar - 06/14/11 11:41 AM

That was my first choice but the bolts are to short even for 3/16 plate. Are those bolts pressed into the carrier? Thanks.
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Panhard Bar - 06/14/11 02:02 PM

Yes
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Panhard Bar - 07/08/11 01:38 AM

Quote:

Anybody have info on a bracket to attach panhard to 8 3/4 center section? Maybe at the snubber location?

Here You Go

Attached picture 6718756-xvrear2.jpg
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Panhard Bar - 07/08/11 01:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Here You Go 2

Attached picture 6718757-XVfinishedrearsuspension.jpg
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Panhard Bar - 07/08/11 02:25 AM

One of the reasons a panhard rod isn't optimal is that it tends to move the housing side to side as it goes up and down. To lessen the effect you want a panhard rod to be as long as possible. I would attach it to the axle flange on the axle end if at all possible.

Or, if you want to eliminate the problem altogether, use a watts linkage.
© 2024 Moparts Forums